⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really really have a hard time buying that the club, or even Flo, would turn down a 26 year old Mbappe entering his prime if he wanted to join in 3 years :lol:

Their pride and ego has been bruised big time in the short term which is why the fans and the media are lashing out the way they are but I highly doubt they'd refuse probably the best player in the world on some petty/pride BS when he's ready.

Feels like a lot of hot air, just hope Mbappe realizes that because it'd be incredibly short-sighted, and kinda dumb tbh, burning that bridge or sealing that door permanently when he's 23 years old right now...

None of these indignant Madridistas would've turned down 600m over 3 years for their hometown club with even the president on his knees begging you :lol:

Idk it comes off performative AF cause nobody actually buys that you're a PSG fan

I’m not. :lol:

But I needed a big club to latch onto once your daddy Papa Perez made his move.

But I know enough about Paris and France thru extension and family to speak on such things.

It can’t just be one huge RM Twitter account on here regurgitating Florentino Perez propaganda.

I’m not. :lol:

But I needed a big club to latch onto once your daddy Papa Perez made his move.

But I know enough about Paris and France thru extension and family to speak on such things.

It can’t just be one huge RM Twitter account on here regurgitating Florentino Perez propaganda.
This means nothing to me because I don't do any of that Papa Flo stuff.

Mbappe didn't come, it's an L and we move on.

So why do they does France love Zidane (another Algerian Muslim) and Mbappe? They do they worship their feet.

You’re attacking Valbuena now too? What did he do but mind his business and have sex? :lol:

Everybody knows god damn well what Benzema did. Now him calling Mbappe a “betrayer” is truly hilarious.
Because Zidane is from a generation wich was less subjected to scrutiny over its religion, because they were perceived as less "proselyte" and were not the scapegoat of terrorism after 9/11 and other European attacks. Best believe Zizou had a lot of doubters but far right rethoric was less prevalent in french society at that time.
As far as Mbappe, on one hand he's a Christian and on the other hand, I'm sure you're familiar with colorism and tokenism but don't get fouled by that: he also get a lot of criticism upon what he looks like and where he comes from.

Karim calling Kylian a traitor is indeed stupid and out of place tho

Last edited:
Because Zidane is from a generation wich was less subjected to scrutiny over its religion, because they were perceived as less proselyte and were not the scapegoat of terrorism after 9/11 and other European attacks. Best believe Zizou had a lot of doubters but far right rethoric was less prevalent in french society at that time.
As far as Mbappe, on one hand he's a Christian and on the other hand, I'm sure you're familiar with colorism and tokenism but don't get fouled by that: he also get a lot of criticism upon what he looks like and where he comes from.

No doubt France has it’s issues but so does every place in the world. France is extremely multiethnic. By far the the most multiethnic country in Europe. Compare that to Spain next door and it’s another universe.

Le Pen just got smoked. Their far right is scrambling right now because Macron has been terrible so far. That’s a discussion for a different thread tho.

But point remains. Zidane is a king. Mbappe is on the same path. Benzema should have been quiet knowing his history. He was the last one who should have sent out a subliminal shot. (If that’s what he was doing, I still don’t know because I don’t get it).

Because Zidane is from a generation wich was less subjected to scrutiny over its religion, because they were perceived as less proselyte and were not the scapegoat of terrorism after 9/11 and other European attacks. Best believe Zizou had a lot of doubters but far right rethoric was less prevalent in french society at that time.

France has always been up in arms with Muslims. If anything Zidane is from an era in which they were barely starting to recognize some of their requests. Remember in the 80s-90's they had the whole "Muslims are invading France" movement. Yet he was still beloved. The French turned on Benz cause of the Valbuena incident. Now he's getting positive press because of his play for both club and country and its looked at like a redemption story.

Benzema wouldn’t understand that love because he tried to blackmail his own teammate with a sextape and the country turned on him.

You are right that a lot of France turned on Benz, but not all. There’s a reason Macron intervened to get Benz back into the NT. I was in France after the 2018 World Cup win and I’m not exaggerating when I say that Africans, Arabs, and Muslims (I know there’s some overlap here but you all get it) love Benz, and felt less represented without him at the WC. They felt that it was catering to bigots to not have him there. I believe you when you say your family there isn’t fond of him, but there are without a doubt people who love him.

I can’t speak on how things are now, but I’d imagine the way he’s become a media darling with the BdO race is already over headlines and NT performances that he’s only gained more popularity since.

No doubt France has its issues but so does every place in the world. France is extremely multiethnic. By far the the most multiethnic country in Europe. Compare that to Spain next door and it’s another universe.

Le Pen just got smoked. Their far right is scrambling right now because Macron has been terrible so far. That’s a discussion for a different thread tho.

But point remains. Zidane is a king. Mbappe is on the same path. Benzema should just be quiet knowing his history.
Talk about "multiethnic" to a french white guy and watch how he looks at you. They're not claiming that at all, even though, in fact, it is. Having colonized places at the four corners of the world does that to a country, for far longer than Spain/Portugal etc.
Le Pen lost but I wouldn't call it being smoked, as her party and another growing far right one is stronger than ever. She only lost because she's a old washed cow looking *** and her younger and "prettier" niece is coming to take her place in 5 years.

But that's indeed a conversation for another thread.

Zidane is a King, Karim is too and so is becoming Kylian and I hope the petty differences can be put aside to achieve our common goal: be the greatest team in the world and piss off the crackers while doing so.

Let's say in 3 years that a rival presidential candidate to Flo runs on bringing in Mbappe after the intial sting and strong emotions have long worn off while Flo's still holding a grudge, what are the chances he'd lose?

You're telling me Real fans would be actually mad over the likely best player in the world joining? Please :lol:

France has always been up in arms with Muslims. If anything Zidane is from an era in which they were barely starting to recognize some of their requests. Remember in the 80s-90's they had the whole "Muslims are invading France" movement. Yet he was still beloved. The French turned on Benz cause of the Valbuena incident.
You right but not thorough enough.
Far right is at an all time high in France and Karim praying hands in games and his open love for Algeria has been the main factor for french people disdain for him, years before the "incident". In Spain, De Gea had issues at the same time but had the support of his country and organization, France is different.

You right but not thorough enough.
Far right is at an all time high in France and Karim praying hands in games and his open love for Algeria has been the main factor for french people disdain for him
Pogba does the same and may be even more vocal about policies in France in regards to Muslims and I don't see them have the same level of disdain for him.

Let's say in 3 years that a rival presidential candidate to Flo runs on bringing in Mbappe after the intial sting and strong emotions have long worn off while Flo's still holding a grudge, what are the chances he'd lose?

You're telling me Real fans would be actually mad over the likely best player in the world joining? Please :lol:

No majority of fans will be over it, there will some who have hard stance. And the if the two parties can trust each other then something can happen.

You are right that a lot of France turned on Benz, but not all. There’s a reason Macron intervened to get Benz back into the NT. I was in France after the 2018 World Cup win and I’m not exaggerating when I say that Africans, Arabs, and Muslims (I know there’s some overlap here but you all get it) love Benz, and felt less represented without him at the WC. They felt that it was catering to bigots to not have him there. I believe you when you say your family there isn’t fond of him, but there are without a doubt people who love him.

I can’t speak on how things are now, but I’d imagine the way he’s become a media darling with all the BdO race is already over headlines and NT performances that he’s only gained more popularity since.

Oh no my cousins love Benzema, they don’t hate him. Some of them aren’t even French citizens yet even tho they were born there, they have their own issues personal issues with the French too.

Definitely agree Benzema is in the French good graces. The French love him again. But it’s not that Zidane or Mbappe type of love. It never will be. That’s just what it is.

But Benzema insinuating that Mbappe is a traitor is too much. Way too much.

PSG also means a whole lot to the Africans and Arabs you speak of. A whole lot.

Last edited:
No majority of fans will be over it, there will some who have hard stance. And the if the two parties can trust each other then something can happen.
Absolutely how it would play out which is why some of these definitive declarations and statements while emotions are running hot are so funny to see :lol:

It stings I'm sure but it's not the end of the world and the club is on the verge of another CL title too on the back of exciting young talent and club legends. Things could be so much worse.

All this outrage, over a renewal, feels wildly over the top when nothing has been set in stone in the future. Let the club execs stay salty over their **** swinging contests, fans would buy up White Mbappe jerseys in record numbers if it happened guaranteed :lol:

All the RM fans are now being petty and saying F him and he can never join. And tbh that’s the energy I personally want even if it’s not true. There’s gotta be an understanding that there won’t be any games played next time and if he wants to join then it’s on the club’s terms, and as a potential incoming galactico that he’s not just there to score goals—he’s an ambassador with responsibility to the fan base and he’s gotta explain himself.

I think in the same way that he himself said he’ll explain to Benz and Benz will likely respect him doing so as man, that it extends to Madridista nation. I mean that’s in part what he’s doing in these interviews talking directly to the Madrid fan base.

But, until any of that happens, as far as I’m concerned dude is just hedging for another PSG signing bonus.

Pogba does the same and may be even more vocal about policies in France in regards to Muslims and I don't see them have the same level of disdain for him.
The disdain for him and his family has been tremendous and look how he toned down the policies talk for quite some time now.
He's been criticized for everything under the sun from his hairstyles to his dances and dabbing to his mother being "too visible" at the games and whatnot.
But I guess you gotta live in France or really follow french politics and media to really know.

The disdain for him and his family has been tremendous and look how he toned down the policies talk for quite some time now.
He's been criticized for everything under the sun from his hairstyles to his dances and dabbing to his mother being "too visible" at the games and whatnot.
But I guess you gotta live in France or really follow french politics and media to really know.
The dancing and hairstyle criticism comes from the English pundits and then echoed by everyone else. No one cared when he was dabbing it up at Juventus. The criticism about his mother came from Rabiots mother who was pissed that people were blaming Rabiot for their ouster in the Euros.

The dancing and hairstyle criticism comes from the English pundits and then echoed by everyone else. The criticism about his mother came from Rabiots mother who was pissed that people were blaming Rabiot for their ouster in the Euros.
All the things I listed predates the causes you seem to outline. They BEEN hating on Pog's Mom and her custom jerseys at the games, for years now. They been criticizing him for his perceived lack of football iq, and been rounding it to being a "black player" as was his dancing and whatnot. They've hating him for what he stands for, where he grew up and what he looks like for the most part of his career.
A lot of the outside world seem to think racial tensions and racism are inexistent in France, judging by the amount of black players in EDF but a lot, quite the majority of french people call it an "African team" (not in a good way) before switching up and buying jerseys at the end of any competition.
But let me stop digressing.

Last edited:
The guy from Chiringuito English is slipping. There are so many more videos he can translate. Must be a Madrid fan.

But for instance. There was a poll where like 72 percent of RM fans believe Mbappe to be a traitor. And 83 percent of RM fans don’t want Mbappe to ever play for the club.

It’s very weird energy. Like this is how they feel (watch below). And we know Florentino feels the same way.

Chiringuito English really need to translate this one for you guys :lol:

Edu says all the PSG fans were making fun of him when he went to the PSG game Saturday. Yelling out out “Se queda, TIC TAC”. Says he’s never been more embarrassed.

Said he’s never seen RM this angry. Not even during the Barça CL years. And that now Mbappe is public enemy number one for Madridistas.

This is gold :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom