🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

The more I listen to "From Time" and "Too Much" the more I realize this guys talent it never surprises me with his beat selection as well even Tuscan leather tough!

I think this album really has the "So Far Gone" feel to it , in a good way. I really wasn't a huge fan of "Take Care"- it's solid but most of the album lacks in replay value.
This is an album where on my first skim-through, I didn't like it too much, but once I listened to more tracks I started liking it more and more.

Been listening to "Look What You've Done" a lot lately, I swear that's Drakes best song.

Look What you done chopped and screwed is amazing.

maaaaaan that beat change on Furthest thing is amazing. I just dont understand how people say this album isnt good, what ever.

I think this album really has the "So Far Gone" feel to it , in a good way. I really wasn't a huge fan of "Take Care"- it's solid but most of the album lacks in replay value.
This is an album where on my first skim-through, I didn't like it too much, but once I listened to more tracks I started liking it more and more.

IMO Take Care sounds MUCCHHHHHH closer to SFG than NWTS. Much more similar.

NWTS is dope, I like it. After sitting with it, I can honestly say I mess with about 7 records on it. Everything else is whatever. (Tuscan 3rd verse, Come Thru, Connect, Language, Furthest Thing, HOWGH,)

I can already see it now though. Drake's next album will be 100% r&b. He keeps hinting at it. Seems like he's been wanting to deliver a project with full singing for the longest, and he's finally in a position in his career where he thinks he can do it.

Im gonna give it a few days to simmer before I pass judgement on it. So far I'm liking it a lot more than Take Care

IMO Take Care sounds MUCCHHHHHH closer to SFG than NWTS. Much more similar.

NWTS is dope, I like it. After sitting with it, I can honestly say I mess with about 7 records on it. Everything else is whatever. (Tuscan 3rd verse, Come Thru, Connect, Language, Furthest Thing, HOWGH,)

I can already see it now though. Drake's next album will be 100% r&b. He keeps hinting at it. Seems like he's been wanting to deliver a project with full singing for the longest, and he's finally in a position in his career where he thinks he can do it.
I dont think that would be in his best interest. I think he and many people are underestimating the portion of his fanbase that likes him as a rapper. Its what put him on the scene, and while I dont doubt he could make a great all singing album, it wouldnt go over as well(not like he would care). I would be inclined to say the same thing about an all rap Drake album also, the mixture is the best thing for him in terms of his music and putting out what I would consider quality. It is the best of both worlds.

I dont listen to any other genre besides rap, the only hint of "R&B" I'm exposed to consistently is Drake, and I appreciate it. Its never overwhelming, but rather complimentary to his rapping and vice versa.

I would still listen to an all R&B Drake project though, he doesnt make bad music to me.

Alright, even thought you guys all swear this is the best album of 2013... :rofl: :rofl:

Can we at least admit how horrible the album cover is? It just looks so damn stupid to me. :nerd:

Alright, even thought you guys all swear this is the best album of 2013... :rofl: :rofl:

Can we at least admit how horrible the album cover is? It just looks so damn stupid to me. :nerd:

I like the cover though?

why y'all be so damn forceful w/ y'all opinions?

:lol:

it's cool of you don't like it, but i'm not finna admit to some **** i don't feel.

Alright, even thought you guys all swear this is the best album of 2013...
roll.gif
roll.gif

Can we at least admit how horrible the album cover is? It just looks so damn stupid to me.
nerd.gif
Are you really going to call this cover bad when in 2013 those two J.Cole covers, The Yeezus cover, that Wale cover, and the two Hall of Fame covers came out? I've said this before but this year has had the worst string of album art I have ever seen, this album art was dope. Both of them, good thing the internet exists and someone out there had the presence of mind to merge them together. It should have been that way initally IMO.

Yes, the album cover is atrocious. To be fair, most rap albums this year had horrible covers though.

Also, where's the gentlemen saying Drake hasn't had a bad verse all year or some foolishness. This album is FULL of terrible verses "I'm the only one putting shots up and like a potluck you need to come with it" and then his verse on JT's album was worthless.

Noah Shebib >>> Drake

Don't think I would download another Drake project if 40 wasn't behind it.

u must really like profile shots of men.  
Yeah that must be it, guess we should apply this to every album cover with the artists' face on it :stoneface:

Yes, the album cover is atrocious. To be fair, most rap albums this year had horrible covers though.

Also, where's the gentlemen saying Drake hasn't had a bad verse all year or some foolishness. This album is FULL of terrible verses "I'm the only one putting shots up and like a potluck you need to come with it" and then his verse on JT's album was worthless.

Noah Shebib >>> Drake

Don't think I would download another Drake project if 40 wasn't behind it.
Agree to disagree. My opinons about this album are basically set in stone, not much thats subejct to change at this point. Only what songs are the best and how does this stack up against Take care. I'm also not here to try and change anyone elses opinions of it

Last edited:
Damn 15.99 for the deluxe and 9.99 for baby drizzy...

Havent purchased an actual album in stores in a very long time..

This might be it...

roll.gif
This should have been the video for "Worst Behavior or something else.

At least he kept the vibe of it being in Miami. I really think this video does 

not fit the song at all. 

Last edited:
What did I just watch oh my goodness :lol: :lol: :lol:. This is the love child of GTA and that song with R Kelly and Ronald Isley

I dont really care for music videos, I watch them like twice and move on but this was cool, at least its not club bottle popping generic nonsense like most videos.

Guns in a Drake video we all know what will come of this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom