⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrie walking was a good thing. He's a ticking time bomb whose timer resets every 3 months.
F*ck Gordon Hayward. But if Ainge doesn't use that TPE then yeah he goofed there.
AD would have been a one season rental and that season probably would have been AD sitting out with a lot of tummy aches and sore ankles. The you're out AD, Kyrie, Tatum and Jaylen.
His drafting has been pretty bad outside of Tatum/Brown/Rozier/Smart.
Ainge did a good job getting talented players, but a horrible job at gauging their chemistry and fit.
I would say he f'd up if there really was a Kawhi-JB swap on the table, but as JB gets better that's a little up in the air.

In a perfect world it would've been Smart/Rozier/Jaylen/Jayson/Horford.

Out of all the talent they had over the past 5 years, they should've at least had a finals appearance. Ainge, injuries, Lebron and other factors got in the way.

I think you take that chance on ADisney. Especially with Kawhi leaving Toronto. No Bron in conference. East was a toss up last year...with Milwaukee the favorite, but a beatable favorite. Hence Miami getting a shot in the finals in the CovidCup*

Let’s remove the typo

CC81C258-2F2A-4F07-9DA2-E7487F1D7B52.gif

I think you take that chance on ADisney. Especially with Kawhi leaving Toronto. No Bron in conference. East was a toss up last year...with Milwaukee the favorite, but a beatable favorite. Hence Miami getting a shot in the finals in the CovidCup*

True. I just didn't trust AD after all the DNP's in New Orleans. Seems like he had one destination in mind and I don't know if he'd be able to commit to a title run mentally.

Biggest things that hurt Celtics was kyrie not being able to play pg when they had there deepest squad and sixers offering horford that absurd contract. Holding onto guys like Morris and baynes could have helped too

Still can't believe Lakers let McGee and Howard escape. Dumb organization

Gasol is a downgrade

You're no longer getting the Gasol from Memphis - he's 36 and past his prime. I agree with you that either one of McGee or Howard should've been retained considering that they didn't take big pay days to go to Cleveland and Philly respectively.

Lakers should've also retained Rondo as they don't have a backup playmaker but he did get a significant pay increase from the Hawks so good for him.

Twolves need to tank as hard they can.
I know top 4 isn’t guaranteed but that’s the best path forward to success. Especially given they owe GS a pick.

If Minny gets Cade or Mobley (plus if their new coach is good), I think the pick to the warriors will be in the double digits next year and that won’t hurt.

KAT/Ant/Beas/Dlo + Cade/Mobley isn’t bad at all.

+ Jaden McDaniels, that's the front court of the next 5 years/future: Jaden and Towns

Due to that I'm not seeing us draft Mobley, unless he were definitively the best player available among the options. He doesn't appear like that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom