'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

I missed it nooooo
laugh.gif

roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jay, do you think Jacob Carter may be getting major minutes in the fall? He's all the talk on campus right now.

Jaylon Smith is tearing up the camp circuit... Since all the evaluators love the summertime more than the fall games, he should be a consensus Top 10 player.

Originally Posted by D723

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jay, do you think Jacob Carter may be getting major minutes in the fall? He's all the talk on campus right now.

indifferent.gif
 Hell no foo. Hunter, Rogers, Patterson. I'm willing to bet Vincent Dallas starts over him too. I was at the O&W game yesterday and all of his catches come against Jaron Toney (WHO?)
laugh.gif
. Practice squad legend.

Vincent Dallas cant catch a cold.

Jacob Carter is damn good. Hes been killing in every practice and scrimmage.

as long as anyone plays before Zach Rogers, I'll be happy

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Sorkoram wrote:
Shazier
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

fair weather !%! corey.� arkansas goes down and you're watching to$u practices again huh
grin.gif

laugh.gif
 meh, nah. I'm an alum on one hand and the homestate on the other, pay attention to both.
pimp.gif

edit - man outta here with that
roll.gif

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Is it a good idea to throw your starting qb into something like that?

I don't see a problem with it. Chances of getting hurt it that drill are slim.  Like what Meyer said its about intensity. Braxton got blown up. He's probably been hit less than 5 times all spring and in this offense he's going to take a beating, if he can't handle it now, he's never going to be able to.
Boren and Simon are beasts. Ohio's weak spot this year is going to be OL. Going to see a lot of teams use the MSU game plan and just send everyone, maintain lanes, and make Brax show he's improved his accuracy. Otherwise it's on the D to win games and I know that side of the ball will be ready to play.

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Is it a good idea to throw your starting qb into something like that?

I don't see a problem with it. Chances of getting hurt it that drill are slim.  Like what Meyer said its about intensity. Braxton got blown up. He's probably been hit less than 5 times all spring and in this offense he's going to take a beating, if he can't handle it now, he's never going to be able to.
Boren and Simon are beasts. Ohio's weak spot this year is going to be OL. Going to see a lot of teams use the MSU game plan and just send everyone, maintain lanes, and make Brax show he's improved his accuracy. Otherwise it's on the D to win games and I know that side of the ball will be ready to play.

I agree chances of anything happening are slim but I'm sure weirder things have happened. Why take a chance. Not participating in a drill like that doesn't mean you're not tough...why do I even care? Can he do punt coverage too?

Braxton threw 31 passes in the spring game. Urban knows he can run it but he wants him to get better in the passing game. He still throws em all over the place. Lets see if he can get better

Braxton actually owned Guiton in that drill ... I know it looks like he gets destroyed, but he actually picked up Guiton and threw him to the ground ... that angle is wack for what actually happened though.

That was
pimp.gif
on Urban's part.

laugh.gif
get the $%!$ outta here.
laugh.gif
you related to Braxton or something?

do you know what Bull in the ring is? anyone can take your momentum and twist around and let you go flying, the point of the drill is to go head up and drive THRU each other.

laugh.gif
no relation, and yeah I get the drill ... Guiton did get the initial pop which is the most important part, but Braxton retaliated, but I guess that's how the drill can go..

You dont really get the drill tho, as soon as you turn your shoulder, You lost. the object is to go head up and keep your feet moving.

Not to stop your feet, turn your shoulders to flip the guy whose momentum is full speed towards you

he looked better but his accuracy is still an issue. and at times decision making. they said before the game that they want 2/3s the offense to be passing (spring game).

Back
Top Bottom