🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

i think it's pretty obvious.

Before Drake blew, rappers in Toronto felt like you had to have sound American to get noticed.

TBH a lot of Canadians looked down on artists with there legit Canadian accents, becuase of canadian content rules on radio, it was like "oh you only on the radio cause they have to play you." :smh:

you can tell in all Drakes early stuff he's rocking this vague unspecific region fake American accent. and over time he's actually sounds like a Toronto dude again. :lol:

Overtime he's made Americans more comfortable with jamican/toronto vibes and now he's a big enough artist to go full bore with it. but the carribean vibes been in there from jump look at the Find Your Love video,.

Obvious as hell :lol:. I don't even know what ***** were arguing about in here. Peeped the last few pages....it was a mess.

I think the album is cool. I won't actively look to play it in its entirety.....but if it comes on again, I'll let it rock. Really dig the 80s pop sounds, and 90s night at the Roxbury type joints on this album. It's a vibe :pimp:

***** jacked the hell outta 21 Savage's flow on that one song though. Even tried to sound like him :lol:.

I'm not mad at all at Drake infusing different GLOBAL genres in hip hop. Hip hop is global now. From a US perspective....Drake is an international artist...and his music represents that lately.

I mean that Madiba joint (FLAMES :pimp:) is clearly an Afro-beat, South African type song. I don't consider that wave riding....I consider that opening up our ears to different sounds. I'm not a fan of U.K. Rapping....but I get why he's doing it. I see the play.

The accent thing is funny to me though. Like dude really did turn up the Canada x 100 :lol:. I can't take any more "ya knows". **** is cringy. Canada ***** be on a different type of time. Man dem man dem :rofl:

Never been to Toronto so i dunno if that all true

I go to New York not every dude run around trying to sound west Indian if their not. Lot of Puerto Ricans in NY don't see everyone jamming Daddy Yankee

I mean he's not Caribbean at all right?

I go to New York not every dude run around trying to sound west Indian if their not. Lot of Puerto Ricans in NY don't see everyone jamming Daddy Yankee

They have arab cats in Canada and the UK talmbout Wa Gwan. It's transcended that local culture and merged with the natural order.

After running this joint back Like 2-3 more times this is definitely the one. Great album. Has them tracks that you can just feel.

via twitter lol

Me when I heard Wayne's light flicker at the beginning of 4422 & then he didn't rap

FqaW49T.gif

I knew this had the potential to be his best work (to me) because off first listen I honestly didn't think anything was weak (to me)

It's the same exact feeling I had off first listen of If You're Reading This

Once again, it goes back to this not being an official "album". I already knew he would have even more freedom to do whatever he wanted without worrying about the usual with doing a retail album

Feels like a complete snapshot of exactly where he's at in life the past 6 or however many months

Do not disturb is better than all of IYRT alone. Y'all overrate the hell outta that tape :lol: he had a couple joints on there but no way that's better than NWTS and take care or even this playlist

Last edited:

it's just the way it is here man.

I didn't grow up here, but when I go play pick up ball, asians, persians, indians, all might shout "headtop" if they hit a jumper in your eye. :lol:

Drake also said walahi

same deal, a lot of Somali cats in toronto, walahi seeped into the local slang and lot's of people say it now. :lol:

Do not disturb is better than all of IYRT alone. Y'all overrate the hell outta that tape
laugh.gif
he had a couple joints on there but no way that's better than NWTS and take care or even this playlist
It's all opinion 
laugh.gif

To me it had much more than "a couple joints"

1-5 alone is one his craziest openings to any project

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom