0321-HOUSTON_ROCKETS_VS_GOLDEN_STATE_WARRIORS-10:30EST

Went to the game tonight, very tough loss. We needed to make free throws! Only thing good that happened was free big macs
laugh.gif
and met Pietrus after the game. Oh yea, John Legend was dope during halftime.

I guess we'll see.

These upcoming games with the Lakers will give you guys a better gauge on what might to expect if both teams were to face off in the playoffs.

I think Gasol comes back next week. Bynum too.

I'd also add Bynum and Gasol into the list of bigs we don't want to see in the playoffs (if we get there). We already know how Bynum played against usearlier in the season and we didn't fair well. I still don't know if we want to play San Antonio in the playoffs (if we get there). San Antonio wins 11in a row and then they turn around and lose 5 out of 6. I don't have a gauge on how we'll fair against them. But considering history, and I believe weare 2-0 vs San Antonio this season, they'll still own us because they can control the tempo.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I guess we'll see.

These upcoming games with the Lakers will give you guys a better gauge on what might to expect if both teams were to face off in the playoffs.

I think Gasol comes back next week. Bynum too.

Bynum isn't coming back next week
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I thought I read a report that he was going to come back in the regular season. Earlier than expected or something.

There's only like 13 games left!

laugh.gif

We won't need him anyway. We could start Vujacic/Turiaf/Mbenga/Karl/Walton and still whoop the Warriors.

Landry had a good game; maybe I was too busy being a homer (when I'm watching a game all logic is thrown out the window and I just wanna win), but Ididn't think he was that impressive at all. He didn't "have his way".

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif
We won't need him anyway. We could start Vujacic/Turiaf/Mbenga/Karl/Walton and still whoop the Warriors.

Landry had a good game; maybe I was too busy being a homer (when I'm watching a game all logic is thrown out the window and I just wanna win), but I didn't think he was that impressive at all. He didn't "have his way".

Landry was impressive.

It was his first game back in seven games, and he didn't 'have his way' in the traditional sense. But he was basically in the paint all game. TheWarriors couldn't stop him from getting position in the paint. He played 18 mins and put up 17 & 8. He came off free off the pick and roll everytime,or he got so close to the hoop that the Warriors had to foul him. He was the only Rocket scoring in the paint.

The point I was trying to make was that Carl Landry altered the game in the Rockets favor on the offensive end.

Who is Carl Landry really?

I know it's only one game, but if Landry can do this against the Warriors frontline, think of what the real elite bigs in the West would do. Could do. Ina seven game series. Maybe it's just Andres having an off game, but I really do think the best way the Warriors have a shot at advancing to round two (ifthey do make the playoffs) is to face off against the Rockets.

CP3 will run the pick and roll to perfection with Chandler. Better than what McGrady and Landry did tonight.

A twin tower duo in Bynum + Gasol might be too much for the W's to contend with.

And the thing with SA is that the Spurs they're good at controlling tempo, and the Warriors just have a tough time winning in SA overall.

A Houston/Warriors matchup is the best matchup IMO for the Warriors.
nerd.gif

...probably for the Rockets, too.
tired.gif

About damn time T-Mac.

Good win.

Warriors are a dangerous squad. Sure, they may be small. But they have NO liabilitites on the offensive end.

e05e25557def80931e996e10023a06f3-getty-76076160rw026_warriors_rockets.jpg

752d4a41f7cc360c91e9d64f49b88b74-getty-76076160rw019_warriors_rockets.jpg

d05b66f37fdae6183a441daa37363cea-getty-76076160rw018_warriors_rockets.jpg

b665387df6c0dd3fc0cf7738f51c03aa-getty-76076160rw027_warriors_rockets.jpg

c4dccd338921484ed1b09448849265c1-getty-76076160rw028_warriors_rockets.jpg

46d28dd585cf86b254104a3e5242d789-getty-76076160rw024_warriors_rockets.jpg

998036356e65b56ac34c9cb96e418613-getty-76076160rw023_warriors_rockets.jpg

a299670745ef58fba73a1d339dc35c4f-getty-76076160rw022_warriors_rockets.jpg

97c8619ba2531c9be5a442a3dce3d4bf-getty-76076160rw021_warriors_rockets.jpg

0af58793fcfc874eeaa46138518d6158-getty-76076160rw013_warriors_rockets.jpg

d1e4da98cf3f52958242e36770b02c3a-getty-76076160rw017_warriors_rockets.jpg

481cf603750bf532a48fc35f03a54e5e-getty-76076160rw005_warriors_rockets.jpg

next two vs. lakers will be tough

for those attending, dont boo derek (ya know kobe will light us up), lol

Rockets were tired from the 22 games and showed they got some energy back and ran with the small team. And since old boy talkin bout alston travelled. That onefoul with harrington should have been a flagrant he was not goin 4 the ball went right at him and knocked him down. And landry is jus a workhorse he jus trieshard whenever he's on the floor glad he's back. And Scola tries hard the whole game 2.

