⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shingles, damn that's rough bro. My coworker had shingles in the past and he can't lift his left arm above his shoulder now. My mom had shingles as well
Damn he has that kind of lasting damage from shingles? Didn't even know it could do that, I only knew of some potential lasting effects if the rash is located on the face. That's crazy.
It definitely caught me way off guard the first time I ever had shingles in late 2017. Started off as a mildly painful rash but it worsened to just flat out ridiculous amounts of pain. I had a patch of rash on the right side of my torso roughly the size of a handpalm, it's mostly in the same spot now but more towards my back. It's not as bad this time around but the first time it felt like someone was continually stabbing me in my ribs with a hot electrified knife. I'm already prescribed a maximum daily dosage of medium-strength opiates for my unrelated chronic pain condition and it still hurt like hell. Took like 3 weeks for the shingles to fully go away the first time too. In terms of sheer awful pain I'm not sure if I can think of any past experiences that were worse besides immediate post-surgery pain. I'd say my kneecap dislocation probably came closest to shingles. It really was that bad.

Last edited:
I think City should be fine if Fernandinho is out. I only say this because arsenal are lacking in the center mid. This would be a bigger deal if it were spurs. But if its a mix of Ozil/Xhaka/iwobi/Wilshere i think city will be ok with Ilkay in that role.

Didn't pep throw Zabaleta in at Defensive Mid last season? Maybe he puts Stones there or another decent on ball defender? (stones still not the best tackler)
One reason why I said I lowkey want Foden in that role too. Arsenal's mid is manageable with a non traditional CDM.

Rather save Gundogan for Chelsea when we need to perform especially in 3 days rest.

Stones be coming up on offense anyways hes basically a 2nd CDM...always out of position :lol:

Great read regarding the Man that brought Pulisic to Europe. He also mentions a couple of things that are obvious.

I heard y'all have pretty high membership fees etc. for joining youth football clubs. On average what kind of annual fees are you looking at to join a youth football club?
It's around €250 a year here on average, with some outliers reaching up to €380 or even a bit higher. You can recoup part of those fees depending on how well you and your club perform and what division they play in. In some cases even turn a nice profit if your club is winning a lot in higher divisions, especially in tournament/cup matches. I know the local club in a nearby small town pays around €10 to their first team players after a regular league win and they play in the 3rd provincial division. Not sure about their other payout practices though.

Our health unions (public healthcare/insurance system) can also provide an allowance for youth football membership fees but I'm not sure to what extent. Presumably not much but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
I heard y'all have pretty high membership fees etc. for joining youth football clubs. On average what kind of annual fees are you looking at to join a youth football club?
It's around €250 a year here on average, with some outliers reaching up to €380 or even a bit higher. You can recoup part of those fees depending on how well you and your club perform and what division they play in. In some cases even turn a nice profit if your club is winning a lot in higher divisions, especially in tournament/cup matches. I know the local club in a nearby small town pays around €10 to its first team players after a regular league win and they play in the 3rd provincial division. Not sure about their other payout practices though.

Our health unions (public healthcare/insurance system) can also provide an allowance for youth football membership fees but I'm not sure to what extent. Presumably not much but it's better than nothing.

On average, Parents spend about $3000-10000 yearly here in the states and the youth club gets nothing in return if the kid is good enough to play in MLS or in Europe. It's one of the many things wrong with development in this country, there's no incentive for developing the kids. I would love to hear @psk2310's and @northoaklandfc's take since they have firsthand experience on this topic.

eeehhh
mjcry1.png
Best wishes to your pops, you and your family. Hope he gets better asap

It's around €250 a year here on average, with some outliers reaching up to €380 or even a bit higher. You can recoup part of those fees depending on how well you and your club perform and what division they play in. In some cases even turn a nice profit if your club is winning a lot in higher divisions, especially in tournament/cup matches. I know the local club in a nearby small town pays around €10 to their first team players after a regular league win and they play in the 3rd provincial division. Not sure about their other payout practices though.

I played national level youth soccer (2 time national champs while i was playing) and we had a few people fall out because they couldn't afford it. We were very lucky in that we had one person on the team, who's father was very wealthy, pay for our coaches. I know it wasn't a full time income type salary but it was a good amount. Then the players and their parents still had to come up with league fees, tournament fees, travel cost etc. We were low middle class when i was a kid and it was very hard for us to make all the fees. We got a lot of family help.

Its tough when in one year you play in florida, austin and san diego (and live in Maryland). And you are a single parent with 2 kids. You need to cover airfair for everyone and living expenses while you are at the tournament. So i can't imagine what the total cost was for us as kids and even now-a-days

Sergio Ramos told the midfielder off for his lack of consideration towards his team-mate and his poor attitude. According to the journalist Jose Luis Sanchez, the Madrid captain told him that "at Madrid, you have to leave the pitch by running."

:lol: Ramos...shut it. Dude's one of your best players. You better not run him out of Madrid.

With Nike dropping heat this summer,someone had to step up and fill the hole for uninspired and lazy kit designs. Seems like Puma's taken it up themselves :lol:

This little cartoon is inaccurate. While FC Barcelona has traditionally supported the Catalan separatist movement and the revolutionary flag is often seen at their matches, Espanyol is not separatist at all.

you're correct but this cartoon doesn't say anything about that tbh
and espanyol does still dawn the catalan stripes on their jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom