⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why though?
because they structured the MLS board of directors/backrooms just like their other American sport counterparts. a salary cap on every club to prevent one team from getting an advantage i.e buying and forming of super clubs. worst team of the season then gets the best prospects so they can bounce back aka the draft.

obviously the real footy world doesn't do this with OBVIOUSLY richer clubs doing OBVIOUSLY richer things. only until recently has FIFA and the other big organisations have tried to combat it with the Fair play rules but we see how well that is doing in front of our eyes.

forgot to add; a designated player is someone on a team that doesn't add towards the cap. like specifically detailing the MLS which is your best player (in terms of $ worth). has been used primarily as a marketing ploy signifying your club's superstar. it first started with Beckham coming into the galaxy. It might even be called the beckham rule itself

because they structured the MLS board of directors/backrooms just like their other American sport counterparts. a salary cap on every club to prevent one team from getting an advantage i.e buying and forming of super clubs. worst team of the season then gets the best prospects so they can bounce back aka the draft.

obviously the real footy world doesn't do this with OBVIOUSLY richer clubs doing OBVIOUSLY richer things. only until recently has FIFA and the other big organisations have tried to combat it with the Fair play rules but we see how well that is doing in front of our eyes.

forgot to add; a designated player is someone on a team that doesn't add towards the cap. like specifically detailing the MLS which is your best player (in terms of $ worth). has been used primarily as a marketing ploy signifying your club's superstar. it first started with Beckham coming into the galaxy. It might even be called the beckham rule itself
do you like the american system?

Dembele will never be forgiven for his lackadaisical attitude he displayed in the CL semis. Messi being more upset then him at a miss and he just shrugs it off. Mans should never ever dawn the club crest ever again, he's not worthy.

jape... you gave up on Dembele too? I see that avi change
Absolutely not. Dembeles talent is unquestionable. His injuries are worrying though. They are killing his confidence and putting a lot of extra pressure on him.
But I been rocking with this avi since Fati got his first run though. Can’t help but be a fan of the young man.

Actually planned on copping a dembele, frenkie, and Fati Jersey this season cause all the kits are clean but Im not sure barca won’t pawn him off for **** boy neymar

Everything is valverdes fault though ...all the time...no matter what
Can’t write off dembele till we see him under a different manager

Don’t trip we got Mason Greenwood :pimp: He’ll be better than both.

Genuinely happy for Tammy and Mount. There’s been so many Chelsea youth products through the years that should’ve been given a shot. Glad those two are making an impact. Would like to see McEachran make that leap soon too.

Y'all really feeling Greenwood like that? Based on what?

Because I dunno all the United young players just seem fast, and they kick the ball hard but the creativity the speed of thought... doesn't look like they got it like that.

:lol:
vyqxof9rssm31.jpg

Y'all really feeling Greenwood like that? Based on what?

Because I dunno all the United young players just seem fast, and they kick the ball hard but the creativity the speed of thought... doesn't look like they got it like that.

This is based off what he’s shown in our academy and the appearances he’s made in the first team. He’s the complete opposite of the players you’re describing (Rashford and James I’m guessing). His positioning and awareness are beyond his years and he’s a natural goal scorer. He’s also legit two-footed, dribbling and shooting, can’t stress how scary that is. Kid is a natural. Seen him, Rashford and Tammy come up through the ranks and he’s got them beat by miles at the same age.

do you like the american system?
The system works for the American sports because you need some years on you to grow without doing too much damage to your body. And bodies vary in size for footy. And American sports don’t have (dedicated) academies for each club/team. Might even be laws against it. Sure you can look at nearby colleges and semi-pro leagues but nothing like “MdL has been with Ajax since 6yrs old” type of deal. Fati is 16. Sixteen! He would still be his 2nd year of High School if he was American. Pulisic got lucky he was scouted in Pennsylvania.

I’ve already ranted about you’d be wasting your prime years of footy at 17-25ish if you were American by the time you get drafted to an MLS club if you’re lucky. And since there’s no promotion/regulation in any of our sports it pushes the narrative of teams not needing to do extensive scouting and research to find an edge against the other clubs. The players will come to you While in footy you have to go out to find your next young talent because if your teams starts losing you’re out of the Premier League and Leeds will gladly take your place.

Don’t trip we got Mason Greenwood :pimp: He’ll be better than both.

Genuinely happy for Tammy and Mount. There’s been so many Chelsea youth products through the years that should’ve been given a shot. Glad those two are making an impact. Would like to see McEachran make that leap soon too.

Can't wait until he starts getting real burn

Can't forget about young Gomes though who's by far the most technically gifted and has me damn near certain that he'll be showing out soon,be it at United or somewhere else (if he doesn't start getting pt soon since he's on his last year of his deal...)

The yellow wall...def on my bucket list
Messi too apparently. He’s dying to feature tonight cause he’s a huge fan of the atmosphere there.

In for Napoli vs Liverpool today. Tad bit of of barca game too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom