⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz looked really good after joining but he joined an already well-oiled machine that had been firing on all cylinders long before he joined. Same for Jota when he joined, it made it a bit easier on them since they weren't exactly relied upon to be the main guys right from the jump when they were playing with some of the best in the world.

They'll be relied upon, especially Diaz, and expected to fill a very different role now without Mane. Maybe he has it in him to become that guy but it's hard to not expect them to skip a beat and just keep on trucking like normal.

Dudes like Salah and Mane are some of the best players the PL has ever seen. Not crazy to think they'll be hard to replace. From my own POV, United haven't even replaced ****ing Nani yet :lol:. You don't lose greatness and just have things stay business as usual.

Not sure anyone's said they'll be bad, they're most likely still gonna be the 2nd best team in the country.

I just don't expect them to hit the same heights (90+ point seasons, potential treble/deep runs in every competition) that they have been with him which would already be hard generally.

Seriously don't think anyone is questioning whether they'll still be good, just hard to see them still being great. He helped them pull victories or points out of their *** countless times in recent memory that its going to be very hard to replace that impact, even with Nunez and Diaz who have yet to play full seasons in England yet.

They had something special with Mane - Salah - Firmino, one of the great attacks ever that made up some of the best teams in recent history, and it's not out of the question to believe that what they achieved won't be replicated as seamlessly and easily as some people think no matter how great Klopp is.

His BVB squads weren't the same after losing Lewa, this could be similar
What you're saying is just not true. Dortmunds drop off happened much earlier than Lewandoski leaving. You forget that Dortmund won the bundesliga twice under klopp(2010-11 and 2011-12). After that they've played well in champions league, but were okay domestically. The point gap between them and first was significant for a number of years. And 3rd place was right on their heels by a point or two. All the while they had Lewa. So to think the drop happened after they lost Lewa is false. It happened years before while he was still on the team, so that's mute.

Diaz hasn't shown the end product as mane.

Work rate yes, get in behind, yes. Nowhere as strong, that man was a lion. Diaz frail af
Even young Southampton mane had more than diaz.
Diaz is coming from a different league and only spent half a season in England. He will have to adjust like everyone else who moved to a new league, but made an immediate impact and will continue to adjust. He was taking people on and getting past defenders.

Last edited:
What you're saying is just not true. Dortmunds drop off happened much earlier than Lewandoski leaving. You forget that Dortmund won the bundesliga twice under klopp(2010-11 and 2011-12). After that they've played well in champions league, but were okay domestically. The point gap between them and first was significant for a number of years. And 3rd place was right on their heels by a point or two. All the while they had Lewa.
They achieved all of that while they had Lewa, the season after he left they finished in 7th place in the league and got bounced in the round of 16 in the CL which led to Klopp resigning.

I'm obviously not saying there's gonna be the same type of drop off this season but I don't see you guys coming close to 92 points and finishing a single point off winning the league without him. Still gonna probably comfortably finish 2nd but the gap between City and the rest of the pack is going to be wider than it has been in years imo.

I think you guys will be much closer to the rest of the pack this season (Chelsea/Spurs etc) than City at the top

What you're saying is just not true. Dortmunds drop off happened much earlier than Lewandoski leaving. You forget that Dortmund won the bundesliga twice under klopp(2010-11 and 2011-12). After that they've played well in champions league, but were okay domestically. The point gap between them and first was significant for a number of years. And 3rd place was right on their heels by a point or two. All the while they had Lewa. So to think the drop happened after they lost Lewa is false. It happened years before while he was still on the team, so that's mute.

Diaz is coming from a different league and only spent half a season in England. He will have to adjust like everyone else who moved to a new league, but made an immediate impact and will continue to adjust. He was taking people on and getting past defenders.
Getting by defenders and doing what? Cause Adama traore can shed defenders too lol

Diaz gotta show some results over the next 2-3 years before man can crown him an adequate mane replacement.

They achieved all of that while they had Lewa, the season after he left they finished in 7th place in the league and got bounced in the round of 16 in the CL which led to Klopp resigning.

I'm obviously not saying there's gonna be the same type of drop off this season but I don't see you guys coming close to 92 points and finishing a single point off winning the league without him. Still gonna probably comfortably finish 2nd but the gap between City and the rest of the pack is going to be wider than it has been in years imo
Achieved what? They finished in 2nd with 3rd place behind them by 1-5 points during Lewa's last few seasons there, with 1st place being 30 points above them each season. You forget Mario Goetze was balling for them and then he left along with Perisic etc. Comparing Mane leaving Pool to Lewa leaving Dortmund and claiming that it will have the same effect doesn't make sense considering that you don't even realize that Dortmund was already on its way down way before Lewa left. It simply isn't the same. Liverpool didn't finish in 2nd place by a small margin. The gap between them and 3rd was massive. Will the new signings require time to adjust and learn the system, league etc? Yes. Can this possibly set the squad back? Possibly, but to compare Liverpool to Dortmund simply doesn't make any sense. Only comparison isn't they shared the same manager and had transfers take place during the summer.

And you keep mentioning the 14/15 season for Dortmund, but they were also filled with injury woes to their key players as well.

Getting by defenders and doing what? Cause Adama traore can shed defenders too lol

Diaz gotta show some results over the next 2-3 years before man can crown him an adequate mane replacement.
Benedict Arnold over here. Luis Diaz sample size while small has shown that we will be fine.

Especially considering that our play style will deviate from relying primarily on getting goals from our wingers based off the Darwin Nunez transfer who is more of a traditional striker. Will we expect goals from Diaz? Yes, but his play style is different than that of Manes and how the team will play will also be different with Manes departure.

Last edited:
Saw today that Juve are studying bringing Neymar on. Would be an interesting signing for them.

Feel like this Raphina/arsenal saga is gonna be another vlahovic situation.. rumors rumors rumors all summer and then he’ll join another team

I’ve only seen him play when we play Leeds so I don’t even have that much of an opinion on him tbh..I only remember him scoring a penalty once but if we can get rid of Pepe and add him I’ll take it

Yikes

Would be fitting ending his club career back home in Wales

Heading to Ajax apparently

Not so secret then :lol:

Sheesh :sick:

Also with the Sterling to Chelsea talk, looks like their interest in Dembele has cooled big time and it sounds like he'll probably end up signing that extension he rejected from Barca weeks back

See I knew this would happen with Dybala.

3 million from Sevilla?

He was better off staying at Juve for the discount they were offering.

How dope is this kit?

Too bad you can’t wear it because there is a swastika on it.

See if you can find it. :lol:

1655938056293.jpeg

My Uncle in West Palm has this one. Has a couple Fiorentina kits actually.

He likes Purple as much as I do but he’s superrrrr gaudy man.

Has a purple dipped 1987 Porsche and and purple bed sheets and drapes too.:rofl:

That’s dope! The original Nintendo kits are rare and valuable. Your uncle sounds like the Portuguese Prince :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom