09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

vacation? to ole miss ...
laugh.gif

roll.gif
ya lets take a vaction to the most racist college town in america

if you dont see Riley is trying to find a reason not to go to USC then i have no idea what to tell you

You think he's taking an OV to visit the town?  You obviously haven't seen the girls at Ole Miss  
pimp.gif

Man, you hearing yourself?  You're telling me kid is scared of depth chart (which won't change) and taking an OV to Ole Miss, a school that just offered this past weekend, to "find a reason not to go to USC"?  
roll.gif
 Come on dude.  Like I said before, if he's scared of depth chart, why is he extending his announcement a week to have an unofficial with SC coaches?  Ask yourself this question 
laugh.gif
.  Everyone knows Dietrich plays the recruiting game to the fullest.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Dorsey 40 time
pimp.gif
Dorsey still has WORK to do as a football player but there's no question that athletically the kid is a freak.

And just like I insinuated before, Dorsey is saying that he is STILL a UF commit.

Hopefully we get the last in-home visit with him (after USC and UF). I think if UF gets the last in-home he will stick.

And there's also mumblings about him not taking his visit to USC this weekend, so we'll see. Same goes for Christian Jones.

Ohio LB Jordan Hicks is going to announce Friday at 12:30. Going to probably come down between Florida and Texas...as it seems Ohio State is running 3rd in this race.

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Ohio LB Jordan Hicks is going to announce Friday at 12:30. Going to probably come down between Florida and Texas...as it seems Ohio State is running 3rd in this race.

We've gotten so much confusing info (they just hint at players and don't drop names but those hints could be different guys). Some feel very confident, others don't.

We'll just have to wait and see.

*GB is now saying the expect Hicks to sign with Texas*

Rajion Neal decommitted from Miss State, He's gettin fitted for his Death Row Chain...
pimp.gif

We are hearing Houston Nutt could be close to hiring former Alabama offensive coordinator Dave Rader.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
Jevan Snead must have known this before he declared for the draft early

Keenan Allen is Seriously considering decommitting from Alabama and going to Clemson.

Clemson has offered his Half Brother a scholly ( transfer QB from Univ. of Buffalo)

pimp.gif
 get em Dabo!

from AJC:

As expected Georgia coaches, including head coach Mark Richt, were in Calhoun on Tuesday to visit with five-star wide receiver commitment Da’Rick Rogers. Rogers has been committed to the Bulldogs since early June but took a visit to Tennessee last weekend and is now considering the Vols. No word yet on when the orange-clad coaches are due in. . . . The big talk in chatrooms overnight was that Rogers’ removed the profile pic on his Facebook page of him in a Georgia No. 3 jersey. He would be unable to wear No. 21 at UGA because it was retired for 1940s star Frankie Sinkwich. For what it’s worth, that number is available at Tennessee, Rogers told me this week.
  Henry County wide receiver Markeith Ambles had Les Miles and members of the LSU coaching staff in his home this week. The Tigers are trying to convince Ambles to take his last visit to Baton Rouge this weekend. But so is Alabama and Auburn and Ambles hasn’t decided yet. Looking increasingly like Tennessee is out of picture.
Rumors swirled late Tuesday that Port St. Lucie, Fla., linebacker Deon Rogers had finally flipped on Georgia to commit to Louisville or Ohio State. Not so, Rogers told me Tuesday evening. “I didn’t commit anywhere,

LSU's recruitment of Jarrett Fobbs is the epitome of "backup plan."

Sucks that he doesn't seem to care about that...

Keenan Allen is Seriously considering decommitting from Alabama and going to Clemson.

Clemson has offered his Half Brother a scholly ( transfer QB from Univ. of Buffalo)

pimp.gif
 get em Dabo!

Yea it looks like Bama is out. I have a mutal friend with Chris Martin (Cal Commit) who said Keenan told him he's deciding between Cal and Clemson
He supposed to be comin out here for a unofficial this weekend.

Why would he care at all?
Maybe it's just me, but if I have an in-home visit set up with a coach and he cancels so he can host another recruit...that wouldn't sit well with me. Combine that with the fact that they've been feeding him these lines about how they really want him and need him, yet they still slow play him while they wait to see what all these other WRs are gonna do...

Maybe I'm the only one that wouldn't want to be a school's 8th or 9th option at my position.

Why would he care at all?
You wouldn't care if someone kept stringing you along to no end? He's clearly Plan D, E, or F and that's only after they lose their big recruit to Tennessee...

They refused to even consider taking him as a receiver until just recently when Justin Hunter left, and then they push his in-home back twice now in three days so they can wait on Lache's announcement, feel out where they stand with Kadron Boone, Markeith Ambles, and other receivers...

According to a source close to the situation, the trip for Allen and his half brother Zach Maynard is still on for Cal. They are expected to leave Friday. They will be announcing their decision on Wednesday at 9AM at The Underground Restaurant in Greensboro, NC.

Keenan will be choosing between Alabama, where he is still committed, Clemson and Cal while Zach will be choosing between Clemson and Cal.

Since it's only Wednesday there is obviously a chance that the Cal visit could still be canceled but right now after a good in-home with Jeff Tedford and other Cal coaches, it is on.

Mike Farrell

Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst

[table][tr][td]Recruiting battles heat up
1.png
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Premium - Football Recruiting[/td][/tr][tr][td]Written by Bruce Feldman  [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Withsigning day so close, it's time for the weekly (every Wednesday) top 10list. This time out: the most intriguing player chases.

1. Seantrel Henderson, OT:

In the mix: Florida Gators, Minnesota Golden Gophers, USC Trojans, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Miami Hurricanes, Ohio State Buckeyes

The nation's No. 8 prospect -- and top O-lineman according to ESPN-- plays for a tradition-rich prep program in Minnesota that has been apipeline to Notre Dame in recent years (WR Michael Floydwas ND's biggest catch from Cretin-Derham Hall), and initially manyexpected the agile 6-foot-8, 320-pound Henderson to head to South Bend.

But things have been chaotic with Henderson for months and havebeen especially wild since two of the schools that figured to be amonghis top options, Notre Dame and USC, have undergone coachingtransitions. And, somewhere in the mix of all this turnover was UrbanMeyer's uncertain month and subsequent leave of absence. Home stateMinnesota also has had some staff shake up on offense, although hiscoach told the Star-Tribune that "the U's back in it." (Henderson isactually taking his final official visit to "The U" down South thisweekend.)

"We haven't seen anything like this and we've had some big-timeplayers come out of this school," Cretin-Derham coach Mike Scanlan toldShandel Richardson here,also pointing out that Cretin-Derham is home to pro stars such as JoeMauer (Minnesota Twins), Heisman Trophy quarterback Chris Weinke andtackle Ryan Harris (Denver Broncos). None garnered as much recruitingattention as Henderson, who is generally regarded as the nation's topprospect.

Richardson makes the point that Miami could have at least onebuilt-in advantage when the big OT comes to South Florida. "Hendersonis expected to attend Sunday's Pro Bowl, (which) will be filled withseveral former UM players. In fact, a record 10 Hurricanes wereselected to play."

My hunch is that with so much uncertainty, you'd think it wouldhelp Ohio State's chances to land Henderson since things in Columbusappear rock steady with Jim Tressel. But don't count out the Irish orthe Trojans. Henderson met with ND's O-line coach Tuesday and isexpected to get visits from new USC coach Lane Kiffin and Tressel laterthis week. Henderson also will meet with UM coach Randy Shannon inMinnesota when he visits the Cretin-Derham Hall campus Thursday.

My guess: Ohio State.

2. Jackson Jeffcoat, defensive end:

In the mix: Houston Cougars, Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Arizona State Sun Devils

The No. 2 player in ESPN rankings has some interesting connectionsto his suitors. His dad, former Dallas Cowboys D-lineman Jim Jeffcoat,is the DL coach at Houston -- which is definitely in the hunt. Hisdad's alma mater, Arizona State, also is a viable option. The elderJeffcoat reportedly was in consideration for a job with the Oklahomastaff, and the Sooners also are in the mix. Better still, Jeffcoat'stwin sister Jacqueline is also committed to Oklahoma to playbasketball. USC, where Jackson camped last summer, had been in the mixtoo since Jim Jeffcoat was once teammates and is still close tolinebackers coach Ken Norton. However, Norton left with Pete Carrollfor Seattle and with that, the Trojans are off the radar. Meanwhile,there is Texas, which usually lands the top in-state player, especiallywhen it's a kid who grew up in Texas. Mack Brown spent a lot of time atJeffcoat's school last week and some observers took it as a goodindicator for OU's chances when Jeffcoat didn't commit to Texas then.

My guess: Texas.

3. Markeith Ambles, WR:

In the mix: USC Trojans, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, North Carolina Tar Heels

Consider Ambles reason No. 188 why Tennessee fans are going to hateLane Kiffin for a very, very long time. The Georgia receiver -- who atone point had been committed to the Vols -- visited USC last weekend.Ambles says he grew up as a USC fan and says "I've always looked atmyself as a little Hollywood;" he is one of the recruits that the PeteCarroll regime hadn't stayed on. Kiffin, though, apparently has builtup a bond with the 6-2, 185-pounder, who is the nation's No. 4 WR andNo. 23 overall recruit. Earlier this week, Ambles hosted LSU coach LesMiles and some Tigers assistants, and they expect him to visit BatonRouge this weekend. Alabama and Auburn are still battling for Ambles,too. Ambles visited North Carolina two weeks ago and the Tar Heels alsoare still a factor.

My guess: USC.

4. Da'Rick Rogers, WR:

In the mix: Tennessee Volunteers, Georgia Bulldogs, Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida Gators, Mississippi State Bulldogs, West Virginia Mountaineers, USC Trojans

Just as fast as the Vols seem to be fading with Ambles, they couldbe surging for Rogers, the country's No. 6 WR. Another Georgia product,Rogers has been committed to Georgia since last June. And it appearedthat the Dawgs had him locked up. But Tennessee made a hard run at him,and politically this battle sounds messy. Earlier this month, then Volsrecruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron had an in-home visit with Rogers' QB Nash Nance,who was committed to Vandy. Rogers was there too, and Orgeronreportedly invited Nance and Rogers to visit Knoxville. That did notsit well with the players' coach Hal Lamb, whose dad Ray Lamb isactually in charge of high school relations for UGA football.

"I heard that Orgeron was over there [at the Nances] yesterday andoffered Nash but I didn't know anything about Da'Rick," Hal Lamb told the AJC on Jan. 6. "I haven't talked to anybody from Tennessee. They did that behind my back and I'm not happy with them."

Orgeron and Kiffin, obviously, had left for USC, but Vols assistantJim Chaney has been persistent and has developed a relationship withboth Nance and Rogers and Nance's dad, Mike, a one-time basketballrecruit. Both players visited UT last weekend and Rogers said he likedit, according to Chip Towers:

Rogers went on to cite much of Baggett's resume, that he'dtutored Randy Moss, Cris Carter and Chris Chambers in the NFL andPlaxico Burress and Andre Risonin college. And he talked about Dooley's NFL experience under NickSaban and leading Louisiana Tech from obscurity to its first bowl gamein seven years in only two seasons.

Rogers also did say he was still committed to UGA. On Tuesday, MarkRicht used his one visit to Rogers. Apparently, some UGA fans arefretting now more than ever since Rogers removed the profile picture onhis Facebook page of him in a Georgia No. 3 jersey. As the AJC pointsout, he would be unable to wear No. 21 at Georgia because it wasretired for 1940s star Frankie Sinkwich. But that number is availablefor him at UT, Rogers told the paper.

My guess: Tennessee.

5. Marcus Lattimore, running back:

In the mix: South Carolina Gamecocks, Auburn Tigers

It's down to Auburn and home state South Carolina here, and thecountry's No. 2 RB, as is often the case with touted uncommittedrecruits at this time of the process, has gone silent. His offensivecoordinator, Bobby Bentley, who doubles as Byrnes High's athleticdirector and public relations director, released a statement to themedia last week: "At this time, the family of Marcus Lattimore hasstated they will not release any information about his recruiting untilFeb. 2. On Feb. 2, at Silver Hill Memorial United Methodist Church,Marcus will address the public about his decision. Please refrain frome-mailing, texting or calling Marcus or members of his family inregards to his recruiting. The family appreciates your cooperation."

Auburn is putting together an outstanding class, which should begood news for any prospective recruit. The downside: the Tigers alreadydo have a commitment from the country's No. 1 RB, Michael Dyer. Colleague JC Shurburtt has more here on how each school is trying to land Lattimore and detail to him how they'd use him in their offense.

My guess: South Carolina.

6. Jordan Hicks, LB:

In the mix: Ohio State Buckeyes, Texas Longhorns, Florida Gators.

Can the Buckeyes hold onto the local star, who is ranked as thenation's No. 4 player? Texas and Florida are the other finalists. Hicksvisited all three officially a long time ago, going to UT and OSUbefore Halloween and UF in early December. Hicks has been very quietthroughout the recruiting process and instead has been busy playingbasketball for his high school, Lakota West. He told the AP earlierthis week he has no clear-cut favorite.

My guess: Ohio State.

7. Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE:

In the mix: Oregon State Beavers, UCLA Bruins, Nebraska Cornhuskers

Few recruits have seen their recruiting stock soar faster than thisspeedy pass-rusher from Oregon, who is now rated as the nation's No. 17prospect. Oregon, which had been in Odighizuwa's top four, isn't in themix anymore, according to The Oregonian. Now it's down to Oregon State,UCLA and Nebraska. All three have had to do a thorough job of sellingacademics to Odighizuwa and his family. He called it "a dead tie" aftermeeting with all three schools last week and says he will just go witha gut feeling about where he sees himself excelling. It probably reallyhelps the Huskers' chances since another Oregon kid, Ndamukong Suh,really flourished with the Pelinis in Lincoln.

My guess: Nebraska.

8. Christian Jones, LB:

In the mix: Florida State Seminoles, Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida Gators, Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The versatile Florida LB, the country's No. 27 recruit, is a guymany observers expect will end up ultimately signing with FSU, wherehis dad and brother played. But Jones has said he'll make up his ownmind about where he thinks he fits best. Alabama's Nick Saban visitedhim last week. Florida can't be underestimated with any blue-chipprospect these days. Notre Dame's Brian Kellymight come to visit this week and ND retaining assistant Tony Alfordwas a key move to keep the Irish in the picture. Jones' mother,Carralyn, tells the Orlando Sentinelthat she has been amazed by his calm this week getting strong pushesfrom the likes of Saban, who she said he called one of the most"seasoned" coaches that have recruited him.

"You would think he'd be more stressed out, but he's not," shesaid. "You ask him questions sometimes and there's no stress -- it'skind of scary. Everybody thinks he's going to FSU because [she andfather Willie Sr.] are grads. This is truly his choice."

My guess: Florida State.

9. Lache Seastrunk, RB:

In the mix: Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Memphis Tigers, Oregon Ducks, USC Trojans
A dazzling talent from Texas, Seastrunk's recruitment has been asfrenetic as his running style. But it is supposedly wrapping upWednesday, according to the Temple Daily Telegram, his local paper.Seastrunk's finalists include Auburn, Louisiana State, Memphis, Oregonand Southern California. I've heard from a source that Memphis has areally good shot at landing him but the source added that no one reallyknows what this kid will do because things have been so chaotic.
 My guess: Memp, er, Oregon.

10. Chaz Green, OT:

In the mix: Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles, USC Trojans.

The Tampa product, the country's No. 52 recruit, at one time wasconsidered a strong lean to Florida. Then it was a strong lean toTennessee, where both his parents went to college. However, due to theVols' coaching transition, they aren't the front-runner any more. Wordis Green's family has told UT don't come calling until you have anO-line coach in place. Lane Kiffin's move to USC, though, does boostthe Trojans' shot to land Green. "I have a better feel for Coach Kiffinthan I did for Coach Carroll," Green told the Tampa Tribune on Jan. 14."My feelings toward Tennessee have changed a little bit but I stillhave to wait and see who they'll have as head coach." Don't rule out UFor FSU though. However, Green is scheduled to take a visit to USC thisweekend.

My guess: USC.
[h3]Around the college football landscape[/h3]
 • Last year, I wrote about how impressive a crop of players thestate of New Jersey sent into the NFL in that draft class. There werean amazing seven picks in the top 30: OT Eugene Monroe, DT B.J. Raji,RB Knowshon Moreno, DB Malcolm Jenkins, LB Brian Cushing, RB DonaldBrown (27th) and WR Kenny Britt (30th). I thought about this group asI've watched this week's Senior Bowl practices. Boise State's Kyle Wilsonhas been one of the best players on the field. The CB is another Jerseykid. In fact, he is part of the impressive 2005 class of NJ products,who also include Monroe; Jenkins; Cushing, Brown and a few othersalready in the NFL: Michael Ray Garvin, Anthony Scirrotto, JordanCasillas and Tiquan Underwood. You also could factor in Jets RB ShonnGreene, another Jersey guy although he came through NY's MilfordAcademy in the Class of '05.

In addition to Wilson, other '05 Jersey recruits hoping to make it to the NFL: UGA's Kade Weston, BC's Rich Gunnell, UVA's Rashawn Jackson, Wisconsin's Garrett Graham, Northwestern's Corey Wootton and UConn's Andre Dixon. It's quite a haul. In case you were wondering, Rutgers had a class of 25 signees that year.

• Former Tennessee WR Nu'Keese Richardson has found a new home at Hampton University, where another ex-Vol LaMarcus Coker did pretty well, reports Shemar Woods:

While recruiting the South Florida region last December,Hampton coach Donovan Rose and recruiting coordinator Stephen Field satdown with Richardson's aunt and uncle, high school football coach, andmentors in Pahokee, Fla. Richardson was ranked the No. 8 receiver inthe nation and the Pahokee High star ended up in a recruiting battlebetween Florida and Tennessee. The judge's final ruling served as thelast check, ensuring Richardson could suit up as soon as springpractice in March for Hampton.

•  "I received nothing but good remarks about (Richardson's)character," Rose said. "He's a 'yes sir, no sir' kind of guy. He wasjust a good kid at the wrong place at the wrong time."
 • The things you learn from Twitter, Volume 915:

Former Kentucky coach Rich Brooks (UKcoachbrooks) is "Going to do some bone fishing."

FSU recruiting coordinator James Coley (CoachColey) "landed inNYC and headed to the 860." The 860 is Connecticut, which mightindicate Coley is off to see Salisbury, Conn., D-line recruit Bjoern Werner.

USC WR Brice Butler (USCnumber19) reports that Matt Barkley's dad is doing relief work in Haiti.

Kentucky QB/WR Randall Cobb(Rcobb18) ate Chipotle and he liked it, but apparently it wasn'tsitting well: "That chipotle was good- but its got the best of me rightabt now... I feel sorry for ANYONE in this class lol"

Bama Heisman winner Mark Ingram(Ingy22) was watching South Carolina upset No. 1 Kentucky in hoops:"Respects the heart and passion Devan Downey played with tonight. Theman balled out tonight!"

• Giff Smith, Georgia Tech's recruiting coordinator and D-linecoach, is leaving to join Chan Gailey with the Buffalo Bills aslinebackers coach, and his departure will have a big impact on Tech inthe future, writes Mark Bradley:

Smith managed to do good work under both Gailey and Johnson --somewhat different personalities, you'd have to concede -- and it was acredit to the chief recruiter that the Jackets' talent base was asimposing as it was. The kneejerk response is to say Smith's departuredelivers an immediate blow to Tech, coming as it does eight days beforeSigning Day. That's probably not true. Players who've committed to theJackets aren't going to switch because the recruiting coordinator isBuffalo-bound. (The head coach would be a different story.) WhereSmith's loss stands to hurt is in 2011, when Tech was gearing up tosign its best class since 2007.

My three cents: Smith was a very underrated recruiting presence, asBradley explains. I spoke to a former Tech assistant about what turnedout to be a phenomenal GT Class of 2007 (of the 20 signees a highpercentage have been key contributors and five were major impact guys-- DB Morgan Burnett, RB Jon Dwyer, LB Brad Jefferson, DE Derrick Morgan and QB Josh Nesbitt)and the coach said so much of it was due to the work of Smith and hisability to showcase Tech to recruits and keep things on track.

• Cassius Marsh,the nation's No. 33 DT, has decommitted from LSU and in favor of UCLA,BayouBengalsInsider.com reports. "I just realized that I'm morecomfortable in California," Marsh said of his time at the Army Game. "Ijust thought that maybe traveling for school was a bad idea. I gotbored in San Antonio and it made me really think about what I wanted todo about college."

Best fit for his style... He'll be running through holes a mile wide and he can bounce a ton of runs outside... He should do WORK in that offense...

Originally Posted by after h0urs

vacation? to ole miss ...
laugh.gif

roll.gif
ya lets take a vaction to the most racist college town in america

if you dont see Riley is trying to find a reason not to go to USC then i have no idea what to tell you

You think he's taking an OV to visit the town?  You obviously haven't seen the girls at Ole Miss  
pimp.gif

Man, you hearing yourself?  You're telling me kid is scared of depth chart (which won't change) and taking an OV to Ole Miss, a school that just offered this past weekend, to "find a reason not to go to USC"?  
roll.gif
 Come on dude.  Like I said before, if he's scared of depth chart, why is he extending his announcement a week to have an unofficial with SC coaches?  Ask yourself this question 
laugh.gif
.  Everyone knows Dietrich plays the recruiting game to the fullest.
when he 1st started looking at UCLA it was said because of the depth chart at USC and this was before PC left
last year USC took 4 safteys who all have the talent to start this year already have a commit from 1 and have been rumored to lead for 2 others in parker and anderson this year. and i didnt even waste my time to look what other safteys are on the roster. you going to sit there and say that has NOTHING to do with him looking around? 

dont sit there and act like he is all locked up to USC, he was begging to get a offer from florida again and has told both UCLA and USC coachs he is going to there school. nobody has any idea what he is doing now. 

Back
Top Bottom