*** 2008 NBA ALL STAR: FULL ROSTERS! (Update on Allen-Butler + RASHEED) ***

being a guard in the West is definitely not the way to make the All-Star game.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Now the question is who would you pick as your RESERVES

following the format.. 2 guards, 2 forwards, 1 center, 2 wild cards.. i'd go with..

EAST - chauncey, calderon, hedo, caron, shaq, antawn, vince

WEST - nash, paul, boozer, marion, camby, deron, roy

remember when the west came with four 7 footers and t-mac a few years back?

this year they should go with like.. duncan and four PGs.

Wait, I'm sorry, "hype"?
laugh.gif

yes, hype. the hype that point guards are the greatest thing since sliced bread. the hype that lets people believe that jason kidd should have 2mvps. the hype that allowed steve nash to win 2 mvps. you know exactly what hype i'm referring to- you have a jason kidd screen name and you are a big fanof chris paul.

people act like allen iverson fell off or something. like he's still not the answer.

That's just simply untrue.
tell me why it is untrue. i told you why i feel the way that i do, you should do the same. or maybe you're being sarcastic. it's hard totell over the internet.

roll.gif
This
18f25e97cdf53df748da30ea99f1e0c4c23d96d.gif
is a joke.

roy and paul are not having better seasons than allen iverson.

laugh.gif
OKAY
Not to mention AI isn't even a true PG.
18f25e97cdf53df748da30ea99f1e0c4c23d96d.gif
he's noteven a point guard.
West don't need any more scorers. They need a good passer. And no AI isn't a good passer. I'd take Nash, Paul, Roy > him any day.

You all are forgetting it's 2 GUARDS not 1 point guard and 1 shooting guard, so the hate on A.I. is unwarranted. That being said I still think CP3 shouldhave been voted in by the fans but the stupid heads of the NBA only have NO only playing 1 game on national TV so he doesn't have the exposure Kobe, T-Mac,A.I., Nash, etc. have

23ska909red02 wrote:

I'm going to leave this one as the thread for the All Star rosters.

indohan- when the reserves are announced, please edit your original post and add them, too.

I'll lock other All Star roster threads as I see them (like that one about Iverson beating T-Mac).

Yes, sir.

serious stuff, is brandon roy having a better season than deron williams, or are the blazers having a better season? seriously.

i have league pass, therefore, i'm going to say that for once, the fans have made the right choice. the man could be averaging 35 points, people would betalking about someone else. it's just disrespect.

^^ Blazer's better season is everyone in the team's better season.
Brandon Roy is future, so as Williams... I don't see why Chris Paul is an exception.
No doubt the 3 are very very talented young guards, but they are future...

What the #%$# is wrong with the NBA, those jerseys are pretty nice, then they go and throw another color on the back. I know they want people to buy this @$*%,so why would they ruin em. Nonsensical.
smh.gif

The west jacket is
pimp.gif

This was a thread about the All Star rosters.

When All Star Weekend is ready to happen, we'll allow an All Star Weekend thread. Our rule on games is that the thread can be made when the two teams areready to play. Are the All Stars ready to play their events? Are the dunk contestants ready to get it going? Are the 3pt. contestants ready to gun? No.

When we're ready for All Star Weekend, someone will make an All Star weekend thread, and hopefully it will be more specific than this one. Hopefully itwill have the contestants for each event and the times of each event, not just the name of the event and the date it's being played.

This started as an All Star roster thread, and that's what it is.

Now like I originally asked, when we find out the reserves, please include them in here.

Because this is an All Star roster thread.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

i refuse to buy into all this point guard hype.
Wait, I'm sorry, "hype"?
laugh.gif

roy and paul are not having better seasons than allen iverson.
That's just simply untrue.

^^ Please elaborate, in what aspect of the game are they having better seasons?? Paul averages more assist, b/c that's his job on that team...

Paul averages more assist, b/c that's his job on that team...
Iverson averages more points because that's his job on his team... What's your point? I think it's pretty hard to argue inIverson's favor that he's having a bigger impact on his team than Paul is having on his, but that's just my opinion...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Paul averages more assist, b/c that's his job on that team...
Iverson averages more points because that's his job on his team... What's your point? I think it's pretty hard to argue in Iverson's favor that he's having a bigger impact on his team than Paul is having on his, but that's just my opinion...

1st off all Iverson does much more than score on Denver, I believe a guy named Carmelo is in the top 5 in scoring in the league as well. Not to mention afew other guys who average double figures on that team. Are you seriously saying you think that Paul could average as many points as AI? If that were boththeir sole focus? Trust me if AI's job was simply to score he'd be averaging alot more than the 27ppg's he's putting up now.

2nd of all there is no other playmaker on New Orleans, if Paul doesn't distribute their done...not taking anything away from him b/c he's a fine youngplayer but don't act like he could put up AI numbers if he wasn't asked to distribute...(We're talking about a top 3 scorer in the HISTORY of thegame)

Like you said it's your opinion. Take AI off of Denver they're not sniffing a playoff spot in the west... The Rockets have a winning record andwouldn't be in the playoffs if they started today.

Like one of the dudes said above me, cats show no respect to Iverson year in and year out and act like dude has fallen off and he just keeps getting better. Dudes throw all these new cats names out there with no facts to back up their arguments.

Brandon Roy is having a fine season and it would be nice if he made the all-star team but his numbers aren't really even comparable to AI's. Not tomention AI's team has a better record. 2nd Paul is having a fine season and deserves to be an all-star but the only categories where he's beating AIconsiderably statistically is in assists, where again, that's what he does and freethrow shooting (which who cares 88 to 81 %).

His team does have a better record so if you want to say he should start I could consider that argument, but y'all acting like AI was an absurd choice. Bottom line is dude is probably one of the best you dudes have ever seen and it's sad that y'all don't recognize it, stop buying into the hype andactually watch some of these players before you make ignorant statements...

Im not really a fan of turkoglus but after he hit that game winning shot in pierce's mouth he deserves to be in the game

1st off all Iverson does much more than score on Denver
And all Chris Paul does is distribute? Oh, right. He's not leading the Hornets in scoring or leading the league in steals...
Are you seriously saying you think that Paul could average as many points as AI?
Show me where I said that. Could Allen Iverson be the floor general/distributor Paul is if that were his sole focus? No, because that's nothow Allen Iverson is wired. AI is a scorer and killer, Chris Paul is a floor general and distributor.
Take AI off of Denver they're not sniffing a playoff spot in the west...
That doesn't work both ways? Suffice to say Allen Iverson's supporting cast is miles ahead of Paul's. The Hornets are built aroundChris Paul with a bunch of second round talent (David West) and cast-offs from other teams.
Brandon Roy is having a fine season and it would be nice if he made the all-star team but his numbers aren't really even comparable to AI's.
I never argued they were.
2nd Paul is having a fine season and deserves to be an all-star but the only categories where he's beating AI statistically is in assists, where again, that's what he does and freethrow shooting (which who care 88 to 81).
To be fair, let's at least be accurate... In about 5 fewer minutes per game, Paul is better in the following categorites: Assists, Steals,FG%, 3PT%, FT%, REB, fewer TO's ... And he's doing so at a higher efficiency rating according to most every source...
y'all acting like AI was an absurd choice. Bottom line is dude is probably one of the best you dudes have ever seen and it's sad that y'all don't recognize it,
Did I once say Iverson was poor choice? No. Did I say he wasn't one of the best to ever lace em up? No. Does that have any bearing on whetheror not I feel Paul is having a bigger impact on his team THIS YEAR? No, it doesn't.
stop buying into the hype and actually watch some of these players before you make ignorant statements...
Coming from someone who implied that Chris Paul's only focus on the floor is as a distributor, that Allen Iverson holds more responsibility onthe floor for Denver than Paul did for the Hornets, and failed to bring up several categories in which Paul had an edge over Iverson... Well,
roll.gif
eyes.gif

1st off all Iverson does much more than score on Denver
And all Chris Paul does is distribute? Oh, right. He's not leading the Hornets in scoring or leading the league in steals...
Are you seriously saying you think that Paul could average as many points as AI?
Show me where I said that. Could Allen Iverson be the floor general/distributor Paul is if that were his sole focus? No, because that's not how Allen Iverson is wired. AI is a scorer and killer, Chris Paul is a floor general and distributor.
Take AI off of Denver they're not sniffing a playoff spot in the west...
That doesn't work both ways? Suffice to say Allen Iverson's supporting cast is miles ahead of Paul's. The Hornets are built around Chris Paul with a bunch of second round talent (David West) and cast-offs from other teams.
Brandon Roy is having a fine season and it would be nice if he made the all-star team but his numbers aren't really even comparable to AI's.
I never argued they were.
2nd Paul is having a fine season and deserves to be an all-star but the only categories where he's beating AI statistically is in assists, where again, that's what he does and freethrow shooting (which who care 88 to 81).
To be fair, let's at least be accurate... In about 5 fewer minutes per game, Paul is better in the following categorites: Assists, Steals, FG%, 3PT%, FT%, REB, fewer TO's ... And he's doing so at a higher efficiency rating according to most every source...
y'all acting like AI was an absurd choice. Bottom line is dude is probably one of the best you dudes have ever seen and it's sad that y'all don't recognize it,
Did I once say Iverson was poor choice? No. Did I say he wasn't one of the best to ever lace em up? No. Does that have any bearing on whether or not I feel Paul is having a bigger impact on his team THIS YEAR? No, it doesn't.
stop buying into the hype and actually watch some of these players before you make ignorant statements...
Coming from someone who implied that Chris Paul's only focus on the floor is as a distributor, that Allen Iverson holds more responsibility on the floor for Denver than Paul did for the Hornets, and failed to bring up several categories in which Paul had an edge over Iverson... Well,
roll.gif
eyes.gif

Reading is fundamental, and this is why some should spend less time on Niketalk and more understanding simple concepts such as reading comprehension.

I said "considerably" ahead. I wouldn't consider .5 tenths in steals, 1.4% in 3pt shooting, 1 rb, or 3 percent in FG% when they're bothover 45% considerable. If we want to be minute AI averages .2 more blocks per game...
tired.gif
and yes AI plays 4.4 more minutes per game, so Paul is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay moreeffecient since there's such a gap in minutes played.
You're going to use a million excuses of what you didn't say to try and defend yourinferences and implications. So I won't even waste my or anyone else's time rebuting the rest of the nonesense you quoted. All I will say is Iclearly gave credit to Paul for being a fine player and at no point did I say that he wasn't asked to do more than distribute all I saidwas he NEEDS to distribute for them to win.

So you can @#%%% and moan about who you think should be starting but the fact of the matter is AI has the spot. Period.

I said "considerably" ahead.
Really? Did you?
Upon further review... Failure.
You're going to use a million excuses of what you didn't say to try and defend your inferences and implications
laugh.gif
No I'm not. You implied what you implied. You made the blanket assumption that Chris Paul averaged more assists because that was his job.When I used the same ******ed logic for Iverson, it was 'Well, Iverson does more than score!' Implying that Chris Paul didn't...
So you can @#%%% and moan about who you think should be starting but the fact of the matter is AI has the spot. Period.
I'm *****ing and moaning? I wasn't the one calling others ignorant for their opinions or pulling out the RIF card when it wasn'tnecessary... I thought I was stating an opinion... Maybe I'm wrong.
eyes.gif

And again, did I say Allen Iverson was a poor choice? No, I didn't. I never said I thought Chris Paul deserved the spot more, either. All I said originallywas that it's tough to argue Allen Iverson is having a bigger impact on his team this year than Chris Paul is having on his. You're the one that wentoff on some serious tangent, and you've yet to dispute the initial comment with any type of logic...

roll.gif
My man actually went back and edited his post... Originally, you ain't say ANYTHING about considerably. And you still haven't disputed theoriginal comment from back before you went into your little hissy-fit...

roll.gif
My man actually went back and edited his post... Originally, you ain't say ANYTHING about considerably. And you still haven't disputed the original comment from back before you went into your little hissy-fit...

No one went back and did anything, I edited my post almost immediately after I posted it. Mainly for spacing, grammar,etc. and EVEN so it was a good 15-20mins. BEFORE any of your responses...again RIF.

Like previously stated you're not worth me wasting my time to respond to, I've already wasted precious minutes of life that I can't ever get backdealing with you. Clearly you have some issues comprehending basic concepts and no matter what I say you will use some excuse as to why it's not"logical". This will be the last time we ever do this, so let's agree to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom