⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's a big "if" but I think if Ready Steady Raheem has his head screwed on right, he'll have a great season playing on the wing city.

My biggest fear is that arrogant s.o.b. LvG is going to play Memphis all over the place especially if things don't go right. :rolleyes

My son played pick up at an organized event today. HIs squad of 11-12 year olds won all their 5 games against other 11-12 year olds & 2 teams of 13-14 year old. All the kids were either A ball kids or academy level players... Proud to say my boy played really really well. Got some compliments from the coaches at the private school that hosted the event & also from ex MLSer/DC United player Santino Quaranta. Santino's father also told me he played well... :smokin

As a Liverpool supporter, I'm satisfied with the sale of Raheem but I don't have faith in them to bring in a striker who will perform will in the league. I know they've been rumored to be in for Benteke but I'm not sure if he fits Rodgers system. Can't hate on Raheem for wanting to get paid and play for a team that has a better chance of winning trophies right now but he could have went about it a lot better.

Im hoping guat can pull this out with a draw. It's going to be tough though I think. Seems like Mexico is getting somewhat closer to scoring.

I'd love to see Guatemala pull something off but that red nipped that idea in the bud. This will more than liky end in a draw.

I was hoping that the ball deflected into the goal off the Mexican lying on the ground in the offsides position. That would have been hilarious.

Seemed like there was a bounty on vela's head :lol:
Mexico showed no creativity, kept knocking on the door but couldn't materialize anything outside of a few good plays. So much for being in the 'easy' group :lol:

Seems like Chelsea hasn't done much of anything regarding signings. Need some transfer action to hold me over.

Seems like Chelsea hasn't done much of anything regarding signings. Need some transfer action to hold me over.

Chelsea doesn't need much really, do they?

Surely one or two signings to tweak the impressive squad they already have is all that's necessary.

I'm not expecting Roman x Mourinho to go willy nilly this summer. One or two well planned signings is all they need.

Chelsea doesn't need much really, do they?

Surely one or two signings to tweak the impressive squad they already have is all that's necessary.

I'm not expecting Roman x Mourinho to go willy nilly this summer. One or two well planned signings is all they need.

I agree...not sure about their depth but Chelsea already have a very strong first eleven...

all these quality midfield signings means no more Rooney experiment in midfield :pimp:

anyway,here's my predicted first eleven:

[COLOR=#red] whoever-the-hell-is-playing-in-goal

Darmian Smalling Rojo Shaw

Schweinsteiger Carrick Blind

Di Maria Rooney Memphis

subs: Lindegaard,Jones,Valencia,Schneiderlin,Herrera,Fellaini,Mata,Young,Wilson[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Schneiderlin will probably start over Blind, because that midfield combo would be ridiculously slow.

i hear you man,but Blind was one of Utd's most consistent performer last season...his reading of the game and composure is :pimp:
the problem last season was having so much possession but not creating enough goalscoring chances...hopefully Memphis' arrival and Rooney reverting to striker would change that...

it's still a nice selection headache to have though :pimp: hopefully everyone can be happy with LvG's rotation...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom