🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Precisely why I stopped replying to dude. Like talking to brick wall. ***** just ignores what you said and keep talking lol

Oh that's why? Thought it was because you couldn't refute anything.

As a Drake fan, I can't give him a pass for the wave bitting. Some of ya'll will defend everything he does, but nah lol

The UK accent on No Long Talk :smh: the fake Jamaican accents....please stop. It's corny. It annoys me even more as half a Jamaican/Guyanese guy.
You realize that Jamaican culture has influenced much of Canada and the UK and even much of US (Even though people don't give the proper credit). Why would it annoy ? If anything it should make you proud. Some of y'all are silly and sound like awkward cats in real life.

Reminds me of the people that holler 'culture vulture', people emulate things that they admire, why try to condemn them for that?

Lose You is some top notch ****, I appreciate that song.

Other than that Free Smoke, Portland, Gaylchester, Do Not Disturb are the only jams I really like. Glow might grow on me, idk.

This joint is really not all that good imo. I know the hardcore Drake fans will love it but he needs to take that break and come up with something new/fresh because this sounds he has now is getting a little stale.

Soooo, what's the NT general consensus on this? My friends are telling me it's trash, or mediocre at best. The girls I know love it tho, as to be expected.

Portland
Gyalchester
Free Smoke
No Long Talk
Sacrifices
KMT
Cant Have Everything
:pimp:

Lose You is cool too, sounds like one of those "victory lap" or whatever tracks. Much better than Views thankfully but behind pretty much everything else, which ain't bad really since he has a more than solid catalog overall. All the UK/grime features nearly ruined songs as well as Young Thug. Maybe OVO radio can release a version without any of them. I'd actually buy that version.

Last edited:
Soooo, what's the NT general consensus on this? My friends are telling me it's trash, or mediocre at best. The girls I know love it tho, as to be expected.
Your friends aren't your friends or else they wouldn't be stopping you from listening to this greatness.

Last edited:
Passionfruit been my **** all day.

Portland
Gyalchester
Free Smoke
No Long Talk
Sacrifices
KMT
Cant Have Everything
pimp.gif

Lose You is cool too, sounds like one of those "victory lap" or whatever tracks. Much better than Views thankfully but behind pretty much everything else, which ain't bad really since he has a more than solid catalog overall. All the UK/grime features nearly ruined songs as well as Young Thug. Maybe OVO radio can release a version without any of them. I'd actually buy that version.
Peep stop hating Young Thug man 
mean.gif

He gonna be an Icon in 2 years

I C O N 
smokin.gif

Your friends aren't your friends or else they wouldn't be stopping you from listening to this greatness.
Lmaooo, based off what I've heard so far, I'm inclined to agree with them. Do Not Disturb is the only song I'm really feeling like that so far (I'm jumping throughout the album)

It's early but for me it's More Life or Take Care for my favorite Drake album.
I remember you not liking Views initially because you felt like it was too on the surface. Typical Drake, and he wasn't digging deeper. 

How is this different though? 

Lmaooo, based off what I've heard so far, I'm inclined to agree with them. Do Not Disturb is the only song I'm really feeling like that so far (I'm jumping throughout the album)
You're an Arsenal fan. You're just in a dark space right now. Check back a little later.

Portland

Gyalchester

Free Smoke

No Long Talk

Sacrifices

KMT

Cant Have Everything
:pimp:

Peep stop hating Young Thug man :smh:

He gonna be an Icon in 2 years

I C O N :smokin

Be an icon in 2 years? Didn't y'all say this 3 years ago? Sounds like he's 2 years away from being 6 years away. May as well wear purple and yellow.

I remember you not liking Views initially because you felt like it was too on the surface. Typical Drake, and he wasn't digging deeper. 

How is this different though? 

Sonically this feels more inventive, the rapping feels way more inspired.

Views other than the pop tracks felt cold, uninspired and the rapping felt forced and way too navel gazing even for drake.

Very few rap tracks fom views I replay.

On more life I feel like he was able to bring some of the fun inspiration I felt from the pop songs back into the rapping.

"Get It Together" got me like

Probably my favorite (non rapping) song on the album. Followed by

"Teenage Fever"

This has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. I'm not disputing any of the Jamaican influence in Toronto, unless they just started coming in there last year. I was asking why Drake just adopted what he did when he did.

Everybody getting in on the fun:

As for the bolded, exfoliate ya face.

i think it's pretty obvious.

Before Drake blew, rappers in Toronto felt like you had to have sound American to get noticed.

TBH a lot of Canadians looked down on artists with there legit Canadian accents, becuase of canadian content rules on radio, it was like "oh you only on the radio cause they have to play you." :smh:

you can tell in all Drakes early stuff he's rocking this vague unspecific region fake American accent. and over time he's actually sounds like a Toronto dude again. :lol:

Overtime he's made Americans more comfortable with jamican/toronto vibes and now he's a big enough artist to go full bore with it. but the carribean vibes been in there from jump look at the Find Your Love video,.

i think it's pretty obvious.

Before Drake blew, rappers in Toronto felt like you had to have sound American to get noticed.

TBH a lot of Canadians looked down on artists with there legit Canadian accents, becuase of canadian content rules on radio, it was like "oh you only on the radio cause they have to play you."
mean.gif

you can tell in all Drakes early stuff he's rocking this vague unspecific region fake American accent. and over time he's actually sounds like a Toronto dude again.
laugh.gif

Overtime he's made Americans more comfortable with jamican/toronto vibes and now he's a big enough artist to go full bore with it. but the carribean vibes been in there from jump look at the Find Your Love video,.

My mans Mamba twisting himself in knots to argue a point that so inconsequential

To be honest, I don't even know what he has a problem with. That he made Once Dance and Controlla?

Last edited:
OKB coming through with the maple syrup influenced knowledge.

I think Drake sounds hilarious sometimes when he speaks patois but that is truly Toronto's culture, everybody from there sounds like that.

Where were y'all when Drake was performing and staying in Jamaica in 2010 before Take Care?

Drake definitely has mastered wave riding but that's not the case here.

You wanna talk about him sampling flows? That's another thing.

Last edited:
LMFAOOOOO, go 'head bruh, you funny as ****. What's your favorite songs then?
To be fair it's hard for me to make that decision right now, but so far I'm feeling KMT, Ice Melts, Glow, Gyalchester, Blem , Teen Fever and a few others.

OKB coming through with the maple syrup influenced knowledge.

I think Drake sounds hilarious sometimes when he speaks patois but that is truly Toronto's culture, everybody from there sounds like that.

Where were y'all when Drake was performing and staying in Jamaica in 2010 before Take Care?

Drake definitely has mastered wave riding but that's not the case here.

You wanna talk about him sampling flows? That's another thing.

He morphed into 21 Savage on one of those songs :lol:

Back
Top Bottom