09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Hearing real good things about JT Turner Vlad Emilien Taylor Lewan nd Brandin Hwthorne. All getting in shape and ready to grab starting spots. Going to be a young team but that was to be expected. At least these cats have good talent.

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

LSU got an in-home visit with Jarrett Fobbs tonight and a Rivals article slipped out last night saying "LSU Flips Fobbs"... Uh oh...
Not a shock.. I think Sherman and the rest of the staff figured it would happen sooner or later.

EDIT: Does LSU still have room for Fobbs though? I saw they got a 4 star wr commit on Sunday.
I had read they wanted at least one, maybe two more after that... Kadron Boone will be in town this weekend...

And Fobbs in-home is tomorrow night... Apparently Aggie people feel good about everything... Will be interesting to see what kind of BS Miles tries to sell the kid...

markeith_ambles1.jpg

laugh.gif

Keenan Allen supposedly making a visit to Cal this weekend
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
hopefully Tedford & Co. can snag him from Bama and Clemson

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Hearing real good things about JT Turner Vlad Emilien Taylor Lewan nd Brandin Hwthorne. All getting in shape and ready to grab starting spots. Going to be a young team but that was to be expected. At least these cats have good talent.
Troy Woolfolk isn't going to give up a spot...

But get the competition going.  Depth definitely isn't going to be an issue back there after this class.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Dietrich Riley will not sign on signing day now. He won't vist USC this weekend either, will take a offical to ole miss this weeknd then a unoffical vist to USC the week after
I told you Mike 
wink.gif
 :
“It was taking a while to get their DB coach so I decided to go to Ole Miss. But with USC, I’m going to visit them and spend a whole weekend with the coaches as an unofficial. I don’t really need to go on an official visit to USC. On the visits, they do everything I already know.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

vacation? to ole miss ...
laugh.gif

roll.gif
ya lets take a vaction to the most racist college town in america

if you dont see Riley is trying to find a reason not to go to USC then i have no idea what to tell you

DLo, here's the latest rumor on Da'Freak.
Supposedly both Nash & Rogers wanted to commit but Nash's dad advised them to think it over And make decision later in the week.

Troy doesn't need to give up a spot. He is locked in. Where is the question. Rather him at corner IMO because he atill doesn't know how to use his speed at safety. But I also think that we have more options with young guys at safety than at corner. He and Turner would be pretty stout IMO. Then we will have about 8 guys fighting for the 2 safety spots. I would love to see Vlad and either TGordon or Sean Parker. I think Gordon is going to surprise. He is very smart and a physical specimen. Also Cullen and Talbott might be good enough to grab a CB spot and put Troy in CF. I think there are a ton of options with all the young guys but 2 more have to step over Kovacs. Can't have him on the field and be better than last year

Originally Posted by gatorb807

LaMarcus Joyner gonna be playing with Cody Riggs for the next few years
nerd.gif
Meh, I wouldn't take Riggs over any of our CB commits so he can stay right there in Gainesville. No need to join LJ in Tally.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Dorsey for Jones swap? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

EUGENE - The Eugene Police Department confirmed this morning that its officers are investigating an alleged theft, and the student who filed the report has told The Oregonian that the men he accuses in it are University of Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli and wide receiver Garrett Embry.
[...]
[Student Max] Wolfard said he didn't think anything of Masoli and Embry's presence at first given that he'd seen them at the house before. But when they started to act "suspicious" -- and appeared to be hiding something -- he demanded to know what they were doing. It was then that Wolfard noticed Embry was carrying what appeared to be Wolfard's projector screen, valued at $560.

Wolfard said the two players then ran out the back door. Wolfard said Masoli fled north and Embry went east up Agate Street as Wolford chased him. Blocks later, Wolfard says, Embry stopped running, gave him back his projector screen and said, "You've got it back, now you better get out of here."

Wolfard, who said there was no evidence of forced entry at the fraternity house, returned to his room to find his guitar and computer missing and then called police. Max Iantorno, 20, a sophomore, arrived at the fraternity house soon afterward to find his door open and his laptop missing.

Not surprisingly, police and Oregon officials are mum all the way around. To be clear, neither Masoli nor Embry has been charged with anything, much less found guilty; police are still investigating the complaint. But Masoli did spend three months in a juvenile detention center for his role in a string of armed robberies as a teenager (one of the reasons he spent a year at junior college before emerging as the Pac-10's best quarterback over the last two years), and the student who filed the complaint said he easily recognized Masoli because "he has a very distinctive face, very distinctive facial hair."
smh.gif

It'll get swept under the rug, beleive that. 

These people out here were going IN on anything remotely negative about USC, or Tennessee, or the Bengals, or any team that had "troublemakers".  Yesterday, all the radio shows were "oh, they're just kids", and "boys will be boys" and "oh, suspend him for a game", and "it's probably not even true" 
sick.gif

Hypocritical @#$%^&^%$#$$
laugh.gif

[h2]Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Safety Demar Dorsey to sign with Florida State [/h2]
florida-county-map_tiny.gif
by SWFLNole.

Demar Dorsey adds athleticism and speed to FSU's 2010 class.

