⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Croatia has to win this. It's now or never best squad they will probably ever have. France can afford a lose

With all that pressure resting on their shoulders? Gotta disagree that they can afford to lose especially coming off that Euro final L at home.

They've got unfinished business and the expectation back home before the WC has always been win it all or bust.

It'd be amazing if Croatia won their first one but man,there'd be a meltdown in France :lol:

You already saw how hyped they were off the back of just making it to the final,could see that becoming riots if they take the L

Could you imagine if it was Sterling who was in that position and bottled the chance?

Its probably gonna be the first time a golden boot winner has had a mediocre tourney overall

Zagreb seemed as lit as Paris last night

Lowkey been down to visit Croatia sometime,looks gorgeous and seems cheaper than most European destinations

Anyone in here ever been?

He was hurt often last season if I'm not mistake,apparently he's got D-Wade knees

Torino really should've cashed in when they were getting big offers after the season he had 2 seasons back

Zagreb seemed as lit as Paris last night

Lowkey been down to visit Croatia sometime,looks gorgeous and seems cheaper than most European destinations

Anyone in here ever been?

My dad said it's one of the most beautiful (and cheapest) countries he's ever been to. He's a very tan Middle Eastern/Latino looking dude, and he and his Indian/Middle Eastern friends all said the locals were pretty friendly to them (but could be just because they were in the major tourist areas). Had to point that out because "Will the locals start @#$@ with me cause of how I look?" is one of the first things I think of whenever I visit a city/country in Europe

My dad said it's one of the most beautiful (and cheapest) countries he's ever been to. He's a very tan Middle Eastern/Latino looking dude, and he and his Indian/Middle Eastern friends all said the locals were pretty friendly to them (but could be just because they were in the major tourist areas). Had to point that out because "Will the locals start @#$@ with me cause of how I look?" is one of the first things I think of whenever I visit a country in Europe

Yea I was gonna ask if you hadn't mentioned it :lol:

It first came on my radar a few years back after I learned that Game of Thrones films all their Kings Landing scenes there and after looking it up, it definitely seems like a beautiful country and the lower cost is another big plus. Good looks

Been contemplating visiting on my next trip to Europe.

Yea I was gonna ask if you hadn't mentioned it :lol:

It first came on my radar a few years back after I learned that Game of Thrones films all their Kings Landing scenes there and after looking it up, it definitely seems like a beautiful country and the lower cost is another big plus

Been contemplating visiting on my next trip to Europe.

My dad and his friends stayed in Dubrovnik. It's basically the Amalfi Coast of Croatia

Not his pic if it matters:

Image-1-1.jpg

The scenery looks so picturesque,water always looking clear and turquoise

It's probably the only country in the Balkans I wanna visit

The scenery looks so picturesque,water always looking clear and turquoise

It's probably the only country in the Balkans I wanna visit

I'd say go sooner than later before it becomes a tourist trap area. A bunch of douchey people I knew in college have been doing those "yacht week booze cruises" there over the past year or two :sick: so I guess it's slowly catching on as a major tourist destination (it's always been a destination for Europeans but has been relatively safe from Americans and English so far)

Me and my buddies were looking into doing one of those in Croatia.

Guess I’m a douche.

Oh well, there are worse things to be in life (Manchester United/formerly Real Madrid/maybe Juvenus supporter)

:lol: I don't get the "I'm gonna go overseas and f @#$@ up, bro!" vibe from you though. The people I'm referring to are like that :sick: I went to a university full of that type, so I occasionally see posts like that from people I forgot to delete

:lol: I don't get the "I'm gonna go overseas and f @#$@ up, bro!" vibe from you though. The people I'm referring to are like that :sick: I went to a university full of that type, so I occasionally see posts like that from people I forgot to delete

I know what you mean,the type of crowd you'd see on spring break doing their best Jersey Shore audition looking a drunk mess :lol:

Arsenal->Real Madrid->Portugal->Juventus->future LA Galaxy fan :nerd:

Real fans rooting for Juve would be like Barca fans rooting for the P$G after Neymar bounced :lol:

Rooting for the squad their old squad washed the year before

Can def see Ron finishing it up in LA or Miami whenever that team finally comes

Unless Juve playing Barca, I don't really see a scenario where I'd be rooting for them

No doubt in my mind we run into either Juve and/or PSG in the CL

Need UEFA need swing some easy draws this year, last two seasons been hell

UEFA's def setting up that Real - Juve matchup in the knockout stages as soon as they can,they never wait when it comes to reunion storylines :lol:

They don't even try to be clever about it :lol: it's blatant fixing but the fans will watch without complaining regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom