12/99-12/2004 who’s still here from the first 5 years?

Had been lurking since 01'. It wasn't until I needed a legit check on a pair of sneakers I wanted to cop on eBay that i joined NT. I didn't realize at the time, that there would be a waiting period for my admittance onto niketalk. I don't think i actually started using my account till I needed another legit check a year later.

Was thinking about this the other day. Joined NT my junior of high school (second screen name. Lost my first name in the old Kobe V thread) because the library had 56k. Now, I have been married for five years and have a seven month old. Time flies with the NT family.

Been lurking since the initial release of the Cool Grey 11s back in 2001 and saw that 1st wave of retro craze. Was using my 56k dial up modem to get on here for sneaker release pics. :lol: Registered on NT in 2002. Now 20 yrs later, the Cool Grey 11s are back and yeah, I'm still copping them joint. :lol::pimp:

Last edited:
8A762E89-601D-4299-B9BB-33C1BC86774F.jpeg

Since my senior year of high school..
About the time I was on. Was looking for the first picks of the jordan 16’s :/

Been lurking since the initial release of the Cool Grey 11s back in 2001 and saw that 1st wave of retro craze. Was using my 56k dial up modem to get on here for sneaker release pics. :lol: Registered on NT in 2002. Now 20 yrs later, the Cool Grey 11s are back and yeah, I'm still copping them joint. :lol::pimp:
Lol. Calling Eastbay at 7:40 and wasting time until I could order at 8. Those were the days

Mine say joined 2004 but I been lurky lurkin way before that. I remembering seeing the 18s surface for sure. had an account previous to this one too. that account long gone now. lost in time. :rofl: Like tears in the rain.

This thread made all the OGs come out of the woodwork. . . :nthat:

Lurked since 2000.
(Didn’t see a reason to post. And just needed shoe release info at the time. And never had time to sit in front of a desktop computer.)

Finally made an account in 07.
. . . Simpler times, in deed.

Smart phones and tablets make at WAY easier to be on NT.
. . . And not getting hit with that dreaded “Yuku server maintenance page”.
:rofl:

Originally joined in the summer of 01 but never posted and to be honest I cannot remember what my screen name was, so I ended up creating my current account over a year later which was my freshman year of college and now I'm 37. Time definitely flies by, I cannot believe more than half of my life I've been a member of NT. I do remember the posts from/about jersey-joe and shoetrends when "Ron" was in charge was one of my go to sites, Jordan's releasing on Wednesdays during the school day and then seeing that change to Saturday 12AM PST releases was great for those of us on the west coast.

Originally joined in the summer of 01 but never posted and to be honest I cannot remember what my screen name was, so I ended up creating my current account over a year later which was my freshman year of college and now I'm 37. Time definitely flies by, I cannot believe more than half of my life I've been a member of NT. I do remember the posts from/about jersey-joe and shoetrends when "Ron" was in charge was one of my go to sites, Jordan's releasing on Wednesdays during the school day and then seeing that change to Saturday 12AM PST releases was great for those of us on the west coast.

I remember Shoetrends would sometimes ship their shoes early! Good to see a familiar screen name.

I’ve been a lurker since pretty much the beginning. Created this account in early ‘01. Been out for the most part since ‘10 or so, but have found myself gravitating back a little in the past 2 years. But man, has the game changed.

Does anyone else remember learning about this place from the first Ed.’s letter, in the first issue of SLAM’s Kicks issue? It was something like, “check [the then-NT URL] for the top secret stuff” regarding the then-forthcoming AJ XV. It was NT, KO.net, and like 1-2 other message boards back then.

Back
Top Bottom