View full size photo »

Luke Stampini of SoFlaFootball.com broke the story. 
Demar Dorsey de-committed from Florida today and committed to FSU.  The de-commitment is something I've been expecting for several months.  UF recruits are saying Dorsey decommitted as well as other sources in the thick of Dorsey's recruitment. Look for former Tennessee 'pals' Eddie Gran [current FSU RB coach] and Lane Kiffin to butt heads for Dorsey over the next 9 days. -- Stampini

Most of the FSU sites have been aware since late Friday night, and if Stampini had let this slip it might not have come out till signing day.  But the news is out so here is some info on the speedy safety prospect.  Boyd Anderson High School Defensive Back Demar Dorsey has made it know that he intends to switch his commitment from the Florida Gators to the Florida State Seminoles. This is yet another feather in the hat for the Seminoles recruiting class. Keep in mind that despite going 6-6 in the regular season, FSU will reign in one of the top classes in the country, while filling positional and numerical needs.  Here at TN, we have expressed the opinion that the 2010 cycle is heavier on talent at defensive back and lighter on defensive line talent so there may be some need to continue to take more talented DBs even though we have depth issues at DL this year.  Re-stocking the defense is not a one year fix, and Jimbo Fisher knows that.  

HT: 6'1''
WT: 180
Speed: 4.25 40-yard Dash/ 10.44 100-Meter
Vertical:  40''
Rankings: ESPN 85 #2 overall safety, #12 overall/ Rivals 5.8 4*
Academics:  There has been some concern, but Demar says he will qualify and has apparently gained his ACT score.
Other offers:  UF, USC, Tennessee, Miami, Michigan, UNC.  Alabama showed serious interest.

Evaluation:

Dorsey is a terrific athlete. He will instantly become one of the most athletic kids on FSU's team when he steps on campus. He is a track star. When people talk about his speed it is real, as he is probably the fastest senior football player in the state of Florida this year. When he decides to tackle, he can really lay the wood, but there are definite technique problems there. Dorsey shows elite body fluidity in the lower half and gets to the point on the football field where he needs to be. Excellent acceleration, hips, ect.  He lacks the overall type of bulk and strength you would like to see but he has outstanding potential.  Dorsey is also inconsistent on the field, looking like a 5* recruit some games, but also completely disappearing other games. If he can put it together, this kid could be Reggie Nelson part two, his potential is that high.  The very definition of a boom or bust recruit.

ESPN Scouting Report ($)

Scout.com on his talent (Free):
As athletic as any player in the country with his combination of great size, frame, speed, and first step quickness. He's further ahead athletically than as a player. He can get caught turning the wrong way, has trouble getting off blocks, and is sloppy in his tackling form, but with the ball in his hands on returns and letting his instincts as an athlete takeover, he show’s that he’s special. Definition of an upside recruit.

Scott Kennedy (free)
More Scout (Free)

Recruitment:

Demar Dorsey has been a UF commitment throughout the process and just switched his intentions to FSU this week. Many have expressed that they think UF would not take him. I was actually told this point blank, that he had to look around. The reasons are plenty, he had grade concerns which now appear to be taken care of and may still have some off the field concerns. We at TN will not try to hide that fact. However, if and when he is qualified he is a kid who has huge potential.  UF evaluates better than almost every school in the country, especially in the defensive backfield (look at the guys they have had playing S for them) and they took Dorsey early (October 2008). He looked at a bunch of schools but settled in at FSU.

Film:

Not much here honestly for free, but he played in the Under Armour Game and was one of the best players on the field. I was there and his athleticism really was quite remarkable. These games are set up to make safeties look good, but it was obvious.

^ Saw this one coming... Can't keep them all... Wouldn't mind the swap for Jones but still think he goes to F$U. Ah well, rather lose Dorsey as great as he is then one of our DL

Damnit Dorsey, joining the "Everything Flys Here Zone"
smh.gif

Can't keep them all, UF will be fine.

Jimbo getting great players, lets see if the new staff can coach em up better than the old one.

Dre, there's rumors that Joyner may be joining Riggs in Gainesville.

Feb 3rd can't get here soon enough, might have to take a Personal Day off from work
laugh.gif

Ehhhh, until the ink dries on that LOI from Dorsey, I won't believe it. And Jay, wth you doing on Tomahawk Nation? LMAO.

AND he has an in-home w/ UF this week.

AND he's visiting USC this weekend.

AND he still has to qualify.

So, we'll see.

And as for Joyner playing in Gainesville.....Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, we'll see. I find that hard to believe though.

And what's good w/ Nick Waisome, 2011 CB. I see he wasn't too happy about VB leaving.

I already scheduled a work at home day.

Last Signing Day I was on the road at another property but I had mad heads givin me updates via text , sheeeeeit I even had the scoop on a couple lol

Damnit Dorsey, joining the "Everything Flys Here Zone"
smh.gif

laugh.gif

There were some complete morons on the Michigan boards thinking we had a shot at him.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Now, Sean Parker on the other hand...
nerd.gif

And if Christian Bryant announces Tar Heel today, I will be low key celebrating.  That means the Glenville steel pipe line to Columbus has officially broke.
pimp.gif

It ain't gonna happen though.
laugh.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif
...I'm 99% sure he is a Buckeye.
nerd.gif

And Jay, wth you doing on Tomahawk Nation? LMAO.

Mannnn, Im on every major football team board in florida

I read article  this week on Dorsey saying that its a done deal, he has qualified

Back
Top Bottom