13-Year-old tries an old Walkman vol. Lulz

This kid is OG
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ImSoLA

This was all me back in the day:
win-pictures-walkman-sport.jpg
Maaaan, when I was kid this was IT!

I had this joint and felt like a rock star.

God I loved that thing.

Originally Posted by mugzbo

This has long been one of the arguments I've been pressing to kids that are living in this technologically comfortable generation they've been blessed with.

I mean, the kid didn't even know there was another side to the tape!
roll.gif
You kids these days are really blessed to have all the gadgets that are available for your consumption.

you speak truth!

another thing, I'm pretty amazed a 13 year old could write a great article like that. (i guess i'm easily impressed, or his article was heavily edited)I wouldn't count on a majority of American Educated 13 year olds to write something like that.

If I let him borrow my tapes, I bet he would hang on to that Walkman for a little while longer...
laugh.gif

1523346367_l.jpg

1523348524_l.jpg

what yall know about that good ol Auto Reverse?

pimp.gif

i had Bad (MJ) and Purple Rain on repeat all night long as a youngin
laugh.gif

use to take old tapes that i aint like anymore, fill the holes with crayon wax or pieces of paper and dub over them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MarkyMark25

another thing, I'm pretty amazed a 13 year old could write a great article like that. (i guess i'm easily impressed, or his article was heavily edited) I wouldn't count on a majority of American Educated 13 year olds to write something like that.
Nah, your first impression was right. Kids these days have e-Books these days so they don't even have to pick up a damn book with paper pagesto read...I've always thought that technology has been suppressing the American youth's necessity to explore the finer things that us 80's babieswere privileged enough to. Again, I don't mean to poop on the youth but be wary of technology because it'll ultimately contribute to the complete andutter downfall of the youth. God, I sound like an old fart or maybe I'm just nostalgic as a mothaF

laugh.gif
i was thinkin about this the other day! tape/AM'FM players used tobe IT back in the day!!! i had the yellow joint with the lock on top, then i graduated to an RCA cd player that i had for years! O the memories...
embarassed.gif

i remember i used to record songs from the radio, rap city, and sometimes i would play around with my fathers turntables and mic, and try to dj my ownmixtape..
roll.gif
pimp.gif

my homeboy that used to live a few houses down from me dubbed me the first Kris Kross album when it frist came out for Christmas one year on a blankcassest....that was appreciated as a lil 7 year old!...they was like a Soulja Boy to me at that age..
laugh.gif

Thanks to these, i'll still download and listen to a whole album all the way through on my mp3 player.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

in my eyes, walkmans/discmans aren't even played out for real
laugh.gif

dont think it is either. i know people nowadays that still use portable CD Players

not everybody is familiar with operating a computer, therefore the good old stuff is still easier to use

Yea that walkman one held me down with that long anti skip.

Dudes got it lucky they dont have to worry about skipping anymore, i left skipping in my sophmore year when my boy put me on the mini disc player.

Originally Posted by fivefivenine

Originally Posted by NewZ05

discman.jpg
> all

straight crakk
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Yea i remember this one, i let mine friend borrow it. Dude came back the next day looking all sad, i was like whats up man did you enjoy theplayer? He started shaking his head, he couldn't figure out were to put the batteries in.

Originally Posted by proper english

wow i feel old.. i had a walkman when i was about 5yrs old..
@ around the age of 10-12 i happened upon a car w/ an a-tract player and had the same reaction as this 13yo
laugh.gif

a-tract. LOL

It's 8-track.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by ImSoLA

This was all me back in the day:
win-pictures-walkman-sport.jpg

Yo.. is that the joint that had the locking top?
i think so...im pretty sure it was water resistant too
Def had that way back when lol.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

laugh.gif
damn i feel old

SONY walkman were the 80's IPOD
laugh.gif
...i had one ...i remember buying one from a eletronic shop for $180 ....i remember it was grey w/ dolby pro logic
pimp.gif
$180?? Wowww, glad I wasn't the one to buy mine.

Back
Top Bottom