'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

Willie Henry from Glennville to UofM.
Sam Grant to OU.

All that's left is Diamond and maybe Chris Muller.

I'm sure if they wanted him they would have got him. We get the hand me downs, which if Frank Clark is a hand me down keep them coming.

3* OL Simon Goines commits to UCLA after deciding between us and Mizzou. 6-8, 295 pounds, this dude is ridiculous.

Is Cristobal going to get that Rutgers job? That'd be a strong hire for them.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Leonard Williams is signing with USC sir
pimp.gif

Where'd you hear that?

thats the word from some of the players and is also being spread around on the pay sites. Scott Shrader seems to think he is on board and that guy is basically never wrong.
I see you get your info from 24/7...

Williams and Agholor are deep in the fold, but still have people pulling them to stay closer to home. 

Banner is in...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by CP1708

Why did this #1 kid DBG pick Missouri?  Are they sponsored by Brinks or something? 

DGB is from Missouri and he has a little brother who is sick w/ Cancer and he would like to remain as close to him as possible. Not to mention the fact that Mizzou has produced a 1st rd WR recently and there will be plenty of opportunity to put up #'s in that system.
I still thinks DGB ends up being a Hog.

Originally Posted by jcmojica24

Originally Posted by CP1708

Why did this #1 kid DBG pick Missouri?  Are they sponsored by Brinks or something? 

DGB is from Missouri and he has a little brother who is sick w/ Cancer and he would like to remain as close to him as possible. Not to mention the fact that Mizzou has produced a 1st rd WR recently and there will be plenty of opportunity to put up #'s in that system.

Those reports to Mizzou were smoke and mirrors. DGB will be a Razorback. Fayetteville is closer to home and that same little brother is a Razorbacks fan. I was informed a few weeks ago that he was a silent from a few on the team. With the way cats jumping ship at MU, I dont see it changing.

Banner just went official with it.... First OOS guy in, but not the last...

And Iron Man, I do definitely check out 247 but my dad has a little pull left from when he was one of the recruiting guys for uscfootball.com so he keeps in touch with some people. I also know a cpl ppl with pretty close ties to guys still on the team but they are usually late with info
laugh.gif

That said, Banner was a strong lean for a long time, and Aghlor has been for longer.

This also has been well orchastrated by the staff, Orgeron & Kiffin been doing this for years now, keeping oos guys quiet till the end. I remember a story my pops told me during the Big Fred Davis recruitment about this very same kinda thing. As long as we can keep these guys around were gonna be feeling good on NSD year after year while fanbases around the country are gonna hate us more and more for cherry picking top flight talent right out of their backyards.

I read a comment on one of the florida sites the other day about Aghlor being the player to be named later in the Ronald Powel trade, made me laugh. Now tgis is looking ahead but there is a stud rb out of aloha oregon named Thomas Tyner, hes already commited to the 2013 ducks class but i would love if our staff could turn him into the player to be named later in the DAT trade.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Originally Posted by jcmojica24

Those reports to Mizzou were smoke and mirrors. DGB will be a Razorback. Fayetteville is closer to home and that same little brother is a Razorbacks fan. I was informed a few weeks ago that he was a silent from a few on the team. With the way cats jumping ship at MU, I dont see it changing.

I don't see why he would go to Mizzou. His best chance to shine is in a Hog Uniform.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ 

[h1]Landon Collins’ mom claims Nick Saban offered her son’s girlfriend a job[/h1] Collins-Mom

Landon Collins' mother will not go down without a fight.

During the Under Armour All-American Game, April Justin earned fame after disagreeing with her son's decision to commit to Alabama instead of his home state school of LSU.

Since that episode, Justin hasn't given up her fight to see her son at LSU and even told the website Momstream.com that her son chose Alabama because Nick Saban promised his girlfriend, Victoria Lowery, a job in Saban's office.

Lowery is already headed to Alabama.

It's important to note that Justin and Lowery don't get along. An article about Collins from ESPN the Magazine cited a confrontation between Justin and Lowery right before the infamous Under Armour All-American Game interview. Lowery was urged onstage by her sister while Justin wanted only family in front of the camera. Lowery ultimately won the confrontation and was standing right behind Collins when he made his announcement. Justin was visibly upset and wasn't shy about sharing her feelings about her son's choice in schools.

[Related: More National Signing Day news]

"I feel like LSU is a better place for him to be," Justin said at the time. "LSU Tigers, number one. Go Tigers.

In the ESPN the Magazine article, Justin also took issues with Saban's recruiting tactics saying, "I think he stereotyped me."

So, to read her accuse Alabama and Saban of a serious recruiting violation seems to have more bitterness to it than actual truth. Here's the excerpt written by Brooke de Lench:
What the [ESPN] article didn't mention, however, was the reason April was apparently upset, which may have tipped the scales in Alabama's favor. According to April, Victoria had allegedly been offered a job to work in head coach Nick Saban's office.

In all fairness to Saban and Alabama, I have been unable to independently confirm April's story on this point (Citing NCAA rules, Doug Walker, Associate Athletics Director, Communications, at the University of Alabama, stated in an email to MomsTeam that the school "would not comment on anything relating to the recruitment of a prospective student-athlete." Asked if Landon's girlfriend had been offered a job, he stated, "I have no information regarding that."). All I know is what April told me.

Dr. Saturday also called Alabama, which was not able to comment because it's not allowed to talk about specific recruits — or anything regarding those recruits — per NCAA rules.

Even if Justin hadn't said something about this potential recruiting violation, someone would have figured out that something was fishy, especially after Lowery's name appeared in ESPN the Magazine and subsequently all over the Internet.

Beyond her dismay over her son following his girlfriend to college, Justin also doesn't think Alabama will use her son correctly.
"At 'Bama they want to red shirt - or grey shirt - him and they want him playing nickleback instead of safety. He is the top safety in the country and he will never play a game his freshman year. Now, at LSU coach Les Miles is offering to play him as safety during his freshman year. His (Nick Saban's) goals don't meet the criteria of the family; they meet the criteria of Alabama."

What were, then, her goals? "For Landon to win the Heisman Trophy and to be able to play close to home at LSU with his younger brother, Gerald, who is also an outstanding football player who has offers to play at LSU."

At this point, I don't know whether I feel bad for Collins or Justin. I don't know if Justin just wants what's best for her son or is trying to live vicariously through him, but in either case she's probably doing more to drive him away than keep him close.

I wonder if she'll wear gold and purple to every one of Collins' games in protest?

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Leonard Williams is signing with USC sir
pimp.gif

Where'd you hear that?

Scott Shrader seems to think he is on board and that guy is basically never wrong.
Scott is definitely respected and legit insider but he's been plenty wrong.

After hours, its an imperfect science and every "insider" is wrong sometimes but Scott really seems to be right more times then not.

That said, by now most guys really paying attention think Williams to USC, can he switch his mind and end up at the barn or in gainesville? Sure, but he gave the staff a reason to think they got a better then fair shot at landing him and thats whats been going around the last few days.

Damn everyone's pillaging our recruits.

Minnesota got Andre McDonald, Sakerlina got Chris Moody, UGA probably will take Josh Dawson

MarkussEligwe
I won't be signing on National Signing day. I will be signing on the 6th. FSU. CAL

looks like that Cal visit shook some things up...

Back
Top Bottom