09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

from what I hear, Tenn is slated for Outback but theres a chance they take kentucky because of connections Kentucky has with some higher ups (which is crazy) but if UT doesnt get outback they will fall all the way to like the Liberty Bowl.

I think LSU is more likely headed to Atlanta for the Chikfila bowl
I'll go ask around
The fair way to have it was LSU in Captial One and UT in the Outback. Then let the rest sort each other out. I was hearing UGA in Chick fil A,USC in Music City, Kentucky in Indy, Arkansas in Liberty and Auburn in Papa Johns.. Now supposedly Auburn got invited to Outback out of the blue and UT ispissed cuz they wanted the New Year's Day Bowl. UGA would then get moved all the way down to Independence so honestly they would be the big loser in allof this. Auburn would be the first team with a sub .500 conference record to be in a New Year's Day bowl in history.

I'm hearing the possibility of a Texas A&M vs. Georgia matchup in the Independence Bowl...

Originally Posted by WILLINC

So are they really gonna put that bum #$# Fla st team on New Years Day ?

Just because of Bobby ?
smh.gif

would be a god damn JOKE

from what I hear, Tenn is slated for Outback but theres a chance they take kentucky because of connections Kentucky has with some higher ups (which is crazy) but if UT doesnt get outback they will fall all the way to like the Liberty Bowl.
laugh.gif
the founder of Outback Steakhouse is a UK grad. i'mreading Music City Bowl vs. UNC for the Cats.

Originally Posted by tmay407

I'm hearing the possibility of a Texas A&M vs. Georgia matchup in the Independence Bowl...
That is exactly what I'm hearing. Unfortunate I wanted it to be Chick fil A or Music City so I could go. No way in hell I'm going toShreveport
sick.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Phillip Fulmer met with Tom Jurich about the Louisville job today.

Told yall over the summer Phil was gonna get that job
laugh.gif

I figured it was Texas A&M or Louisville

Um... Interesting?
From ND Alum:

"I'm beginning to lose faith. Eddie DeBartolo (former 49ers owner), big ND donor, and fellow Youngstown native was supposedly leading the charge from ND's perspective. Agreed to terms on 8 yr/$34M deal. Stoops asked for 5 academic exemptions and permission to get around ND's Reslife (Disciplinary board) and instill his own disciplinary methods with the team. DeBartolo couldn't get the admin to bite on those demands.

The ND Rivals editors thought (from AD folks) that the afternoon denial was a negotiating ploy to get those exemptions. They seem to think that the second one may have been the death knell for negotiations."

You figure whoever goes there is gonna want academic exemptions... You'd have to imagine they'll have to cave on that end to even getBrian Kelly or anybody with skins on the wall to come there...

Originally Posted by 18key

Dunlap out indefinitely.
Florida coach Urban Meyer announced after practice Tuesday evening that Dunlap has been suspended indefinitely from the team and will not play for the No. 1 Gators against No. 2 Alabama in the SEC championship game Saturday in Atlanta's Georgia Dome.

!%! is Urbie doing with this indefinitely nonsense. we don't do that. man up and just suspend him for the 1st quarter.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

For anyone that cares, this is the rundown of what is happening to the Michigan St football team. Funny how this doesn't get a mention until 2 weeks after but Michigan and 20 hours of practice time is front and center the second it gets mentioned.

1) On October 19, 2008 a group of Michigan State football players attack several people. Running back Glenn Winston beats in hockey player A.J. Sturges' head so badly, it hospitalizes Sturges, and effectively ends his playing career. Faced with felony chages, Winston accepts a plea deal for a misdemeanor, with a 180-day jail sentence beginning in April, 2009.

2) Winston STAYS ON SCHOLARSHIP AT MSU THROUGHOUT HIS PRISON TERM. Winston earns an early release by taking part in an inmate worker program, and... get this... RETURNS TO NOT ONLY THE TEAM, BUT ALSO THE PRACTICE FIELD THAT VERY AFTERNOON. He woke up in jail, and practiced college football on the same day.

3) Upon learning this, Sturges, a fellow MSU student-athlete, issues an angry response seen here:

http://www.mlive.com/spar...player_aj_sturges_r.html

You'll notice that Sturges says how disappointed he is in the department's decision and his fear that this will lead to future occurances of the same type of attack. MSU's response is something along the lines of "we didn't learn anything new from Sturges statement." And Coach Dantonio makes sure to point out that he has to support Winston.

