🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Working on another album already means TML was a failure.

I take it you're NOT a 2Pac or Jay Z fan...

Spoiler [+]
My 15 minutes started an hour ago...

I take it you're NOT a 2Pac or Jay Z fan...

Spoiler [+]
My 15 minutes started an hour ago...

"up all night" is
pimp.gif

mainly the hook ,drake kills it and i always end up singing it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I mean look at Trey...he had his biggest year and already has his next album completed.

Wait. The biggest year for Trey? With what? "Say Ahh?"
laugh.gif

Drake also tweeted that listening to Trey Songz' new album felt like '07 again. In what world do we live in that people are reminiscing about 2007?
laugh.gif
Was 2007 a monumental year in music? I can't even recall what came out in 2007. Trey's last album came and went. It's already been forgotten. You can assume that these two are working on new projects already because over-saturating the market with music is "a good thing" or maybe their last two projects were just...wack.

Ready wasn't wack, though.
grin.gif

He wont ever make an album as great as I Gotta Make It (
smokin.gif
), but it was a heavy improvement over Trey Day (in all aspects).

I agree with you about Aubrey, though. With all those features and executive producers, all that money spent on promo...all that "hype"... he should be plat by now, im sorry but he really should be.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I mean look at Trey...he had his biggest year and already has his next album completed.

Wait. The biggest year for Trey? With what? "Say Ahh?"
laugh.gif

Drake also tweeted that listening to Trey Songz' new album felt like '07 again. In what world do we live in that people are reminiscing about 2007?
laugh.gif
Was 2007 a monumental year in music? I can't even recall what came out in 2007. Trey's last album came and went. It's already been forgotten. You can assume that these two are working on new projects already because over-saturating the market with music is "a good thing" or maybe their last two projects were just...wack.

Ready wasn't wack, though.
grin.gif

He wont ever make an album as great as I Gotta Make It (
smokin.gif
), but it was a heavy improvement over Trey Day (in all aspects).

I agree with you about Aubrey, though. With all those features and executive producers, all that money spent on promo...all that "hype"... he should be plat by now, im sorry but he really should be.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

800k in 4 weeks = not failure.

Now factor in the 20 executive producers, the Kanye West, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys features.

Keep in mind that Lady Gaga is still eating off 2008's The Fame and a bunch of special edition re-releases too. If he's already working on a new project, that goes to show that you can't really milk TML any longer. He didn't do what he expected he'd do ("a million [first week] copies isn't far-fetched").
Very true.But i dont think the features with Ye, Jigga and Alicia did much to help... There werent on ANY of the singles that dropped and that "the public" heard... So ehh

But Agreed, Drake will not TOUCH Gaga on the milking factor, and i also agree that they really cant milk this album much longer

But to go and say it was a faliure, I dont agree with 800k in 4 weeks and 400-600k in the first week or so is pretty good for ANY artist these days

But did he meet the expectations that he set wen he said "a million [first week] copies isn't far-fetched" No. Did he meet his hype of being the "Fifty back in 02, So true" hype.. HELLLL NO. He was hypin himself up.. Which maybe in HIS eyes he failed on TML but  to me He did well, just not as well as some (including himself) expected him to be. Cmon we all said predictions wen it was asked in the Old Drake thread and we all pretty much predicited 400-600k (Except for the Noob that said 1500000 
roll.gif
) And he pretty much did that dead on.

Maybe, hes doin it before his hype dies down, I doubt Drake will become a like Marshall, Jigga, or Wayne ( 
eyes.gif
) that can consistently sell records no matter wat..

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

800k in 4 weeks = not failure.

Now factor in the 20 executive producers, the Kanye West, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys features.

Keep in mind that Lady Gaga is still eating off 2008's The Fame and a bunch of special edition re-releases too. If he's already working on a new project, that goes to show that you can't really milk TML any longer. He didn't do what he expected he'd do ("a million [first week] copies isn't far-fetched").
Very true.But i dont think the features with Ye, Jigga and Alicia did much to help... There werent on ANY of the singles that dropped and that "the public" heard... So ehh

But Agreed, Drake will not TOUCH Gaga on the milking factor, and i also agree that they really cant milk this album much longer

But to go and say it was a faliure, I dont agree with 800k in 4 weeks and 400-600k in the first week or so is pretty good for ANY artist these days

But did he meet the expectations that he set wen he said "a million [first week] copies isn't far-fetched" No. Did he meet his hype of being the "Fifty back in 02, So true" hype.. HELLLL NO. He was hypin himself up.. Which maybe in HIS eyes he failed on TML but  to me He did well, just not as well as some (including himself) expected him to be. Cmon we all said predictions wen it was asked in the Old Drake thread and we all pretty much predicited 400-600k (Except for the Noob that said 1500000 
roll.gif
) And he pretty much did that dead on.

Maybe, hes doin it before his hype dies down, I doubt Drake will become a like Marshall, Jigga, or Wayne ( 
eyes.gif
) that can consistently sell records no matter wat..

I thought Drake was being backed by these powerful Jews??...

Now he's strappedf for cash because of all the executive producers and features...

You guys are funny...

I thought Drake was being backed by these powerful Jews??...

Now he's strappedf for cash because of all the executive producers and features...

You guys are funny...

i think it was a mistake for Drake to drop around the same time Em did.... i would of sworn that he was gonna be plat by 2 weeks of his release

i think it was a mistake for Drake to drop around the same time Em did.... i would of sworn that he was gonna be plat by 2 weeks of his release

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

yeah he should have dropped the damn album when he said he would around Valentines Day...  Dudes really didn't count Eminem in...

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

yeah he should have dropped the damn album when he said he would around Valentines Day...  Dudes really didn't count Eminem in...

Drake caused his own sales to not be un to expectations.
OVER was a HORRIBLE single .
Show Me A Good Time , honestly should have been the first one .
Hell Up All Night woulda have been good , Him and Nicki have/had the "biggest" buzz right now .

Drake caused his own sales to not be un to expectations.
OVER was a HORRIBLE single .
Show Me A Good Time , honestly should have been the first one .
Hell Up All Night woulda have been good , Him and Nicki have/had the "biggest" buzz right now .

Drizzy adoptin that Ym workaholic type attitude, that's all. He'll go platinum, so imo he's all good. It was his DEBUT album btw...

Back
Top Bottom