🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Originally Posted by zokid

According to the latest Nielsen research, only 2.1 percent of the albums released in 2009 sold even 5,000 copies -- that's just 2,050 records out of nearly 100,000. Fewer people go to small liberal-arts colleges.

To say Drake's near platinum status is a failure by any stretch and or ANY meaning of the word is an absolute absurd statement.

The hate for Drake is still strong, my friend. Given time and if he releases a mixtape and/or album where he just straight up spits, dudes will be on his !@*@...again.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Minaj will not do numbers.....that is all

This is really up in the air...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ that video though

Westwood's impersonation was CRACK.

Originally Posted by zokid

According to the latest Nielsen research, only 2.1 percent of the albums released in 2009 sold even 5,000 copies -- that's just 2,050 records out of nearly 100,000. Fewer people go to small liberal-arts colleges.

To say Drake's near platinum status is a failure by any stretch and or ANY meaning of the word is an absolute absurd statement.

The hate for Drake is still strong, my friend. Given time and if he releases a mixtape and/or album where he just straight up spits, dudes will be on his !@*@...again.

You cant name someone who would sell 800K in a month but kanye and eminem but thats not the point either

i'll explain this way... if kobe avg. 30 points a game and gets 25... its not a failure but its not his standard either

Drake sold 460,000 or so his first week when his standard or estimate was 1 million or 900K, no its not a complete failure, like i said but its not great because it isnt what he or the rest of the world expected...

No one ever said the album wasnt good... but the sales are NO where near what people thought or wanted for this to be the success
What your doing is comparing a great sales number to a person who normally wouldnt do 460K albums ala if this was BigBoi's total after one week...

All the big names that had the hype that drake did lived up to the big sales one week after... Drake is taking a while... NOT A FAILURE BUT FAR FROM HONOR ROLL like everyone predicted. i sand by my statement

You cant name someone who would sell 800K in a month but kanye and eminem but thats not the point either

i'll explain this way... if kobe avg. 30 points a game and gets 25... its not a failure but its not his standard either

Drake sold 460,000 or so his first week when his standard or estimate was 1 million or 900K, no its not a complete failure, like i said but its not great because it isnt what he or the rest of the world expected...

No one ever said the album wasnt good... but the sales are NO where near what people thought or wanted for this to be the success
What your doing is comparing a great sales number to a person who normally wouldnt do 460K albums ala if this was BigBoi's total after one week...

All the big names that had the hype that drake did lived up to the big sales one week after... Drake is taking a while... NOT A FAILURE BUT FAR FROM HONOR ROLL like everyone predicted. i sand by my statement

Yall tripping over 800K the first month?

N's is acting like it's not son's DEBUT album.

Comparing him to N's who been in the game for years and have multiple albums in their catalog

No matter how much "hype" he has, there are still many people who do not know what a Drake is.

He also has yet to come into his own as an artist and is still tweaking his style.

Let that boy cook.

Yall tripping over 800K the first month?

N's is acting like it's not son's DEBUT album.

Comparing him to N's who been in the game for years and have multiple albums in their catalog

No matter how much "hype" he has, there are still many people who do not know what a Drake is.

He also has yet to come into his own as an artist and is still tweaking his style.

Let that boy cook.

I was SO,SO,SO OFF on Drizzy's first week numbers with "Thank Me Later".

But quote me on this iHust1e...

Nicki Minaj will debut with 400,000 - 500,000 first week.

But.. Then again "Massive Attack" wasn't recieved too well
grin.gif

Make that.... hmm... 300,000 - 400,000.

Remeber, every @***+@+ & hipster chick in yall neighborhood worships her like pagan gods/goddess'...

I was SO,SO,SO OFF on Drizzy's first week numbers with "Thank Me Later".

But quote me on this iHust1e...

Nicki Minaj will debut with 400,000 - 500,000 first week.

But.. Then again "Massive Attack" wasn't recieved too well
grin.gif

Make that.... hmm... 300,000 - 400,000.

Remeber, every @***+@+ & hipster chick in yall neighborhood worships her like pagan gods/goddess'...

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I mean look at Trey...he had his biggest year and already has his next album completed.

Wait. The biggest year for Trey? With what? "Say Ahh?"
laugh.gif

Drake also tweeted that listening to Trey Songz' new album felt like '07 again. In what world do we live in that people are reminiscing about 2007?
laugh.gif
Was 2007 a monumental year in music? I can't even recall what came out in 2007. Trey's last album came and went. It's already been forgotten. You can assume that these two are working on new projects already because over-saturating the market with music is "a good thing" or maybe their last two projects were just...wack.
You might want to hop on a new gimmick. Being the Drake dissenter is "in" now, so you're no longer the lone maverick that you want to be.

Plus, with your boyfriend Dream's first week sales I would have thought you'd be camping out at a nearby Best Buy to show your admiration for him.

I mean look at Trey...he had his biggest year and already has his next album completed.

laugh.gif

Drake also tweeted that listening to Trey Songz' new album felt like '07 again. In what world do we live in that people are reminiscing about 2007?
laugh.gif
Was 2007 a monumental year in music? I can't even recall what came out in 2007. Trey's last album came and went. It's already been forgotten. You can assume that these two are working on new projects already because over-saturating the market with music is "a good thing" or maybe their last two projects were just...wack.
You might want to hop on a new gimmick. Being the Drake dissenter is "in" now, so you're no longer the lone maverick that you want to be.

Plus, with your boyfriend Dream's first week sales I would have thought you'd be camping out at a nearby Best Buy to show your admiration for him.

Also i re-listened to Comeback Season , Room For improvement , So Far Gone, and Thank Me Later all day today

and i can 100% say that it goes like this:

SFG>CS>TML>RFI

Also i re-listened to Comeback Season , Room For improvement , So Far Gone, and Thank Me Later all day today

and i can 100% say that it goes like this:

SFG>CS>TML>RFI

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

seriously though...I wasn't even going to respond to that but hes acting like his boy The-Dream didn't already hint to his next album this fall in the middle of one of the songs.

And discounting Trey's success like that didn't even warrant a full response cause he truly believes that. Look how quickly ANYTHING and EVERYTHING comes and goes these days. Did you even forget Jay-Z had one of his BEST albums ever to come out last year??? This is supposed to be the most commercially successful dude in rap! You know better than to point that obvious fact that for one artist and capitalize on it to make a point. The only people in pop music with songs that STAY on the top are the Black Eyed Peas and Gaga.

Trey had Say Aah, Invented Sex, Your Side of the Bed, Neighbors Know my name, Panty Dropper, Successful, AND LOL (smiley face)...all MAJOR hits. I bet if you play any of those the place goes stupid. I know he has an extra ear to the streets but sometimes hes just wrong.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

seriously though...I wasn't even going to respond to that but hes acting like his boy The-Dream didn't already hint to his next album this fall in the middle of one of the songs.

And discounting Trey's success like that didn't even warrant a full response cause he truly believes that. Look how quickly ANYTHING and EVERYTHING comes and goes these days. Did you even forget Jay-Z had one of his BEST albums ever to come out last year??? This is supposed to be the most commercially successful dude in rap! You know better than to point that obvious fact that for one artist and capitalize on it to make a point. The only people in pop music with songs that STAY on the top are the Black Eyed Peas and Gaga.

Trey had Say Aah, Invented Sex, Your Side of the Bed, Neighbors Know my name, Panty Dropper, Successful, AND LOL (smiley face)...all MAJOR hits. I bet if you play any of those the place goes stupid. I know he has an extra ear to the streets but sometimes hes just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom