🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

My black Challenge Court tee produced a hole after two washes. Annoying to say the least. This happens with tech fleece sweatpants as well...and literally no other article of clothing I have ever owned. "Cool."

Further thoughts on this..

I know at this point it's the same complaints over and over, but it will always baffle me to no end how one of the biggest companies in the world refuses to get any retro stuff right (Jordan, 90's Nike basketball, this Agassi stuff, etc), and has proven they are doing it for some reason that is still unexplained.

I've said this before but in this instance you could give this project to a high school or college class and they could copy this stuff exactly as it was in the past - yet NIKE cannot do it, despite all the time and money in the world. We all have our theories, but the way they roll this stuff out with these ad campaigns - making it seem so important to them and such a timeless thing and "we went back to our archives" and slick promotion... and you are seriously giving almost no effort to the actual design and materials in relation to making a copy of what it once was? You are going to act like it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a 1:1 copy?

NT members on here have shown you can basically do it from home.
Nike is a joke. I totally agree. They always botch things up.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-17 um 18.53.22.png

these surely are no shorts.
just ordered them this morning, saw this pic, gonna return 'em all the day they arrive.

last hope are the t-shirts and jackets.
99,9% sure they will mess up the jackets though...

the last days/weeks were pretty exciting though, thank you nike, but thanks too for proving you can't do nothing right.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-17 um 18.53.22.png

these surely are no shorts.
just ordered them this morning, saw this pic, gonna return 'em all the day they arrive.

last hope are the t-shirts and jackets.
99,9% sure they will mess up the jackets though...

the last days/weeks were pretty exciting though, thank you nike, but thanks too for proving you can't do nothing right.

Whats wrong with the shorts?

Yup. Worst is the shape of the 90s sneakers. It makes no sense that they can’t get the mold right. Or rather, refuse to do it. Toe box almost always looks clunky and trash.

So what’s everyone seeing on early access on Nike US? I only see the spandex shorts and flaming ball shorts and then some women’s stuff.

they are like 3/4 pants... probably it's just me (and everyone i know) but "shorts" that go beyond the knee are the worst style crime in the world plus "shorts" that long surely weren't around before 1992

I would guess that model is wearing a size too big, they don't look that long on the Nike images...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-184742.png
    Screenshot_20200817-184742.png
    553.3 KB · Views: 218
they are like 3/4 pants... probably it's just me (and everyone i know) but "shorts" that go beyond the knee are the worst style crime in the world plus "shorts" that long surely weren't around before 1992

I have ZERO issue with the shorts. Can't wear the 7" inseam ones, and won't buy anything that short. I actually sized up to an XL just to have extra room and a tad bit of length. Don't care if they are below my knees. His shorts from 96-98 were long and no one cared then. The "nut-huggers" from years gone by are not the in thing. Just like this whole "skinny jeans" fad! Nope! I want pants that are comfy and not feeling like I'm in a blood pressure cuff.

So what’s everyone seeing on early access on Nike US? I only see the spandex shorts and flaming ball shorts and then some women’s stuff.

Same. Only one color of the $70 shorts. Just need a Volt pair and those are done. Want the polos to go up and the t shirts.

I have ZERO issue with the shorts. Can't wear the 7" inseam ones, and won't buy anything that short. I actually sized up to an XL just to have extra room and a tad bit of length. Don't care if they are below my knees. His shorts from 96-98 were long and no one cared then. The "nut-huggers" from years gone by are not the in thing. Just like this whole "skinny jeans" fad! Nope! I want pants that are comfy and not feeling like I'm in a blood pressure cuff.
I would say the same thing with the Capri pants from Nadal 15 years ago. I’m not the youngest one here (25, almost 26) but I sure wouldn’t wear anything that’s shorter than 7” inseam. Obviously skinny jeans I can do, but it can’t be super tight. They now make jeans that are flexible in the material but some of them feel like you are wearing thick legging. Lol

No mention of hats. No mention of tees. No mention of bandanas. My guess is Covid has had a dampening affect on this release.

I would say the same thing with the Capri pants from Nadal 15 years ago. I’m not the youngest one here (25, almost 26) but I sure wouldn’t wear anything that’s shorter than 7” inseam. Obviously skinny jeans I can do, but it can’t be super tight. They now make jeans that are flexible in the material but some of them feel like you are wearing thick legging. Lol

Yeah, Nadal's super long shorts were a little weird. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were long but still kinda snug? Not baggy like Agassi's shorts in the past? I'm almost 44 (September) and I am NOT into anything skinny, slim, snug, or fitted! I don't want baggy for my clothes but I want room. Having Crohn's, I can't have snug clothes on my waist constantly. Makes my day rather uncomfortable.

Picking up some of the stuff i ordered over weekend from fedex, needed to pull out my favorites. Wished i doubled up when i had the chance

40CADB99-1481-4C75-B11C-3130E35C043B.jpeg
You and me both buddy. I should have grabbed 2 pairs from SJS in Italy back in the day! I love my pair though. One of my most cherished sneakers!!

No mention of hats. No mention of tees. No mention of bandanas. My guess is Covid has had a dampening affect on this release.

Seriously bugging me. I'd love it all to come online today or tomorrow. I can then add everything I want, add my code and checkout and be DONE!!

Seriously bugging me. I'd love it all to come online today or tomorrow. I can then add everything I want, add my code and checkout and be DONE!!

There seems to be shipping delays and a lot of local stores seemed to turn down the orders because they were worried that they would receive them after the US Open after Summer was over. I think they were also worried that this stuff wouldn't get it's proper notice since it's being played without fans.

for the record: actual shorts don't need to be ultra tight. the vintage shorts 1989-1993 were actually wider than any modern shorts.

good for anyone who likes their shorts kneelength but 1) they ain't shorts and 2) they have nothing to do with the og's

Hoping they put some of the shirts up in the next day or so. Glad it’s member only for a little while. Gives me a fighting chance to pick up another shirt or 2.

Back
Top Bottom