*** 2008 NBA ALL STAR: FULL ROSTERS! (Update on Allen-Butler + RASHEED) ***

No one went back and did anything, I edited my post almost immediately after I posted it. Mainly for spacing, grammar,etc. and EVEN so it was a good 15-20 mins. BEFORE any of your responses...again RIF.
My apologies for starting a response to a post and not finishing it before getting up to go do something else. It won't happen again... Bottomline, when you first submitted your response, 'considerably' was not a part of it.

Quite comical how defensive and butt-hurt you're being about this whole thing. I guess I ain't realize people took this internet thing so seriously.
laugh.gif
I didn't come at you sideways one time in my responses, but I'm the one *****ing and moaning.

this is the stupid stuff i'm talking about. mvp????? over lebron? over kobe? cut that out.

steve nash has more mvps than barkley, david robinson, shaquille o'neal, hakeem, and oscar robertson (who i never saw play, but all the old heads sayhe's on par with wilt and jordan), just to name a few. if you don't see a problem with that, than debating this with any of you is pointless.

as for the impact argument, the man leads the league in minutes, is third in scoring, 11th in assists, and sixth in steals. that's more than impact, thatis domination of the ball game. chris paul is an elite point guard, but this season, he's the back up.

as for the impact argument, the man leads the league in minutes, is third in scoring, 11th in assists, and sixth in steals. that's more than impact, that is domination of the ball game. chris paul is an elite point guard, but this season, he's the back up.
AI and Paul are both having GREAT seasons. Honestly, it's crazy how Iverson's body hasn't at least started to wear down yet. He's13 (?) seasons into his career, he takes more pounding night in and out than just about anyone, as small-bodied as he is, you'd think it'd be showingat least some... I don't have an issue with Iverson starting. My issue is with people who want to automatically dismiss Chris Paul from theconversation as if he isn't deserving of that spot as well.
this is the stupid stuff i'm talking about. mvp????? over lebron? over kobe? cut that out.
The biggest thing Chris Paul has going in his favor from an MVP perspective, is that he's arguably got less talent around him than Kobe orLBJ, and he's got that team leading the toughest division in basketball, with the best record in the Western Conference. Doesn't hurt his cause thatpeople in the media and around the league LOVE the kid... At this point, Kobe and Garnett are out front, with LBJ and CP3 right behind with very little (ifany) separation between the two of them.

bafoonery.

if you say that you thought chris paul could take david west and a past his prime peja to the best record in the west at the halfwaypoint, you are a flat out liar.

the hornets.

better record than
spurs
pistons
suns
mavs
lakers
cavs

THE FRIGGIN' HORNETS.

Chris Paul = MVP

Do you guys realize Nash may not even MAKE the Reserves Roster? As Dirk might not either? Not that anyone would miss Dirk.

Gerald Wallace anyone?

Caron and Jamison won't get a fair shake because the Wiz are so middle of the road. Caron has more of a chance but still slim at best.

Do you guys realize Nash may not even MAKE the Reserves Roster?
that would be a travesty.

he's still leading the L in assists.

a career high 12 per to be exact.

he'll make it. the coaches couldnt be that stupid or blind.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

bafoonery.

if you say that you thought chris paul could take david west and a past his prime peja to the best record in the west at the halfway point, you are a flat out liar.

the hornets.

better record than
spurs
pistons
suns
mavs
lakers
cavs

THE FRIGGIN' HORNETS.

Chris Paul = MVP

You say it like the Hornets have been holding down the best record the entire 1st half. There's so much parity in the West they could easily be 6thby the end of the week. He's having a fine season but MVP talk is a little premature, at least at this point.
The same argument you're making for Paul can be said for Kobe and the Lakers...

If the Hornets have a top 2 record in the West in late March-April then myself and some others would take the talk of Paul for MVP more seriously...

KG is the MVP. But not getting into that.

Like I said before, AI deserves it. And myself, with him being late in his career, I'll enjoy watching

the hell are you talking about?

spurs
suns
pistons
mavs
nuggets

all have better records than the lakers.

explain how that could be used in the same way as the hornets/paul argument.

not to mention the lakers are in 6th not 1st.

the lakers have finished in that range for the past couple seasons so that isnt exactly incredibly surprising.
If the Hornets have a top 2 record in the West in late March-April then myself and some others would take the talk of Paul for MVP more seriously...

i certainly was not looking for your approval of my choice.

He means that the records are so close that if the Hornets lose 2 in a row they would go from 1st to 5th. The West leader has changed 4 times in the past twoweeks, with the Lakers, PHX, SA, and NO all being number 1. They don't give MVP's for the halfway point, so dude is right, IF the Hornets have one ofthe top 3 records in the West at the end of the year, then I would have no problem with CP3 being MVP. And just for the record IF their was a mid season MVPaward my vote would be: 1. CP3 (best record in the West RIGHT NOW and having a historical year 20+pts 10+ assists 3+steals) 2. Kobe (having another phenomenalseason 27, 6, 5 and his team is 12 games over .500) 3. KG (because he's playing with 2 other All-Stars, none of the other candidates have remotely theamount of help around them he does.) and 4. Lebron (he's having a monster Oscar Robinson type year, but his team is only 5 or so games over .500)

Originally Posted by bobby24K

He means that the records are so close that if the Hornets lose 2 in a row they would go from 1st to 5th. The West leader has changed 4 times in the past two weeks, with the Lakers, PHX, SA, and NO all being number 1. They don't give MVP's for the halfway point, so dude is right, IF the Hornets have one of the top 3 records in the West at the end of the year, then I would have no problem with CP3 being MVP. And just for the record IF their was a mid season MVP award my vote would be: 1. CP3 (best record in the West RIGHT NOW and having a historical year 20+pts 10+ assists 3+steals) 2. Kobe (having another phenomenal season 27, 6, 5 and his team is 12 games over .500) 3. KG (because he's playing with 2 other All-Stars, none of the other candidates have remotely the amount of help around them he does.) and 4. Lebron (he's having a monster Oscar Robinson type year, but his team is only 5 or so games over .500)

first off there is no oscar robinson, you'd better get on the google.

secondly what did you just say that i didnt?

obviously im speaking of currently. you cant hand out mvps for seasons that havent been fully played.

if you say that you thought chris paul could take david west and a past his prime peja to the best record in the west at the halfway point, you are a flat out liar.

like i said on page one, what does our perception have to do with anything? just because we thought the hornets weren't going to be great,that makes chris paul the mvp? where's the logic in that? using that, dwyane wade is the lvp- you're a liar if you would tell me that you thought theheat would be the second worst team in the league before this season started. and as said before, the hornets are like a week away from being the sixth seed.
Dwayne Wade doesn't deserve to start at all. This dudes teams is horrible.
wade is doing all he can to not make the heat be terrible. i seriously don't see how he can do any more. using the same logic, jason kiddshould not be starting either. your team should have nothing to do with the equation of being an all star. it's not their fault that their teammates suck.
the lakers were the one seed about two weeks ago. then they lost andrew bynum. now they're the sixth seed.

whenever you guys want to stop drinking the sportscenter and espn kool aid and start watching the games please let the rest of us know.

I got to go back and redo my picks I forgot there's a breakdown when choosing reserves.
EAST - chauncey, calderon, hedo, caron, shaq, antawn, vince

WEST - nash, paul, boozer, marion, camby, deron, roy
Jath c'mon
laugh.gif

Jefferson & Z should be on instead of Shaq & VC, I give you props though for the Calderon pick.
pimp.gif

spurs
suns
pistons
mavs
nuggets

all have better records than the lakers.

explain how that could be used in the same way as the hornets/paul argument.

not to mention the lakers are in 6th not 1st.

the lakers have finished in that range for the past couple seasons so that isnt exactly incredibly surprising.

i certainly was not looking for your approval of my choice.

Fall back! Lil' homey. Look at the damn standings, like I said 1-6 could change at ANY time. The Hornets barely own the best record,and the Lakers had the best record in the West just days ago. Not to mention their 2nd and 3rd best players have been out for extended periods.

As previously stated by the end of the week it could conceivably be any number of teams who own that distinction, Lakers included! There are any number of guyswho could be MVP at this point. And if you were to ask most informed basketball fans, Kobe Bryant would most certainly be at or near the topof most peoples list. My money also says that he would be above Chris Paul on 80% of those lists as well. But again you're entitled to your opinion.

Let your man's team make the playoffs or have him make the all-star team before you start talking MVP, it's still early...

that's what "the HELL I'm talking about..."

Fall back! Lil' homey.
your attempt to belittle falls considerably short and i am not your homey.

Let your man's team make the playoffs or have him make the all-star team before you start talking MVP, it's still early...
all star selections have absolutely no bearing on season awards, although paul will make the all star game.

ben wallace won dpoy before he was ever an all star.

And if you were to ask most informed basketball fans, Kobe Bryant would most certainly be at or near the top of most peoples list. My money also says that he would be above Chris Paul on 80% of those lists as well.
and what exactly makes you think you are anymore informed than me other than your own opinion?

But again you're entitled to your opinion.

strange that you make that claim but when i list a very plausible choice for the award you insinuate that i am uninformed.

who has the best record in the west right now?

blag blah blah parity blah right now. who? answer the question.

unlike you hastily assumed i am not a chris paul or hornets fan in anyway but my choice for mvp (were the award handed out today) is a player averaging 20 ppgand 10 ast on a surprise team that currently holds the best record in the west and the 2nd best in the L.

give me a logical reason that paul is not a viable candidate, other than you simply dont agree with me because you are 'informed'.

in fact dont bother because there are none.

'informed' indeed.

blazers being in the playoffs at this point > anything the west teams have accomplished with the exception of hornets

roy for all star

dude took over the 4th yet again today...

let the man play in the all star game

give me a logical reason that paul is not a viable candidate, other than you simply dont agree with me because you are 'informed'.
Anyone telling you Chris Paul is not a viable MVP candidate right now simply hasn't been paying attention. Chris Paul is having as much, ifnot more, impact on his team as anyone in basketball right now. Is he the clear-cut leader? No. Is he in the group of guys (Kobe, Garnett, LBJ, Paul) bunchedfairly close together at the top right now? There's no doubt about it.

Fall back! Lil' homey.
your attempt to belittle falls considerably short and i am not your homey.

all star selections have absolutely no bearing on season awards, although paul will make the all star game.

ben wallace won dpoy before he was ever an all star.

And if you were to ask most informed basketball fans, Kobe Bryant would most certainly be at or near the top of most peoples list. My money also says that he would be above Chris Paul on 80% of those lists as well.
and what exactly makes you think you are anymore informed than me other than your own opinion?

But again you're entitled to your opinion.

strange that you make that claim but when i list a very plausible choice for the award you insinuate that i am uninformed.

who has the best record in the west right now?

blag blah blah parity blah right now. who? answer the question.

unlike you hastily assumed i am not a chris paul or hornets fan in anyway but my choice for mvp (were the award handed out today) is a player averaging 20 ppg and 10 ast on a surprise team that currently holds the best record in the west and the 2nd best in the L.

in fact dont bother because there are none.

'informed' indeed.

1st of all you're the one who came out talking reckless. "What the hell you talking about" and such... before that no one was trying tobelittle anyone.

I made a calm and respectful post about how I felt about your claims of Paul being the MVP right now, which last time i checked this is an open forum fordiscussion. You then proceeded to call someone else's assertion that he wasn't the choice or that there could be other candidates more worthy"bufoonery" if I'm not mistaken. That led to the clear assertion that you couldn't possibly be an "informed" fan.

Several other posters then proceeded to tell you why there were other viable candidates and that Paul wasn't the flat out choice as you so claimed and thenyou went off on a tangent about the best record "RIGHT NOW" when it's clear that a game or 2 in either direction for most Western teams can landthem anywhere from 1-6.

It's funny now you simply claim Paul is a "candidate" when before you were like "Chris Paul = MVP" This man: " Insert CPaul photohere" = MVP and there was no other room for discussion. You're a funny dude.

Why don't you try putting together a calm, logical and informed explanation of how you feel rather than trying to play Mr. End-all Be-all Basketballauthority. And trust, you could never be nor would I want someone like yourself as my homey.

Proceed...

there is now way Paul isnt going to be on the West squad. I think Roy is going to be the odd man out here b/c Nash is going to make it.

Back
Top Bottom