🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Drake does a hell of a job at making the life of an already successful entertainer, signed to a major record label sound like the rock bottom :lol:.

I know everybody's struggle is relative.....but these bars on Free Smoke (also fire :pimp:), reek of "First World Problems" :lol:

"Used to get paid for shows and front-door money
Five, ten, twenties, hand sanitize after you count that
Me and Gibbo was about that
Eatin' Applebee's and Outback
Southwest, no first class
Hilton rooms, gotta double up
Writin' our name on a double cup
We ain't even have a tour bus
Girls wouldn't even think of recordin' me
I fall asleep in sororities
I had some different priorities
Weezy had all the authority
Women I like was ignorin' me
Now they like, "Aren't you adorable?"
I know the question rhetorical
I took the team plane from Oracle
Mama never used to cook much
Used to chef KD
Now me and Chef, KD"

On another note....those lines he had for Meek about the rollies and fake motivational **** was dope.

Drake the only ***** who could rap about getting played by J-Lo on a song that's one of the hardest of the year. :lol:

Reminds me of when he talked about going through girls phones on Lord Knows.

IYRTITL is Drake's best album

Only joint from Drake that I can consider a "classic"
Was one of his most raw, if not most raw projects. Felt organic af, it currently holds the #1 spot in his rankings in my book
At that time it was real fresh, something different from the usual Drake formula aka max OD simp anthems, extra petty raps about exes, etc.
Bruh just rapped for at least 60-70% of the album and had some witty one liners and didn't sound corny for the most part.
Production was top notch too, every song is a damn slapper, well except for Wednesday Night Interlude. PND is just ok :lol:

People don't like Drake but always check his albums out

Can't dislike something if you don't listen to it.

IYRTITL is Drake's best album

Only joint from Drake that I can consider a "classic"

feel the same too

his other albums are super average in comparison to the loose songs he makes and songs he does with others

his albums have no replay value
I think it depends on how you be feeling that day

I know simps or dudes that get their hearts broken be playing Take Care still because they can relate to some of the tracks on there

I used to have So Far Gone on replay

Other than that, his mainstream albums have gone range from great (IYRTITL), above average (NWTS and Take Care), mediocre (Thank Me Later), and trash (Views).
For now, I'm going to put More Life in between the NWTS and TML

Last edited:
Be an icon in 2 years? Didn't y'all say this 3 years ago? Sounds like he's 2 years away from being 6 years away. May as well wear purple and yellow.

The disrespect to the goat organization :smh: comparing us to thug smh

Weren't you at the Toyota Center both times witnessing the Lakers get demolished by 39 Back 2 Back? Sounds like an accurate comparison to me

I'm feeling More Life so much that I gotta say More Life >> IYRT. This might be his 3rd best release after Take Care and NWTS.

Never been to Toronto so i dunno if that all true

I go to New York not every dude run around trying to sound west Indian if their not. Lot of Puerto Ricans in NY don't see everyone jamming Daddy Yankee

I mean he's not Caribbean at all right?

Son is Jewish and black and he runs with Arabs but y'all keep giving him a pass for jacking and riding everyone else. His Caribbean wave is wack, the flows and accents are wack. Don't think we've ever seen anyone so unoriginal.

Meek Mill was NEVER a tier 1 rapper. There was maaaaad hype for his album and big first week sales, that **** dropped and faded fast. Barely went gold. If he never had any beef with Drake, he would still be where he is now. He was on the decline before the beef.

It's fun reading all these people shhhh on Views including Drake but I was called a hater for saying how awful and Pop that album was when it dropped. I also think it's an age thing. I don't think men over the age of 25 are rocking to this album or his last like that. Seems like it's a younger generation that likes this moist music. You could guess people's age by the posts over the last few days.

Last edited:
Son is Jewish and black and he runs with Arabs but y'all keep giving him a pass for jacking and riding everyone else. His Caribbean wave is wack, the flows and accents are wack. Don't think we've ever seen anyone so unoriginal.

Meek Mill was NEVER a tier 1 rapper. There was maaaaad hype for his album and big first week sales, that **** dropped and faded fast. Barely went gold. If he never had any beef with Drake, he would still be where he is now. He was on the decline before the beef.

It's fun reading all these people shhhh on Views including Drake but I was called a hater for saying how awful and Pop that album was when it dropped. I also think it's an age thing. I don't think men over the age of 25 are rocking to this album or his last like that. Seems like it's a younger generation that likes this moist music. You could guess people's age by the posts over the last few days.

So much wrong in this post...:lol:

Do you guys still play SFG? I honestly don't.. to me his newer stuff just sounds way more evolved to the point I can't listen to SFG much anymore

TML is also approaching this status for me

Last edited:

Son is delusional. Same dude who was in the thread last year making up sales numbers to prove his point.

Your sodium levels show through your posts man :lol:

Last edited:

So much wrong in this post...:lol:

Would love to hear your views. He doesn't roll with a whole click of Arabs? What grown men are listening to Views or this new ****? Meek was ALL hype and after people realized his music was all the same, his hype went quick but I'm genuinely interested to hear your points.

Son is delusional. Same dude who was in the thread last year making up sales numbers to prove his point.

Your sodium levels show through your posts man :lol:

Made up? You mean posting Billboard articles saying how streaming manipulated Views sales.

Project was what I expected from Drake. Was Passionfruit produced by Jordan Ullman? Sounds like his usual house beats. PND blessed us once again. :pimp:

I think Drake can take a little break now and find some inspiration. If he's gonna give us any more projects, he can hit us with that OVO compilation, Rick Ross YOLO Tape, and maybe a quick EP with Trey Songz for old times sake. :nerd:

I think it depends on how you be feeling that day

I know simps or dudes that get their hearts broken be playing Take Care still because they can relate to some of the tracks on there

I used to have So Far Gone on replay

Other than that, his mainstream albums have gone range from great (IYRTITL), above average (NWTS and Take Care), mediocre (Thank Me Later), and trash (Views).
For now, I'm going to put More Life in between the NWTS and TML

there are cuts on all of em don't get me wrong

I wasn't counting so far gone in it tho

that's his only classic to me and it still has mad replay value, way more than his albums

his good songs from older albums make for a cold playlists if you piece em together tho but I cant listen to any of em all the way thru as standalones

Last edited:
It's fun reading all these people shhhh on Views including Drake but I was called a hater for saying how awful and Pop that album was when it dropped.

I've noticed this as well. Dudes were going mad hard if anyone dissed "Views" around release date. But now it seems like the fan base ain't feeling it collectively. I honestly think the same thing will happen with this album when the smoke clears. We shall see.

Nonetheless, both good albums imo.

Never been to Toronto so i dunno if that all true

I go to New York not every dude run around trying to sound west Indian if their not. Lot of Puerto Ricans in NY don't see everyone jamming Daddy Yankee

I mean he's not Caribbean at all right?

CHIT CHAT TING ON IT BRUDDA. MEH SEEN

Back
Top Bottom