if Landry can do this against the Warriors frontline, think of what the real elite bigs in the West would do. Could do.
Do you honestly think this is a novel idea?

Everyone has been saying the Warriors' lack of size will/has hurt them. Regardless we'll murk the Rockets in the playoffs this year and we would havemurked the Rockets in the playoffs last year ... Oh wait, the softie can't get them out of the first round.

We would beat the warriors in 5 games in a series this year or last and if we had yao it would be a sweep. And we would 4 sure get out the first round if weplayed them.

Do you honestly think this is a novel idea?

Everyone has been saying the Warriors' lack of size will/has hurt them. Regardless we'll murk the Rockets in the playoffs this year and we would have murked the Rockets in the playoffs last year ... Oh wait, the softie can't get them out of the first round.
You're dillusional if you think the Warriors can contend with the West's elite bigs.
laugh.gif

I will bet $, my NT sn, anything that the Warriors will not advance out to the 2nd round against San Antonio, New Orleans, or the Lakers.

The reason being is, every one of those teams have bigs that will dominate the Warriors frontline.

And if push came to shove, and it's a Rockets/Warriors matchup, I'll bet that too. Minus Yao and all.

All I know is, this new look Rockets team minus Yao, got the W on your homecourt. I'll take it.

You can go ahead and blame it on the refs if you want.
laugh.gif

And let's be real.

The Warriors got a dream matchup last season against the Mavs, who they dominated in the regular season leading up to the playoffs. Former coach on your sideand all.

It still was a great upset, but it wasn't really that big an upset if you looked at it as a whole.

We'll see how GSW fares against a team with a power front line, as opposed to a finese front line in Dirk and J-Ho last year.

I honestly think Gasol, Bynum, Duncan, Chander and West will be too much.

But, we'll find out soon enough.

If these dudes Harrington and Biedrins get into foul trouble against some of the West's elite bigs, good luck having to rely on a Matt Barnes, a rookieB-Wright, or a can barely walk C-Webb to sub in.

some of you warriors fans over exaggerate. rockets beat you on your homecourt w/ alston and head missing layups, scola fumbling the ball all game, and landryjust coming back from an injury. while you guys had everyone healthy except for c-webb. and 715 asterick, franchise3 was saying that the west bigs would pickapart your frontline. look at what landry did, hes a rookie, just came back from injury, and is only 6 foot 9.

It's just, I'm looking at it as a whole.

Last year in the playoffs, Boozer and Deron killed the Warriors with the pick and roll.

Fact: CP3 and Chandler run the pick and roll better than Deron and Boozer. CP3 alley oops it to Chandler all day, against any team in the league. Andthat's not even bringing up the topic that is David West.

Fact: Bynum was already a load to handle the last time out, and now the Lakers have added Gasol. And there's still KB24 to deal with. It's like agame of pick your poison.

Fact: Tim Duncan is the best PF to ever play the game.

And that's not even taking into account the possibility of facing a Stat + Shaq or possibly Deron + Boozer again in the first round.

The West is just too overly stacked with bigs this year. I just don't get how some GSW fans, 715 in particular, isn't worried.

I'm a Rockets fan and even I know it looks ugly out there.

Originally Posted by JO HOUSTONE

We would beat the warriors in 5 games in a series this year or last and if we had yao it would be a sweep. And we would 4 sure get out the first round if we played them.

The nerve of this guy to say the Rockets would "beat the warriors in 5 games" and "4 sure get out of the first round" when talking aboutthe Rockets
eyes.gif
. Let's just let the chips fall where they may and see what happens. I don't get how some people would make predictions like this.You do know who the leader of your team is, right? I understand you want to play us in the playoffs because we're the best matchup for you, but c'mon,you're overly confident. I can understand confidence, but you're taking it too far.

Realistic fans FTW!

Back
Top Bottom