1999 AJ V(5) 12 years unworn?

whats up with all the Mortal Kombat avys lol ....but i wouldnt wear them find out how he stored them 1st

keep the for display man, dont risk it... save it for ur kids and say that you own nike air on the 5 haha

For the yellowing of the mesh retrobright definitely works but I'd probably just leave them yellow because I wouldn't really want to risk wetting & leaving in the sun kicks that are that old. Consider the yellowing a badge of honor, lol.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

just cop da CDPs..they were actually made pretty well contrary to popular belief...

this.

and atleast the CDP's will still be wearable 5+ years from now..

that yellowed netting isn't a good thing at all. those are known to crack and completely fall out
be careful homie

i just really wanted to wear them but if i cant might as well sell them to someone who collect them or whatnot i like wearing my shoes not collecting them

DONT DO IT!!!!  I was looking at my deadstock white/red's and black/red's last week and noticed that the bubbles were foggy on both pairs.  I pushed the bubble in to see how firm it was and it started to go in that you could see the white part of the phylon or whatever material that is.  I am so scared to wear them, i will just keep them for collector's purchases.  BTW, I wore my true blue 3's for the first time from the initial retro and both shoes cracked on the outside of the foot just walking around the mall.  They have just been sitting in the closet btw. 

mine that i copped a couple years back cracked on me after 10ish wears, now keep in mind i wore them casually and im not fat I'm 6 feet and 155 pounds lol. Now they make a great display piece 
eyes.gif
 just putting that out there that was the incident that stopped me buying pre-2005 retros with a polyurethane midsole (2s-9s or 10s i think). As many OG heads on here know, they changed the midsole tech in 2005ish so retros made after that should hold up much longer. 
pimp.gif

this is just my opinion but DS shoes are more prone to cracking as opposed to a pair that was worn occasionally and very well kept. i wouldnt wear them but im on the same boat as you, i buy shoes to rock i never buy shoes to collect so i know that feeling of wanting to rock these

Dang those are nice. Makes me wish JB would put nike air back on the retro's.

I'll be honest and say I think they are gonna implode.
Yellow mesh makes me think they were not stored well.

well i got them what do you think i pressed on the mid sole and they feel the same as my 2006 releases  I ran a q-tip on the air bubble and guess what they are clear!

i'll post pics of mine later,they show signs of sole separation.
if i was you i personally wouldn't rock them out of fear of the sole cracking.
30t6p3b.gif

but hey, shoes are meant to be worn right?
ohwell.gif

Those are beautiful. Amazing find fam.
I would take Ninja's advice though and cop an extra cdp pair to wear regularly and keep these as a collectors item.

These are my favorite V's so thats just what I would do personally

Back
Top Bottom