2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Madrid got alot of big names. Individually great, but they have no legit playmakers. Kaka would be the closest to be considered one.

If I was perez, I'd rather spend that benzema money on luring either iniesta, (which i know for a fact barca wont sell) pirlo or fabregas. Give higuainroom to improve more. And for sure there's gonna be a clash of egos in the locker room sooner or later.

I'll be watching a couple of their games though, to just see them line up and take that pre-match photo
glasses.gif
. lol.

Barca needs another CB to pair with Puyol and CDM behind Iniesta and Xavi. Bojan looks promising to fill in for Henry or Eto'o. Iniesta can play the LW buthe is best at a CM. According to Rooney "The Best In The World!"

So sounds like we have no shot at Ribery. Hes one of my favorite players
tired.gif

Hopefully we can deal Deco I @$!*%@% hate him.

If we can court Pato
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dubg34

Madrid got alot of big names. Individually great, but they have no legit playmakers. Kaka would be the closest to be considered one.

If I was perez, I'd rather spend that benzema money on luring either iniesta, (which i know for a fact barca wont sell) pirlo or fabregas. Give higuain room to improve more. And for sure there's gonna be a clash of egos in the locker room sooner or later.

I'll be watching a couple of their games though, to just see them line up and take that pre-match photo
glasses.gif
. lol.
depends on what you mean by playmakers because you can argue that players like kaka, ronaldo, van der vaart, sneijder, robben, guti areplaymakers.

if you mean a traditional #10, nobody really plays with that traditional #10 anymore.

you mention pirlo and fabregas, who are both more of a deep lying playmaker. xabi alonso fits that bill.

Originally Posted by wizards23

Barca needs another CB to pair with Puyol and CDM behind Iniesta and Xavi. Bojan looks promising to fill in for Henry or Eto'o. Iniesta can play the LW but he is best at a CM. According to Rooney "The Best In The World!"
what's wrong with pique? they do need more depth. how long will rafa be out for? what's the deal with milito? is he going to stay?

and didn't they just resign toure to an extension? and they still have keita and busquet.

Originally Posted by wizards23

Barca needs another CB to pair with Puyol and CDM behind Iniesta and Xavi. Bojan looks promising to fill in for Henry or Eto'o. Iniesta can play the LW but he is best at a CM. According to Rooney "The Best In The World!"

They have Toure and Keita at CDM. If Barca don't want them I would love to have Toure at Arsenal.

roll.gif
eek.gif
at Owen heading to Old Trafford.

i don't think it's that bad of a move.

apparently, he's taking a 50% cut in wages. and his wages are heavily incentive based. and there's no transfer fee.

it's a no-lose situation, i think, for both parties.

for united:
you get a proven goal-scorer on the cheap. if he's healthy, hopefully, he can help the team and score goals.

for owen:
he gets to play in one of the big 4's. he sacrifices wages, but i'm sure at this point, he's more interested in playing and winning (and gettingback in the england side). i'm sure his preference is to return to liverpool, but there are worse places to be at than united.

Owen going to Old Trafford is great. I really like Michael Owen for the longest time. I hope he can get his career back on track and maybe see him in SouthAfrica.

Barca needs to get a new CB (Vidic) we dont' need macherano, I think Yaya Toure is the best CDM in the world. Im serious the guy was an absolute beast inthe champions League

Why would Ribery want to play in Madrid so bad. I know zizou convincing him but doesn't he know he will be a second thought on that team. He will not beappreciated there TRUST me.

Benzema's treasure[h5]
Satellite

Florentino Perez managed to get a shirt that belonged to Ronaldo for Benzema[/h5]
Christian Moya / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Marca today features an article that highlights Benzema's devotion for both Ronaldo and Real Madrid. The French striker dreamt of having a shirt that belonged to the Brazilian star when he was a child in the academy of Olympique Lyonnais. Thanks to Florentino Perez and Lyonnais President Jean-Michelle Aulas, Benzema received his idol's signed shirt.

Real Madrid and Olympique Lyonnais clashed at the Bernabeu on 23 November 2005 with Presidents Florentino Perez and Jean-Michelle Aulas in the Presidential Balcony. "I need you to do me a favour," said the latter to the former, "I have a kid that's just about to make his debut with the first team and he is nuts about Ronaldo. Could you get me a shirt signed by him?" "No problem," replied Perez, "I will personally send it to you." That kid was Karim Benzema.

A few days later, Benzema received a gift that would forever change his life: Ronaldo's shirt dedicated the following way, "For Karim. Affectionately, Ronnie." There and then, Benzema decided he would wear that same shirt in the future.

The striker made his debut with Olympique on 6 December 2005 against Rosenborg and scored his first goal in a European competition. He was still 17 years old.

laugh.gif
Guess its official... don't let his Merseyside homies see himdoing this...

I don't think its that bad. Free transfer and he took a pay cut. At the very worst, he offers some depth.

1624 BST: Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey denies reports that Leicester have made a £1.5m bid for Republic of Ireland striker Andy Keogh.
Full story: Wolverhampton Express & Star

1540 BST: Former Italy striker Christian Vieri, 35, is set to sign for Blackburn Rovers. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

1535 BST: Bayern Munich have not given up hope of signing Jose Bosingwa from Chelsea, according to their chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. (Sport Bildmagazine)

1404 BST: Chairman Jeremy Peace has hinted West Brom may be prepared to sell Paul Robinson, but only on their terms, with Bolton upping their bid to£750,000. (Bolton News)

1311 BST:Unsettled Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko is considering an offer to join Dynamo Kiev, the president of the Ukrainian champions said onFriday. (Reuters)

1048 BST: Arsene Wenger is confident Emmanuel Adebayor will remain at Arsenal, but revealed he would consider Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh as apossible replacement. (French radio station RMC)

0943 BST: PSV Eindhoven are set to discuss the possibility of signing Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink after the former Holland striker was release byCeltic this week. (Dutch newspaper Spits)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Former Liverpool and Newcastle striker Michael Owen will have to take a 50% pay cut - to £50,000-a-week - and pass a stringent medical before makinga shock move to Manchester United.
Full story: The Sun

Actually, Owen could be offered a basic wage of a paltry £20,000-a-week, with performance-related bonuses taking him close to the £110,000-a-week he earnedat Newcastle.
Full story:Daily Mail

Chelsea are the only club to have submitted a formal bid, of about £40m, for Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery - but the French international wantsto join Real Madrid.
Full story:Daily Telegraph

Real Madrid have put their bid for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso on hold, until mid-July when his former club Real Sociedad will no longer be entitled toa percentage of the fee.

Liverpool are steeling themselves for two bids worth nearly a combined £60m from Real Madrid and Barcelona for Alonso and his fellow midfielderJavier Mascherano. (Daily Telegraph)

Manchester United will make a £16m move for Sevilla's 28-year-old Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano, but face competition from AC Milan.
Fullstory: Daily Mirror

Barcelona have risked the wrath of Arsenal by making an approach for midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell is considering a shock move to Championship club Newcastle United.
Full story: Daily Star

Chelsea are close to signing Man City youngster Daniel Sturridge and and CSKA Moscow left-back Yuri Zhirkov.
Full story:Daily Telegraph

AC Milan could make a remarkable £12m bid for Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch if they fail to sign Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor.

Fulham are also keen on Pompey's giant hitman, preparing a £10m bid.
Full story: Daily Mail

Aston Villa are weighing up a potential £8m bid for 22-year-old Swedish striker Marcus Berg, who impressed at the recent Euro Under-21 Championship.

Tottenham will have to pay £12m to sign Lille's 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder Michel Bastos.
Full story: DailyMail

Goalkeeper Kelvin Davis, 32, will seal his move from Southampton to West Ham on Monday.

Hull boss Phil Brown could be set to offer veteran midfielder Dietmar Hamann a 12-month contract after he was released by Manchester City.
Full story: DailyMirror

West Brom have rejected a £2m bid from Fulham for captain Jonathan Greening. (Daily Star)

Everton are set to raid Leeds to sign highly-rated defender Luke Garbutt in a £1m deal. (Daily Star)

Wolves will complete the £2m signing of Sunderland defender Greg Halford, 24, on Friday. (The Sun)

Stoke are set to make a £5m bid for Manchester City's Zimbabwean striker Benjani.

Watford have accepted a £1.8m bid from Sheffield United for their player of the year Tommy Smith, 28. (The Sun)

Nottingham Forest are set to sign Preston's Paul McKenna and QPR's Lee Camp in the next 48 hours. (Daily Star)

Norwich are close to signing Crystal Palace striker Alan Lee, 30, in a deal which could take goalkeeper Stuart Nelson, 27, the other way. (Daily Star)

OTHER GOSSIP

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is hoping to sell the club to a Malaysian group - after a secret trip by the prospective buyers on Thursday.(Various)

Ipswich boss Roy Keane has told Bristol City manager Gary Johnson to "mind his own business" after Johnson said he thought the Tractor Boys wouldsign Lee Martin from Man Utd. (Daily Mirror)

New West Brom boss Roberto di Matteo insists he will decide on signings, not sporting director Dan Ashworth.
Fullstory: Daily Mail

AND FINALLY

In four years at Newcastle, Michael Owen started 65 games and scored 30 goals. He is reported to have cost the relegated club an eye-watering £41min fees and wages. (Various)

man u shoulda signed someone else.. yd they sign owen? hes so injury prone. plus hes passed his peak. ronaldo WAS man u's future. man u needs to findsomeone who can be their future, instead of worrying about one season. plus they shoulda offered tevez more money or something. tevez was maybe the 4th bestplayer on that team. how could fergie sit him for park? that guys terrible. i blame fergie COMPLETELY for their champions league final loss. tevez shouldastarted & maybe theyd have won. im very disappointed in fergie. smh.

Sir Alex has lost his damn mind...
laugh.gif

anyway,take some time to read this(quoted from soccernet)...pretty interesting thought on the Owen transfer:
It appears there was at least one avid reader of Michael Owen's self-gratifying sales brochure, and it just happened to be the country's most shrewd manager.

Many derided the preposterous hyperbole proffered by Owen's current management company, Wasserman Media Group, in their attempt to snare him a new club, while the only flickers of interest seemed to come from other experts at trumpet blowing; Hull manager Phil Brown and Stoke's Tony Pulis.

But Sir Alex Ferguson was clearly leafing through the 'dodgy' dossier with more than a smirk on his face. His move for Owen is typical Fergie - controversial and confronting.

Owen's inconsistent form, persistent injuries and Anfield past will have Manchester United fans choking on their cornflakes this morning. But deep down they know the Lord of Old Trafford is very rarely wrong.

Owen's lamentable spell at Newcastle culminated in their relegation to the Championship. The Toon only needed a point at Aston Villa in their last game to beat the drop, but Owen didn't even make the starting line up.

He was briefly seen in the game's latter stages, ambling around in the late May sunshine displaying the sort of purpose usually reserved for a pre-season friendly against non-league opposition.

The fact he now finds himself on the brink of a move to the current Premier League champions will bemuse and frustrate all those black-and-whites who can still bring themselves to care.

His four-year Newcastle contract ended this week, and after picking up exorbitant wages for an average of 19 games a season one fans' website declared Owen puts the "con in icon".

Perhaps his best spell at St James' Park came under Kevin Keegan at the end of the 2007-08 season.

Playing just behind Mark Viduka and Obafemi Martins, Owen scored nine goals in 14 games as the Magpies pulled clear of relegation.

In this most catastrophic of seasons on Tyneside, Owen was a passenger. His last goal came in January, despite featuring in 12 more games before the end of the campaign.

But Ferguson clearly still thinks there is life in the 29-year-old, and is confident he can reinstall the belief and desire Owen repeatedly failed to display in the North East.

Owen's malaise means United's boss can drive a hard bargain. He'll be signed for modest wages, the incentives loaded in return for plenty of games and goals.

And the manager knows in his side Owen will at least be provided with eminently better service than at Newcastle, one fact the brochure was quick to underline. After all, there's a world of difference between ammunition from Duff, Nolan and Guthrie, and Giggs, Carrick and Rooney.

Should Owen pass his medical, and stay fit, it will be fascinating to see how much face time he gets, and where he gets it.

Surely he's been identified as a starter against the weaker sides from home and abroad. One can envisage him playing away at Burnley in the Premier League, not against AC Milan in the Champions League quarter-final at Old Trafford.

Owen will look at the likes of Scholes and Giggs, as proof that life under Ferguson can be long. His pace may have long gone, but if his instinct remains he could be snaffling chances from inside the area for five years to come.

And if he doesn't, what has Fergie lost? A bit of cash, perhaps a shred of pride, but certainly no sleep. He's no stranger to a bit of earache too.

For two men who like a flutter on the horses, both are aware this is a high stakes gamble. Ask the man in street and he'll tell you the odds of it succeeding are long.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

In four years at Newcastle, Michael Owen started 65 games and scored 30 goals. He is reported to have cost the relegated club an eye-watering £41m in fees and wages. (Various)

eek.gif

rest assured United fans,he ain't gonna play the club like that...

Originally Posted by bossjulio

man u shoulda signed someone else.. yd they sign owen? hes so injury prone. plus hes passed his peak. ronaldo WAS man u's future. man u needs to find someone who can be their future, instead of worrying about one season.
that seems impossible now that all the big-name superstars are whoring themselves to Real Madrid...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bossjulio

plus they shoulda offered tevez more money or something. tevez was maybe the 4th best player on that team. how could fergie sit him for park? that guys terrible. i blame fergie COMPLETELY for their champions league final loss. tevez shoulda started & maybe theyd have won. im very disappointed in fergie. smh.
United offered him a sizeable conntract,but Tevez insisted on leaving the club...
he stated so many reasons...i swear he's as shady as Kia J...

and Park's one of the most consistent players throughout last season...
sure he had a bad CL final,but so did the rest of the team...
so it's unfair to blame the manager just for this,bro...

would have rather signed gignac or fabiano than owen. atleast owen was cheap though. hopefuly his contract is full of incentives. i hope we sign some moreplayers. owen and valencia wont fill the hole ronaldo is leaving.

