2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

And he did .... LOL
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Jaidon SUCKS!!!!!!!! dude was getting rocked the whole night

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

^

On point.

Great fight.

Jaidon shouldn't be upset, though. He's gonna gain positive exposure from this.
-|LESGodSonC0|-

TEAMYANKEES

TEAMGIANTS

If Jaidon woulda had the knowledge to just go down. he woulda had some time to pull himself to gether

Man, I could go for a rematch of thsi fight...

this was Tite Work
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

most fighters have to much pride to take a knee even tho its proably the best thing to do. Jaidon need to work on his foot work and balance before he steps in the ring again

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

what a great fight. watching bika is like playing fight night. good week in boxing with calzaghe/kessler and bika/codrington
...and I bench more than Kevin Durant.

Bikas punches are mad wild, but they looked effective to make Jaidon looked that unbalanced. It was frustrating to not have Jaidon catch more then he should have. There were some points, but not enough. Nice fight though, big ups to Jaidon and Bika for the great fight

U forgot Cotto/Mosely this week as well MANNNNNNN

^ thats right. at least jaidon didnt come out empty handed. looks like he got an endorsement with a multi vitamin company
...and I bench more than Kevin Durant.

Quote:
at least jaidon didnt come out empty handed. looks like he got an endorsement with a multi vitamin company
:lol:
laugh.gif
NORTHCAROLINATARHEELS​

Holy crap, that was a damn good fight. Both guys put it ALL out there and neither should be disappointed. Bika just doesn't stop coming and is tough as all hell. Jaidon showed he had the better skills and better one shot power, but his jaw let him down again. His balance was terrible because he was rocked by anything Bika threw. Bika's a good puncher at best, and it seemed like a jab would land Jaidon would almost be down. After Jaidon didn't finish Bika off in round 1, i knew it was almost impossible for him to win this fight.

and Gunna, FYI, the scoring in round 1 wouldn't be 8-8 or anything like that. Knockdowns aren't like point deductions, if each fighter scores one, they cancel each other out and its like it never happened. Thats why the first round was 10-9 Codrington. The KD's canceled each other out, and it was simply who won the round.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

One of my peoples was saying that Jaidon got robbed cuz the fight should have been stopped in the 1st round when Bika went down. He was saying if this was just a regular fight, the ref would have stopped the fight then since Bika was getting tagged w/o having his guard up.

Anyone agree?
Out

If this fight was stopped in the 1st, it would've been a premature stoppage, imo. Bika was definitely hurt, but was occasionally throwing back, and still had his guard up. Jaidon shoud have done more to finish him off. He got a little too wild, and didn't go to the body enough. If he would have thrown a couple shots to the body, and then shoot an uppercut between the guard, Sakio would have been absolutely starched.

I have no problem with the stoppage whatsoever, i actually think they let it go about 5-10 seconds too long at the end. Jaidon was done before the ref stopped it and took some shots he didn't need to take. I thought he was going to be hanging over the ropes again, as long as that ref was taking to get in there.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

U forgot Cotto/Mosely this week as well MANNNNNNN

I think this will be similar to when Mosley fought De La Hoya, not really comparing the two but Cotto has that great left hook to the body like De La Hoya did but it's a little stronger. Cotto has been a slow starter in a few of his more recent pro fights (Corley not that recently, Abdulev, Torres) but he's come back to destroy them. I hope it's as good a fight as everyone is making it out to be.
BigBobbsOnCampus

For everyone wondering why Dame Dash was with Codrington, he along with Lou Dibella have promoted Codrington, along with fellow Brooklyn Chin Checker Curtis Stevens, since the start of his pro career under the Dash/Dibella Promotions banner.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:
Middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik needed more than 100 stitches to close cuts on both of his hands and arms Tuesday after he accidentally put them through a kitchen window he was repairing, according to manager Cameron Dunkin.

Despite the injury, Dunkin said that Pavlik's rematch with former champion Jermain Taylor on Feb. 16 (HBO PPV) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas was not in jeopardy.

"He's fine," said Dunkin, here with Victor Ortiz, his junior welterweight prospect who faces Carlos Maussa on the undercard of the Miguel Cotto-Shane Mosley fight Saturday night (HBO PPV, 9 ET) at Madison Square Garden. "Kelly was working on his house and he was pushing on the window. It had a crack or a weak spot and he put both of his hands through it. He had cuts on both hands and arms, but the glass didn't cut didn't cut any tendons or arteries, thank God."

Dunkin said that Pavlik needed 108 stitches, which will be removed in two to three weeks.

"He'll have scars but the stitches will come out and he will be ready to train in about four weeks," Dunkin said. "He'll be OK. It does not affect the fight at all."

Dunkin said Pavlik has been doing work on his home for quite some time.

"It was an old window and he was going to put in a new screen," Dunkin said. "I said to him, 'Why are you doing this? Just buy a new house.' He goes, 'I didn't think it was that hard to do. I was just trying to get some repairs done.' "

Pavlik, 25, of Youngstown, Ohio, won the middleweight championship on Sept. 29 in Atlantic City, N.J., when he rallied from a second-round knockdown to knock out Taylor in the seventh round in one of the year's most explosive fights.

A few weeks later, Taylor (27-1-1, 17 KOs) exercised his contractual option for a rematch, which will take place at the catch weight of 166 pounds. Pavlik's title will not be at stake.

The injury, Dunkin said, will prevent Pavlik (32-0, 29 KOs) from traveling to the Cotto-Mosley fight, where promoter Top Rank had set up some media interviews for him.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I seriously hope this doesn't affect the rematch
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

Quote:
Despite the injury, Dunkin said that Pavlik's rematch with former champion Jermain Taylor on Feb. 16 (HBO PPV) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas was not in jeopardy.
-|LESGodSonC0|-
TEAMYANKEES
TEAMGIANTS

^^^^ well at least they kept the Vasquez vs Marquez rubber match on Showtime.
BigBobbsOnCampus

As a man who has put his arm through a window and required 80+ stitches to close it up I feel Kelly's pain.

Quote:
They always put the rematches on PPV.

LES, its a chance for these guys to make some more $ off of an exciting 1st match. While I dont always agree with it, I think in this case this fight will be worth the PPV price.

I know 3 months is sufficient enough time for a lot of injuries to heal, but 108 stitches :wow:
eek.gif
. Do any of you guys think it's gonna be a factor in the fight or am I making too much out of it?

As for this weekend I like Mosley by early stoppage. I respect both fighters grit and will, but I still think Cotto has a questionable chin and Sugar has the right combination, still at age 36, of speed and power to give Cotto all he wants. With all that being said I still wouldn't be surprised by a Cotto win.
I'm just tryin' to do tha opposite of left,as long as there's tha opposite of death/Ya test,and I just might bring tha opposite of life 'till there's no one tha opposite of right.

-Lupe

Cotto_Mosley_weighin.jpg
Quote:
Weights from New York:
Miguel Cotto 146.25 vs. Shane Mosley 146.25
Joel Casamayor 134 vs. Jose A. Santa Cruz 134.75
Antonio Margarito 146.25 vs. Golden Johnson 147.5
(Johnson must lose one-half pound)
Victor Ortiz 141.5 vs. Carlos Maussa 141.5
Billy Dib 128 vs. Rogers Mtagwa 127.5
Jesus Rojas 122 vs. Carlos Diaz 122
Michael Faragon 136.75 vs. Javier Garcia 136.75
Ronny Vargas 152 vs. Bryan Mullis 150.75
Venue: Madison Square Garden, NYC
Promoter: Top Rank/Golden Boy
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Quote:
When Miguel Cotto enters the ring to face Sugar Shane Mosley on Saturday night, he will do it on firm footing. The WBA welterweight champion will be wearing a super hi-tech boxing boot with a special sole made out of a Michelin rubber compound specifically designed to channel liquid away from the shoe to prevent Cotto's feet from slipping on the slick ring canvas advertisements that often cause boxers problems. In addition, the boot is supposed to provide maximum traction, allowing Cotto to firmly plant his feet before unleashing his power punches. Cotto's custom made gold shoes will feature Cottos signature logo and the Puerto Rican flag to honor his native country.
7x3nyc9.jpg
Sugar Shane Mosley​

>:
mad.gif
Damn job refused to give me the night off...and I already ordered the fight.

Bastards...

Ya'll already know who i'm with... 8)
glasses.gif
-|LESGodSonC0|-
TEAMYANKEES
TEAMGIANTS

^^^^^Yeah, Victor Ortiz' fight is opening up the broadcast. Im going with Maussa for the pure colombian factor, but i think Ortiz takes him apart. Why don't you just call in sick or something? that would suck to waste 50 bones on a fight that you wont even be able to see.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Back
Top Bottom