$10 Million for 10 years of your life

Would you take the $10 Million

• Yes

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
I'm gonna lose at least 20 years of my life at the current rate, so I'll take the 10 million.

Last edited:
Time is way more valueable to me.
I wouldnt even do 10 mill for 1 year.

Im about evolving my perspective
and making an impact in others.
No dollar amount can replicate that.

10 years too long
on my death bed at the end of it all, i'm not going to be saying man i wish i had more money.

depends on how it works, if i loose my strength ten years earlier than no, but a sudden death i would think about it...

I don’t understand why anyone would say no.
Especially when you factor on average most people will give up more than that amount of time to a job they absolutely despise, earning a fraction over their lifetime.

For those that enjoy what they do, or are 1%ers, this move probably doesn't make sense.

even if you had kids? or if you got money already?
If you already got it, I can see why you would say no. IMO, once you have kids, it’s not about you anymore. With that being said, I’d give up 10 years of my life to ensure my kids had a better future.

If you already got it, I can see why you would say no. IMO, once you have kids, it’s not about you anymore. With that being said, I’d give up 10 years of my life to ensure my kids had a better future.
but you also give up 10 years of being with your kids. that's more important imo. what if you miss the first 10 years of their life. or 10-20 15-25 etc etc.
i know plenty of sad rich people who wish their parents were there for them.

but you also give up 10 years of being with your kids. that's more important imo. what if you miss the first 10 years of their life. or 10-20 15-25 etc etc.
i know plenty of sad rich people who wish their parents were there for them.
Is it 10 year subtracted or 10 years away? If it’s subtracted, like you just wake up 10 years older, what’s the difference really? What’s really more important, YOUR time with your kids or THEIR future?

Is it 10 year subtracted or 10 years away? If it’s subtracted, like you just wake up 10 years older, what’s the difference really? What’s really more important, YOUR time with your kids or THEIR future?
THEIR time with you.

THEIR time with you.
I get what you’re saying but we’re taking 10 off the back end, so you’re still there when it matters. Like someone else pointed out, you do it anyways going to work everyday for wayyy less money.

Life is life. People on their deathbed would give it all up for a couple days. Heck, people in jail for life would give it all up to get out.

I'll take the $10MM, especially if it's tax free. I could see if I would earn that in 10 years then it's a "no", but that's unlikely so I'd take it and set up everything so my family is straight.

Usually w/ these situations, the catch is always something that will screw you over regardless, might as well get compensated for it.

Damn this is actually a really good hypothetical.
Average male lifespan is around 75 subtract 10 thats 65 but you get 10 mil which you can invest and make even more and live a fulfilled life doing whatever you want and not have to work.
Also good to keep in mind.......not working might prolong your life a little bit. If working gets you to 75, I'd say not working and living stress free get you to at least 70 with the 10 thats subtracted in the beginning
Yeah I'd take it

Back
Top Bottom