1008 BST: Manchester City are closing in on Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o, with the Catalan club now appearing willing to sell the Cameroon28-year-old. (Manchester Evening News)

0853 BST: AC Milan are targeting Real Madrid striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Sevilla's Luis Fabiano. (Reuters)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester City are ready to make Chelsea defender John Terry the highest paid player in the Premier League by offering the England captain weeklywages of £300,000.

Meanwhile, Real Madrid are ready to move for fellow Blues defender Ashley Cole who has rejected a new deal at Chelsea.

Chelsea are preparing a big-money offer for Wolfsburg's goal sensation Edin Dzeko. (Daily Mirror)

Out-of-favour Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko has been offered a deal by Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev.
Full story: The Times

Liverpool will insist on taking Real Madrid striker Alvaro Negredo in a swap deal before allowing midfielder Xabi Alonso to move to theBernebau.
Fullstory: Daily Mirror

Liverpool are being put off by Udinese's £18m asking price for Swiss midfielder Gokhan Inler.
Full story: Daily Mail

Tottenham striker Darren Bent has opened talks with Sunderland and is on the verge of a £10m move to the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland's £9m keeper Craig Gordon says he is ready to stay at the club and fight for his place after falling out of favour last season.

The Black Cats are battling it out with Arsenal for the £12m signature of Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he will not stand in striker Emmanuel Adebayor's way if he wants to quit the Gunners.

Gunners striker Robin van Persie is set to end speculation linking him with a move away from Arsenal by signing a new contract that will keep him atthe club until 2014.
Full story: TheIndependent

Manchester City striker Felipe Caicedo is wanted by Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon. (The Telegraph)

Everton defender Joleon Lescott could be forced into handing in a transfer request if he is to get his £15m move to Manchester City. (DailyMirror)

Everton are ready to end the stand-off between themselves and Cardiff City and move for £5m-rated midfielder Joe Ledley.

Portsmouth are set to make a £7m bid for Olympiacos's Argentine midfielder Fernando Belluschi. (Daily Mirror)

Blackburn are set to move for veteran 35-year-old Italian striker Christian Vieri. (Daily Mirror)

Blackburn have also inquired about Paris St Germain's £2.5m-rated left-winger Jerome Rothen.

Bolton are closing in on West Brom defender Paul Robinson and Swansea midfielder Ferrie Bodde.

New Wigan manager Roberto Martinez says he has no plans to sell star midfielder Lee Cattermole, who is being targeted by Liverpool andTottenham.

Newcastle have been told they must sell striker Obafemi Martins and defender Babricio Coloccini to help smooth the sale of the club.

Meanwhile, Birmingham City are considering a loan bid for midfielder Joey Barton.

Defender Lucas Neill is ready for a U-turn and could return to Upton Park and sign a new contract at West Ham.

Birmingham are interested in Middlesbrough striker Jeremie Aliadiere who is available for around £3.5m. (Daily Mail)

Reading are set to launch a £1m bid for Nottingham Forest striker Nathan Tyson. (The Sun)

Wolves have dismissed speculation linking them with a £1.5m move for Leicester City striker Andrew Keogh.
Full story: The Independent

OTHER GOSSIP

Malaysian media mogul Ananda Krishman has been revealed as the billionaire who is hoping to buy Newcastle United.

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has vowed he will shout in Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's face if he scores against the Red Devils nextseason. (Daily Mirror)

Former West Ham striker Tony Cottee has rejoined the club as an ambassador charged with raising the Hammers' profile at home andabroad.
Full story: The Independent

AND FINALLY
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has suffered his first injury before the new season has even begun. Rooney suffered cuts and bruises tohis head after slipping on the deck of his luxury yacht in St Tropez.
Full story: DailyMirror

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has vowed he will shout in Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's face if he scores against the Red Devils next season. (Daily Mirror)
gratitude not attitude...

in any case...
United > City
the wily old Scot > the whiny Argentinian

would have rather signed gignac or fabiano than owen. atleast owen was cheap though. hopefuly his contract is full of incentives. i hope we sign some more players. owen and valencia wont fill the hole ronaldo is leaving.

I don't have anything against Owen... in fact, I felt bad for the guy for getting injured that often. But yeah, Owen and Valencia won't cut it. Iguess its a reasonable gamble, given the structure of the deal. What can we expect from a healthy Owen, 10-15 goals?

Back
Top Bottom