4) Winston DOES NOT MISS A GAME this season, until hurting his knee vs. Illinois in the sixth game, sidelining him for the year.

5) 90 minutes after a TEAM BANQUET, 10-15 members of the football team, including Winston, kid attack a group of students in a DORM in a coordinated action... apparently in retaliation for a fight the night before. Some players were wearing ski masks. The student they are looking for isn't there so random assault commences, and both male and female students are battered. Some are hospitalized. Recap here:

http://www.statenews.com/..._rather_hall_altercation

6) MSU immediately kicks Winston and defensive back Roderick Jenrette -- two prior offenders -- off the team, but only for a "violation of team rules," implying a level of knowledge of who was involved. (Incidentally, Jenrette was previously suspended by the team for the entire 2008 season for an undisclosed "personal matter.")

7) Police and university officials are rather mum during the investigation, which may seem normal if not for the State News (i.e. THE STUDENT NEWSPAPER) explicitly mentioning how differently this case is being treated from other dealings with the Police up there.

http://www.statenews.com/...lice_veil_rather_details

glasses.gif
On a Tuesday night, at the end of business day, and before a night basketball game with North Carolina that MSU no doubt hopes will drown out attention (a rematch of the 2009 NCAA Championship Game), the suspension of eight more players is announced. We hear nothing from MSU administration about their role in failing to deter these actions.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4704695
The hockey boys started the first fight, and Glenn and the other players retaliated. Andrew Conboy, a hockey player, was the one who instigatedit. He's been booted. I wouldn't say they "attacked" people. Was it dumb? Yes. Never saw that he was faced with felony charges, though.

Winston was booted from the team, and was given an opportunity to return to the team. He returned, and played decent until he tore his ACL.

I don't know why you think it's crazy for a player to play in games after previously have been suspended. Happens all the time. Heck, at Iowa or PennState, he would have been starting from day one.

Rod Jenrette left the team to deal with some personal stuff, moved back home and everything. He got back on track (or so it seemed), and returned to MSU andto the team.

I realize this isn't something that should be condoned but don't make it out to be something it isn't. Yes, Glenn Winston is an idiot. Dantoniogave him a second chance and he blew it. He embarrassed his team and the entire school. That frat and the football team have been after each other for awhile now. I didn't think anything good would come of it. I expect all the suspended players to miss the bowl game, and that's it. They haven'tbeen charged. Expect 2 more names to come out.

Newbs24, why do you say the "school looked trashy"? This coming from the program who recruits drug dealers who have a record and now a guy whosexually assaulted someone.

So it looks like Dameyune Craig will be joining the FSU staff in some form or fashion next year.

And Kirby Smart looks to be the headliner for the DC job.

We'll see.

And
sick.gif
alien.gif
at FSU's president and the AD forcing Christian Ponder and Dekoda Watson tospeak at a press conference about the Bowden retirement. Making them basically the spokespersons for the university. What kinda %%% %%## is that? The Pres orThe AD should ALWAYS be the ones to address the media in these kind of matters.
smh.gif

And looks like FSU landed its 1st 2011 commitment, in OL Trey Pettis. Welcome.
pimp.gif

Feagin was a minor and those records cannot be released, so therefore, its kinda tough to get that info. They should have looked deeper and got some characterguys to see what he was about but they didn't and they got bit. The sexual assault thing has really died down so we should wait and see who that is and howfast he is booted if its true. Bet its faster than 2 days like with Winston. Heard Roderick had some legal not personal things to tend to and thats why he hadto take a "leave".

Not saying that fights don't happen but to get a crew of 15 players and go after people in a planned attack is not only moronic but out of control. So itsnot the crime they committed that irritates me but the manor in which they carried it out.

Originally Posted by dreClark

And
sick.gif
alien.gif
at FSU's president and the AD forcing Christian Ponder and Dekoda Watson to speak at a press conference about the Bowden retirement. Making them basically the spokespersons for the university.
What part of the game is that?

2qte42x.jpg

indifferent.gif
alien.gif
smh.gif

And Kirby Smart looks to be the headliner for the DC job.
LOL, why in the world would Smart leave Bama, while certainly in line for a future HC gig under Saban's wing(just as Jimbo was)?

Why did Muschamp leave Saban @ Miami for Auburn?

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I find it hard to believe. But, there's smoke.

