⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tentative breakdown of NT's for next year's Copa America in Brazil:

10 - CONMEBOL
4 - CONCACAF
1 - UEFA
1 - AFC

On average, Parents spend about $3000-10000 yearly here in the states and the youth club gets nothing in return if the kid is good enough to play in MLS or in Europe. It's one of the many things wrong with development in this country, there's no incentive for developing the kids. I would love to hear @psk2310's and @northoaklandfc's take since they have firsthand experience on this topic.
I knew it was high but didn't know it was that high. :sick: Even if I was pretty loaded I don't see myself ever paying such extortionate fees.
No wonder there's so little quality in the US NT, no offense. Good quality and affordable youth development in sports is great for the kids and very important to the overall cultivation of talent throughout any given country. We're a pretty tiny country but I'd say our youth development is quite good. And a lot of the bigger clubs in the Belgian league have agreements of some kind with many of these youth clubs. I live in pretty much the middle of nowhere in a small rural town surrounded by other small rural towns and the local youth club from our neighbor town has a certified agreement with Club Brugge for scouting and transfers. Many youth clubs have a certificate of some kind of arrangement with a club from the top national league, even small ones like the local one near me that plays in tthe third division of my province.

In another one of the small towns we're surrounded by they host an annual U-13 cup where teams from all over the country and even outside of the country go to. And it's just a random small rural town really. The U-13 cup there has seen a lot of talent over the years such as Kompany, De Bruyne, Courtois, Mertens, Lukaku, ... most of the big names in Belgian football. I remember kids attending the tournament all the way from Barcelona.
We have plenty of football fields around here too. My town has a population of around 2000 people and we have a big football pitch with high and wide fencing behind the goals to prevent balls from flying way out of the pitch. And we don't even have a real football team ourselves. The nearby town that has a football club has their own pitch as well obviously, as does the town where the U-13 cup is held. The closest city is about 10km away, has a population of around 20k people and has a grand total of 4 full-sized football fields and an indoor futsal court. There's an additional small football field in the kids playground there too. Generally you're never far away from a football field at any given time, which also helps development of course. You don't have to join a club or anything to play on the fields as much as you want. Unless they're in an enclosed space as part of a club's training ground, in which case they charge a small fee. But most of the football fields are public.

Last edited:
Bizarre match so far. I guess it makes sense that the penalty was disallowed because Son stopped his run but even the commentators were confused.

And now Rochdale scores :smh::lol:
Nice goal though, props to them.

It continues to baffle me how we can do so well in the league and even in the CL and when it comes to the cups we get this. It's not like we're putting a terrible squad out there. We actually have a good shot at winning the FA cup based on our CL and league performances, no reason for these kind of matches to be so close.

Not the first time we've seen a stutter-step PK... but I guess the difference this time was that Son came to a full-stop.

Not the first time we've seen a stutter-step PK... but I guess the difference this time was that Son came to a full-stop.
Yeah I was confused at first because the stutter step is pretty common but the replay showed Son's legs both appearing to stop at some point. So it makes sense to me given the rule.

Good first half for Rochdale, not so much for us.

Dude got carded too... didn't know it was a bookable offense. At the same time, there was the issue of encroachment...

this spurs match has been a unique one to say the least.

spurs look comfortable and confident when they have the ball and lost when they don't.

if at the hour mark they aren't winning I can see Alli and Kane coming on

Faith has been partially restored :pimp:
Good pass by Moura, great finish by Llorente

Wouldn't want to be on that pitch right now, some of the players aren't even wearing long sleeves. My hands were freezing to the point of hurting this morning in similar weather.

Edit: Llorente with the hattrick :pimp: Scored with his left foot, right foot and his head. Great work from Son too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom