2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

I think the performance by Pac Man against Solis was a one time thing and he's gonna come out guns blazing.

I got Pac Man winning this one,but.........

I'll be rooting for MAB, obviously

:lol:
laugh.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:tongue:
tongue.gif
Equipo BOXEO
Let's Go White Sox!​

oh boy..traffic free once again this coming sunday here in the Phil..go manny!bunches of punches!
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

Quote:
I was watching the fight w/ him & MAB last night.

I can never get enough of watching that fight. I love Barrera for this and the guy who tossed a beer on Hamed during his entrance. It's on OnDemand if anyone has any interest in watching it...

I'm rooting for MAB. Got to root for my RAZA!!

Ariba Mexico!!
EquipoTRIcolor​
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS​
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX​
The Road To Glory!!​

Manny is moving up in weight, confirmed in Yahoo Sports to 135 Pounds, Lightweight Division.

WBA Lightweight Champion Juan Diaz
WBC Lightweight Champion David Diaz
IBF Lightweight Champion Julio Diaz

(WBO) lightweight interim champion Michael Katsidis, an undefeated orthodox Australian is the likely challenger with the boxing style to challenge Pacquiao. When entering the ring, Katsidis wears a Greek warrior helmet to show that he is proud of his Greek heritage. Known as "Katsidis The Great", the aggressive Katsidis won the interim WBO Lightweight Title with a TKO win over Graham Earl in early 2007 in a bout tagged as fight of the year. He was to have fought Joan Guzman on May 26th 2007, however sources found Guzman withdrew from the fight claiming to have a minor hand injury. Katsidis gained fame when on July 21, 2006 he beat filipino opponent Czar Amonsot who suffered a subdural hematoma, bleeding of the brain, ENDING his carreer.

This is the next fight. Manny will not fight Marquez because of the simple fact that Marquez is not a crowd drawer with a big name like Barrera. Manny will not make no $$$ fighting Marquez. $$$ will be made in the Lightweight Division. The question is will Manny be ready to take on the Lightweight division?

Pay close attention to the nike jacket he is wearing, that his new nike logo (MP) on his left.

Yahoo Sports Link

Quote:
Manny Pacquiao vs. Marco Antonio Barrera, rematch, 12 rounds, junior lightweights;

Steven Luevano vs. Antonio Davis, 12 rounds, for Luevano's WBO featherweight title;

Librado Andrade vs. Yusaf Mack, 10 rounds, super middleweights;

Steve Forbes vs. Francisco "Panchito" Bojado, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
Equipo BOXEO
Let's Go White Sox!​

Haha good interview, Manny needs to take more english classes so he could be more marketable here in the states. Come on Manny mor Monney!!!
NT - Kicks4Days
ISS - PwrGetter (tagged pics)

Manny at 135 = the end of his dominance, imo. He's just too small, and will not have the firepower at that weight. Katsidis would physically abuse Manny like he has never felt. Juan Diaz would eat Manny's shots and slowly break him down. Granted, those would be incredibly awesome fights, but i think 135 will be the end of Manny's dominance. Just my opinion though.

Got to emphasize this though, the thought of Manny vs. Katsidis or Juan Diaz has me drooling. :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

Will Manny have the power he has now at 135 pounds? Sugar Shane Mosley said Manny can take his power all the way to 147 pounds, that is an actual quote from him. I can't wait to see his new Nike robe, shorts, jacket and shoes look like.

But I do agree Katsidis forms a formidable challenge against Pacquiao. Pacquiao's handlers are trying to make this the next big fight for him provided he wins against Barrera. The sure and simple reason is that you have two boxers that will try to knock each other out. But I would rather see Katsidis VS. Juan Diaz first and then Manny takes on the winner of that match....

Quote:
oh boy..traffic free once again this coming sunday here in the Phil
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
his career at 107lbs.. he's gonna be a small lightweight.
Cebu Boxing​
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa​
TEAMSANDIEGO C H ARG E R S

I don't think Manny will do good fighting at 135 because the boxers at that weight are much better and his power won't carry over when he moves up in weight. Manny first needs to have that rematch vs Juan Manuel Marquez :pimp:
pimp.gif
before moving up to 135 pounds, but i think Manny is scared because JMM knows how to beat the Pacquiao.

Tomorrow Pacquaio vs Barrera :pimp:
pimp.gif
Team AtlantaBraves

^^ MFr3shM is that Mosley in your Avatar?
Cebu Boxing​

pacquiao fight weekends brings my family closer together than christmas or any other holiday

plus it gives me a reason to wear my filipino air forces hahah
Team Philippines​
In Pacquiao We Trust​

Quote:
Basically like a holiday here when he fights
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

those weigh in pics got me worried... manny doesn't look as cut as he normally does, he kinda looks pale (pic quality maybe), and he doesn't have his easy going smile... looks like he struggled to make weight.. hopefully i'm just over reacting and it won't carry over to the fight.
Cebu Boxing​

i just realized how big of a size diference it will be when Manny moves up to 135. He never even really fought big 130 pounders, the division has been ruled by smaller fighters moving up in weight. Morales, Barrera, Marquez, Larios etc. all started at 122 or 126. He never fought a Diego Corrales or Acelino Freitas, a big 130 pounder. I think if he ran into either of those two he would've been in huge trouble. At the top of the division there are no small 135 pounders. Katsidis, Juan Julio and David Diaz, Nate Campbell, Kid Diamond and most of the rest of the top Lightweights have been at 135 either their entire career or the vast majority. The size change is gonna be more than just the 5 pounds. The fighters are gonna be WAYYY bigger.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

Back
Top Bottom