And reportedly 2 other candidates that have yet to come out. So we'll see here in the next couple weeks. Gotta think we announce it soon just in case wetry to get those EE's i.e. Jeff Luc, any Juco's, etc.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Um... Interesting?
From ND Alum:

"I'm beginning to lose faith. Eddie DeBartolo (former 49ers owner), big ND donor, and fellow Youngstown native was supposedly leading the charge from ND's perspective. Agreed to terms on 8 yr/$34M deal. Stoops asked for 5 academic exemptions and permission to get around ND's Reslife (Disciplinary board) and instill his own disciplinary methods with the team. DeBartolo couldn't get the admin to bite on those demands.

The ND Rivals editors thought (from AD folks) that the afternoon denial was a negotiating ploy to get those exemptions. They seem to think that the second one may have been the death knell for negotiations."
You figure whoever goes there is gonna want academic exemptions... You'd have to imagine they'll have to cave on that end to even get Brian Kelly or anybody with skins on the wall to come there...
well, now there is this..

http://www.irishcentral.com/topics?topic=Brian+Kelly
Brian Kelly will be the next head football coach at the University of Notre Dame, informed sources tell IrishCentral.

The source, who is a well-informed person of influence at Notre Dame, says the Cincinnati coach is the preferred choice for the job, and that he is expected to eventually sign a deal.

this also comes after another insider said it was stoops..

nobody knows, things are coming from every direction

Why did Muschamp leave Saban @ Miami for Auburn?
Postional Coach to D.Coordinator....Step up.

Bama as DC to FSU as DC is a lateral move.

A better analogy would've been why did Kevin Steele leave Bama for Clemson? But unlike that situation, there's no strained relationship between Sabanand Smart, as Smart has followed Saban everytime Saban asked has asked him too(3 diffrent occasions).

Would be a good pull for FSU though if that does happen.

UVa and VT people are saying Skip Holtz just took the UVa job

Who knows if that's true.
Postional Coach to D.Coordinator....Step up.

Bama as DC to FSU as DC is a lateral move.

A better analogy would've been why did Kevin Steele leave Bama for Clemson? But unlike that situation, there's no strained relationship between Saban and Smart, as Smart has followed Saban everytime Saban asked has asked him too(3 diffrent occasions).

Would be a good pull for FSU though if that does happen.
My point wasn't regarding the whether it was a lateral move or not.

My point was concerning the fact that he broke away from Saban. Eventually these dudes are going to walk away and it won't necessarily be fore a HC gig.Muschamp left the college ranks, only to return in the same position @ a different school. And regardless, all these dudes are in the 'Saban' coachingtree. Jimbo, Muschamp, Smart, Saban, Pellini, etc. So him leaving Auburn for FSU w/ Fisher at the helm, isn't really that far fetched. Esp. given the factthat Muschamp was going to leave Auburn for FSU in '08, provided that Mickey was leaving. After that '07 season, who was a hotter DC name thanMuschamp?

And think about it. What will give you the fastest track to a HC gig. Remaining at 'Bama w/ Saban, who will be given a lot of credit for the Defenseregardless of who the DC is, or rebuilding a %%%$$! defense to an elite level where you will get ALL the credit for it?

Add in the fact that the eventual successor @ Bama (Should smart ever leave) is already on staff, and a stronger FSU is a BENEFIT to 'Bama, and it kindamakes sense.

At the end of the day, I still don't see it happening though.

Originally Posted by dreClark

And reportedly 2 other candidates that have yet to come out. So we'll see here in the next couple weeks. Gotta think we announce it soon just in case we try to get those EE's i.e. Jeff Luc, any Juco's, etc.

U mean, hang on to Christian Jones... cus yall can forget about Luc
pimp.gif

and Christian is about to board the Lane Train if FSU dont come up with answers quick.

Why would Major Applewhite leave under Saban's wing as one of the hottest up-and-comer offensive coordinators to go back to Austin?

Obviously his desire to get back to Austin plays a big role in that, but Saban is a pain in the %*@ to work for. That's well-documented... It may be alateral move, but all things considered, it's not unrealistic to think he'd leave...

U mean, hang on to Christian Jones... cus yall can forget about Luc
pimp.gif

and Christian is about to board the Lane Train if FSU dont come up with answers quick.
Yeah, so I hear.

But we'll see.

In both cases. Your man is usually spot on, which is why I'm weary about the s- I'm hearing now on Luc. But @%@@ changes so fast in recruiting.

Christian is just waitin on somethin to hop back to Tally. So it won't be a hard sell

I hear DeJoshua is wavering on FSU? Any word?

Any word on T-rex? UGA?

Back
Top Bottom