🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Drizzy adoptin that Ym workaholic type attitude, that's all. He'll go platinum, so imo he's all good. It was his DEBUT album btw...

I maybe late but I read that he wanted 3000 to be on Fancy. That would've been terrible imo.
sick.gif

yeah he should have dropped the damn album when he said he would around Valentines Day... 
I agree with this but for people to say his album is a failure thats crazy. No way is it a failure, by normal or his standards. Its only been a month lets relax fellas.

yeah he should have dropped the damn album when he said he would around Valentines Day... 
I agree with this but for people to say his album is a failure thats crazy. No way is it a failure, by normal or his standards. Its only been a month lets relax fellas.

i wouldnt say failure but it isnt honor roll either

good album, but for him he needed to sell more and have longer staying power... Over is a catchy song, but just wasnt the single everyone expected

good album, but for him he needed to sell more and have longer staying power... Over is a catchy song, but just wasnt the single everyone expected

Obviously its not a failure of an album, 800k is still a lot of money made, a lot of money sold. But a 600 page for a new artist without an album says a lot for what kind of numbers he SHOULD of done...thats all im sayin. Shoulda been more, but its still a successful debut album especially in this economy.

Obviously its not a failure of an album, 800k is still a lot of money made, a lot of money sold. But a 600 page for a new artist without an album says a lot for what kind of numbers he SHOULD of done...thats all im sayin. Shoulda been more, but its still a successful debut album especially in this economy.

Originally Posted by flossb15

Ok people. This is ******ed.

Name another artist besides Eminem and possibly Kanye that will sell 800k this year. I'll wait.

Name another artist besides Eminem and possibly Kanye that will sell 800k this year. I'll wait.

The album is #2...  If not even goin to #3 in your first month of release doesn't say "staying power" I don't know what does...

But a 600 page for a new artist without an album says a lot for what kind of numbers he SHOULD of done...
Yea, I'm sure label execs look to NT for sales expectations...

I take it you didn't watch that ******ed special that MTV kept playin about this album...

He BARLEY made his deadline, so how could he have possibly dropped the album 4 months before then??

Think about it...

The album is #2...  If not even goin to #3 in your first month of release doesn't say "staying power" I don't know what does...

But a 600 page for a new artist without an album says a lot for what kind of numbers he SHOULD of done...
Yea, I'm sure label execs look to NT for sales expectations...

I take it you didn't watch that ******ed special that MTV kept playin about this album...

He BARLEY made his deadline, so how could he have possibly dropped the album 4 months before then??

Think about it...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

IF Carter IV drops , Wayne .
Nicki Minaj .

Wayne may already  be around 700/800 with Rebirth .

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

IF Carter IV drops , Wayne .
Nicki Minaj .

Wayne may already  be around 700/800 with Rebirth .

According to the latest Nielsen research, only 2.1 percent of the albums released in 2009 sold even 5,000 copies -- that's just 2,050 records out of nearly 100,000. Fewer people go to small liberal-arts colleges.

To say Drake's near platinum status is a failure by any stretch and or ANY meaning of the word is an absolute absurd statement.

According to the latest Nielsen research, only 2.1 percent of the albums released in 2009 sold even 5,000 copies -- that's just 2,050 records out of nearly 100,000. Fewer people go to small liberal-arts colleges.

To say Drake's near platinum status is a failure by any stretch and or ANY meaning of the word is an absolute absurd statement.

Back
Top Bottom