⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t say they weren’t professionals
Moreso the product they put it out isn’t as good
D league players are professionals ...just not as good which is why they don’t get paid as much.

And I don’t watch women’s soccer cause barca takes all my time. I barely have enough time to watch American football and basketball

Have you watched women’s club football?
I couldn’t even find a match if I wanted to

And you can’t just disregard the lack of viewership...that’s literally the reason why they get paid less.

So do you think the LA spark (if they won the championship) should get paid more than the lakers players because they didn’t make the playoffs?

I think you’re missing the argument. You should have asked, “so do you think the woman’s national basketball team should be paid as much as the men’s national team?”
and the answer to that would be 100% yes

i don't think any of us have an objection to them getting paid more...
the question is how much do they deserve?

The women right now get around 200k (roughly) for winning the whole thing. They deserve a mil each + bonuses IMO and then work out a new CBA deal with the fed. They deserve to get paid like the queens they are

for reference:
when France won their pot was: $38mil
US Women's: $4mil

i don't think any of us have an objection to them getting paid more...
the question is how much do they deserve?

They deserve significantly higher than the mens team considering the fact that they've been carrying the sport Nationally and globally since the 90's.

If you don't think they deserve more, they damn sure deserve equal pay.. They're completely better than them in the respective fields. The USWNT has dominated the WC and global women's soccer since its inception..

In case anyone cares, the Champions of Europe are up 6-0 vs Rovers in the preseason's first friendly.

The women right now get around 200k (roughly) for winning the whole thing. They deserve a mil each + bonuses IMO and then work out a new CBA deal with the fed. They deserve to get paid like the queens they are

for reference:
when France won their pot was: $38mil
US Women's: $4mil
does that pot come from FIFA?

Last edited:
apparently barca paid griez's release clause and it will become official tomorrow

It comes from broadcasting, ads, sponsorships (ESPN, ABC,)and all that business stuff that. it USWNT gets some of it, expenses covered needed etc etc eventually trickles down to being 4mil to the women’s team total.

This is in the same sense that TV deals across the world for the EPL make them the richest in profit and just staying above regulation zone or staying promoted gets you at least £10 million to use in the transfer market. (All verbatim/random numbers)

Of course with the women’s game breaking a lot of records, most viewed British women’s game in women’s history, most viewed European game in women’s history, world soccer shop.com saying the women’s jersey is the top rated at the moment or top-selling that’s sure to change. Definitely more $$$ for the women next time around

ok this is a better argument

1. FIFA pays different amount to the Federation for mens and womens world cup
FIFA paid France Football $38 mil for winning Mens WC
FIFA paid US Soccer $4 mil for winning Womens WC

that's understandable, why? Because the Mens World Cup is the biggest thing on the planet and it cannot be comparable. Can they pay the Women a little more? Sure why not, im not saying they don't deserve more, but to say FIFA should pay the 2 equally is asinine by the simple fact that the Mens World Cup is waaaay bigger

2. US Soccer generates their own revenue from friendlies and merchandise sales, here is where the argument should lie. I don't know the exact financials of US Soccer, but I would assume the women bring in as much as the mens overall, and the pay gap shouldn't be that much between those 2.

So as I said before, US women need to take up their beef with US Soccer first before they want to start talking about FIFA because it is 2 different stories

The last documents will be signed tomorrow morning in Madrid for the transfer. Antoine Griezmann will then sign his 5-year contract with Barça. 120 million euros in one time paid by Barcelona # Mercato

Soria bringing Hazard food

Qué cosa más grande :lol:

:lol: bruh i wish i knew spanish just so i could understand these shows
i watched both with no idea what they are saying

can you please give me the gist of what the 2nd video is saying that **** looks hilarious

:lol: bruh i wish i knew spanish just so i could understand these shows
i watched both with no idea what they are saying

can you please give me the gist of what the 2nd video is saying that **** looks hilarious

1st video is pretty self explanatory. You can get it it.

The 2nd video goes....

“We know he’s a good player.....but he’s likes him a good sandwich with fries.....but how can you present yourself like this to RM?...there isn’t an ab muscle in there.....I have more abs than Hazard.....”

Basically what he said.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom