2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has vowed he will shout in Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's face if he scores against the Red Devils next season. (Daily Mirror)
gratitude not attitude...

in any case...
United > City
the wily old Scot > the whiny Argentinian
He did put everything he had on the field for Utd. I can't even count how many times he as scored winning goals for them. Then SAF turnsaround and benches him??? I hope Tevez scores in Old Trafford and shows SAF whats up

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has vowed he will shout in Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's face if he scores against the Red Devils next season. (Daily Mirror)
gratitude not attitude...

in any case...
United > City
the wily old Scot > the whiny Argentinian

i like carlos bu i hope alex throws a shot of scotch whiskey in his face if he does that. we got him out of west ham. would be very childish/immature thing todo. grow up carlos.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

would have rather signed gignac or fabiano than owen. atleast owen was cheap though. hopefuly his contract is full of incentives. i hope we sign some more players. owen and valencia wont fill the hole ronaldo is leaving.

I don't have anything against Owen... in fact, I felt bad for the guy for getting injured that often. But yeah, Owen and Valencia won't cut it. I guess its a reasonable gamble, given the structure of the deal. What can we expect from a healthy Owen, 10-15 goals?
if he shealthy and plays to his potential expect 15-18 league goals. i dont expect him not to get injured at some point though.

Don't worry Man Utd is getting Fabiano, Aguero, Huntleaar, and/or Ibrahimovic.

They are going to sign at least two of them. Owen just brings depth at a cheap price. I hope he gets PT. Im a huge Owen fan
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

would have rather signed gignac or fabiano than owen. atleast owen was cheap though. hopefuly his contract is full of incentives. i hope we sign some more players. owen and valencia wont fill the hole ronaldo is leaving.

I don't have anything against Owen... in fact, I felt bad for the guy for getting injured that often. But yeah, Owen and Valencia won't cut it. I guess its a reasonable gamble, given the structure of the deal. What can we expect from a healthy Owen, 10-15 goals?

i felt bad about his injuries as well, its mental thinking how highly rated he was back in 2000-01, matter of fact i believe he even won the ballon d'or.

like someone said,he does bring depth at a cheap price...
i just hope he stays injury-free(and the Owen too for that matter)...

who knows,it might also benefit Owen mentally...
toughen him up and raise his self-confidence playing alongside the likes of Rooney,Giggs,Rio and the rest of them...

even with so much doubt,you know the United fans are counting on another masterstroke from Sir Alex Ferguson...

"If Michael can stay relatively fit and be involved in 30 or so games, he can be better for United in front of goal than Tevez."

glenn hoddle at it again
laugh.gif
, lets hope hes finally right.

1734:Bayern Munich coach Louis van Gaal is looking to end the speculation surrounding in-demand midfielder Franck Ribery as hebelieves "it is not good for the club".

"It must be resolved quickly - we must solve the problem but it is not that simple," said the Dutchman. (Bild Am Sonntag)

1516: Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is trying to tempt Luis Figo out of retirement after meeting the Portuguese football legend at a golf function in theAlgarve. (Portuguese newspaper A Bola)
Full story on imscouting.com

1338 BST: Barcelona midfielder Sergi Busquets says he would welcome the arrival of Liverpool's Javier Mascherano, even though it could hamperhis chances of securing a starting place. (Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o will drop his wage demands to join Manchester United for £25m.
Full story: News of the World

Chelsea are prepared to sell captain John Terry to Manchester City for £45m.
Full story: News of theWorld

But central defender Terry will only be allowed to leave if he hands in a written transfer request.

Manchester City are said to be preparing a final £35m bid for England captain Terry.
Fullstory: Mail on Sunday

Barcelona are closing in on the signing of Liverpool's Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano.
Full story: News ofthe World

Mascherano's departure looks imminent after he fell out with Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez towards the end of last season.

New Manchester United striker Michael Owen has revealed how he would have taken a £100,000 pay cut to rejoin old club Liverpool.

Manchester United winger Nani fears for his future at the club following the arrival of Antonio Valencia. Both Atletico Madrid and Villarreal are interestedin the Portuguese 22-year-old.

New Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti is set to be handed a transfer kitty of £60m when he officially takes over on Monday.
Full story: Daily Star on Sunday

Chelsea could use some of that cash to make a move for Real Madrid winger Wesley Sneijder.

And the Stamford Bridge club could make a last-ditch attempt to sign Argentine forward Carlos Tevez who is on the verge of joining ManchesterCity.

Newcastle United are lining up a double swoop for Manchester United striker Fraizer Campbell and Manchester City forward Ched Evans.

Liverpool will have to battle it out with Real Madrid for Valencia midfielder David Silva.
Full story: Newsof the World

Real Madrid are set to bid £55m for Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery. Frenchman Ribery is also wanted by Chelsea and Manchester United.

AC Milan are ready to offer £20m plus former Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini for Gunners striker Emmanuel Adebayor.
Ribery is also wanted by Chelsea and Manchester United.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

But Adebayor's agent Stephane Courbis has said the 25-year-old will remain at the club, ending speculation of a move to Italian side AC Milan.
Full story: The Observer

AC Milan are pursuing Real Madrid striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who is also a target for Manchester United. (Sunday Times)

Everton manager David Moyes is lining up a move for Manchester United's veteran midfielder Paul Scholes.

Everton's Australian midfielder Tim Cahill has told friends he fancies a move to Italy or Spain as he is fed up with the rain in England.(Sunday Express)

Fulham are set to battle it out with Sunderland and AC Milan for Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch.

But Sunderland appear to have won the race for £14m rated England striker Crouch. (The People)

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is keeping tabs on Athletico Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente, who has been dubbed Spain's Peter Crouch.

Birmingham are interested in taking Tottenham left-back Gareth Bale on loan next season. (Daily Star on Sunday)

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is lining up a £4m bid for Norway striker Moa Abdellaoue from Valarenga.

Wigan are battling it out with Sunderland for Reading winger Stephen Hunt.

Former Arsenal and Portsmouth defender Lauren is wanted by Hull City.

Hull are also keeping tabs on Fulham striker Bobby Zamora having lost out in the race to sign Fraizer Campbell.

Bolton manager Gary Megson is preparing a £3m bid for Manchester City's Swiss midfielder Gelson Fernandes.

Middlesbrough are lining up Preston keeper Wayne Henderson as a replacement for Chelsea-bound Ross Turnbull.

West Brom boss Roberto Di Matteo is trailing Rangers midfielder Barry Ferguson as he looks to shape his new squad. (News of the World)

OTHER GOSSIP

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is drawing up plans for a European style Super League that would destroy the structure of top flight footballin England.
Full story:News of the World

A billionaire Swiss family are the latest group to be linked to a takeover of troubled south-coast side Southampton.
Full story: Mail onSunday

Former Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has been given the go-ahead to return to management after his recent health problems.

Rangers manager Walter Smith has said his players are still all available for sale despite the club's £15m Champions League windfall. (Sunday Mail)

AND FINALLY

New Manchester United striker Michael Owen says he was made to feel like a "criminal" at former club Newcastle because of all his injuryproblems at St James' Park.
Former Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez is confident he will not be viewed as a traitor by the Old Trafford faithful if he completes atransfer to the club's cross-city rivals.
Full story: ThePeople

i dotn understand why after signing for one of the best clubs in the world owen admits he would have taken 100,000 pound a week wage cut to join our biggestrivals instead. we have taken a big chanc on signing him. pretty tacky of him imo.

ETO'O NEXT FOR UNITED?
Having merked the footballing world by signing Michael Owen, it seems Manchester United are keen on bringing another striker in.

That's if you believe The News Of The World anyway.

The paper reports that Samuel Eto'o is a target for Sir Alex Ferguson, and get this - the altruistic old soul is prepared to drop those wage demands thathad even Manchester Citeh thinking twice.

Apparently Eto'o will 'be prepared' to accept a mere, piffling and paltry £150,00-a-week to join United, as opposed to the £200,000 that he wasreportedly demanding from City.

He is even willing to drop those demands for the best part of half of the transfer fee, which would amount to around £12million.

Clearly, Sam is one of the good guys.

Meanwhile, The People claims United are lining up a bid for Ashley Young, and The Sunday Times suggests that they - along with AC Milan - are after Klaas-JanHuntelaar.

TERRY COULD MOVE TO CITY
The chaps on Fleet Street really are persisting with the theory that John Terry could indeed sign for Manchester Citeh, despite Chelsea saying in no uncertainterms that they will not sell him, no way no how.

The News Of The World claims that Chelsea have given Terry an ultimatum - to ask for a transfer should he want one, and that the club are willing to dobusiness at £45million. Crivens.

Apparently this is a 'no-nonsense' tactic from Carlo Ancelotti, but the paper reports Chelse hope/believe this could all be a cunning ruse.

The paper says: 'At best they fear he will use the speculation to negotiate a new deal at Chelsea. He has three years to run on his existing £140,000 aweek contract.'

The sly old dog.

MASCH ON HIS WAY AFTER FALL-OUT?
If you believe the papers, Javier Mascherano is on his way out of Liverpool, and The Mail On Sunday thinks it knows why.

The paper reports that Mascherano and Rafa Benitez had somthing of a falling out at the tail end of last season, and the midfielder will therefore do one inthe direction of Barcelona, who are ready to pay something like £20million for his services.

The paper reports that Masch will try and force his way out of Anfield, and will probably be joined by Xabi Alonso, who will apparently move to Real Madridwith a chunky £35million going in the opposite direction.

In other Liverpool news, The People reckons they are chasing Udinese midfielder Gaetano D'Agostino, while The News Of The World mumbles something aboutDavid Silva that we've all heard before.

WHO WILL ANCELOTTI BUY? TEVEZ PERHAPS?
Carlo Ancelotti starts work at Chelsea tomorrow, so there's plenty of 2+2=5 stuff in the papers this morn.

In typically understated fashion The Star claims Ancelotti will be given £60million to spend, and a quick scoot over to The News Of The World brings news thathe might use some of that to have one last go at signing Carlos Tevez.

From what Carlitos himself is saying,it looks like Manchester Citeh are his favoured destination, but apparently Ancelotti is adhering to the 'don't ask, don't get' policy.

The NOTW also mentions that Chelsea may bid for Wesley Sneijder, one of the many marvellously talented players currently being packed into boxes and shippedout of Real Madrid.

MILAN TO CHUCK FLAMINI IN FOR ADEBAYOR
Interesting story in The Sunday Mirror this morning.

The paper reports that AC Milan are weighing up a bid for Emmanuel Adebayor (when aren't they?) but they will jazz this particular offer up with a familiarface.

The Mirror claims Milan will offer £20million plus Mathieu Flamini for Adebayor, in the hope that such an addition will seal the deal.

However, and this is a bit of a turn up, they may have a job persuading Adebayor to make the move, after his agent said he would be staying at Arsenal.

Cristiano's presentation today (Monday) at 3pm Eastern.

Its being said that 70,000 spectators will attend the presentation. There will be buses coming from Lisbon and other parts of Portugal to attend the event. Itwill be the first time that Cristiano Ronaldo steps onto the pitch of the Santiago Bernabeu. ESPN Deportes will broadcast the event live.

Originally Posted by bossjulio

man u shoulda signed someone else.. yd they sign owen? hes so injury prone. plus hes passed his peak. ronaldo WAS man u's future. man u needs to find someone who can be their future, instead of worrying about one season.
that seems impossible now that all the big-name superstars are whoring themselves to Real Madrid...
eyes.gif
true but he can try to develop nani or sign another extremely young promising talent straight outta these lower rated countries like brazil,holland, argentina. notice i said future, not just next season.
Originally Posted by bossjulio

plus they shoulda offered tevez more money or something. tevez was maybe the 4th best player on that team. how could fergie sit him for park? that guys terrible. i blame fergie COMPLETELY for their champions league final loss. tevez shoulda started & maybe theyd have won. im very disappointed in fergie. smh.
United offered him a sizeable conntract,but Tevez insisted on leaving the club...
he stated so many reasons...i swear he's as shady as Kia J...

and Park's one of the most consistent players throughout last season...
sure he had a bad CL final,but so did the rest of the team...
so it's unfair to blame the manager just for this,bro...

would u stay knowing u can start on any othr squad except for maybe barca? & maybe i am wrong to blame him completely because if ur manager puts usomewhere then u need to function or ask for a change. ronaldo had plenty of opportunities & if hes as good as he says he is maybe he should have scored.& park can have all the consistency he wants but hes nowhere near tevez in talent. & i also feel rooneys a bit more consistent than park. plus y is manu looking to sign so many ppl. they still have nani & berbatov who maybe can step up & be the leaders of the team. not to mention rooney whos a forceto be reckoned with.

1225: Bayern Munich midfielder Franck Ribery has denied reports that he wants to quite the German club for Real Madrid, but he has not completelyruled out a move.

"We have to wait and see if there is an offer coming and then sit down and talk. I do not want to say anything wrong right now," said the26-year-old.
Full story: Tz (in German)

1201: Everton are expected to make American midfielder Anton Peterlin their first summer signing after the 22-year-old impressed while on trial at GoodisonPark. Peterlin currently plays for Ventura County Fusion, who compete in the fourth tier of football in the United States. (Press Association)

1032: Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has said they are no longer interested in signing Chelsea duo Deco and Ricardo Carvalho.

"There is no doubt that they are great players, but for the moment on that front we have stopped, because looking at the squad I don'tthink there is any necessity to buy."
Full story: Corriere DelloSport (in Italian)

1015: Manchester City look set to sign Bayern Munich's Brazilian defender Lucio after appearing to miss out on John Terry.
Fullstory: Daily Mail

0935: Manchester United have an agreement in place with Bordeaux to sign 20-year-old winger Gabriel Obertan, according the French club'spresident.

"It's actually a great possibility," said Jean-Louis Triaud. "United want him and we would be delighted to see Gabriel develop insuch a club. We will make it official when the moment comes."
Full story: L'Équipe (in French)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Chelsea are willing to sell captain John Terry to Manchester City, if the Eastlands club offer £40m for the England defender.
Full story: Various

New Blues manager Carlo Ancelotti will seek face-to-face talks with Terry as the Italian officially takes charge at Stamford Bridge on Monday morning.

Only days before Manchester City had a £30m bid for Terry rejected, the Blues defender and Eastlands manager Mark Hughes stayed at the same hotelcomplex in Dubai.
Full story: The Sun

If he fails in his bid to sign Terry, Hughes will turn his attentions towards 31-year-old Barcelona defender Carles Puyol.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is keeping tabs on Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure amid growing concerns over the fitness of OwenHargreaves.
Full story: DailyMail

Arsenal have put a £40m price tag on midfielder Cesc Fabregas as they prepare themselves for a bid from Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Chelsea are set to complete the £18m signing of CSKA Moscow winger Yuri Zhirkov after the Russian flew to London for a medical.

Tottenham and Aston Villa are both interested in Sweden Under-21 striker Marcus Berg after his manager at Dutch club Groningen, Hans Nijland, admitted that"there is serious interest from two clubs".

Steve Bruce is closing in on his first signing as Sunderland manager, 29-year-old Paraguay defender Paulo Da Silva.

Bruce is also looking to bolster his striking options and is reportedly keen to sign Tottenham's Darren Bent and Portsmouth's Peter Crouch. (TheGuardian)

Tottenham have held talks with Real Madrid about signing 23-year-old striker Alvaro Negredo, who has also been linked with Liverpool in a possibleswap deal with midfielder Xabi Alonso.
Full story: The Times

Birmingham are willing to pay £25,000-a-week to take Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton on loan for the season - but that is less than half of what the26-year-old earns at St James' Park.
Full story:Daily Mirror

Mark Viduka's agent has said the 33-year-old striker is "mulling over two offers from two very good sides" having left NewcastleUnited.

Burnley manager Owen Coyle is interested in 29-year-old French winger Fabrice Pancrate, who is a free agent after his contract with Paris St Germainexpired.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Wisla Krakow forward Pawel Brozek is in talks with Fulham over a possible £3.5m move to Craven Cottage.

Former Liverpool forward Luis Garcia is wanted by Fulham, West Brom and Blackburn after being given permission to leave Atletico Madrid.

Hull City are on the verge of signing former Portsmouth and Arsenal full-back Lauren, who is without a club after being released by Pompey.

The future of Fulham defender Brede Hangeland is in doubt after the Norwegian rejected a new contract worth double his current salary.

Celtic, Hull, West Ham and Fulham will learn on Tuesday who has won the race to sign £3.8m Nancy striker Marc-Antoine Fortune. (TheHerald)

Celtic and Bolton face competition from Racing Santander as they seek to sign Real Sociedad left-back Xabi Castillo. (The Herald)

Celtic coach Neil Lennon is Stockport County's number one target for their managerial vacancy. (Daily Record)

Former Dundee manager Alex Rae is to be named Paul Ince's assistant at MK Dons. (Daily Mail)

OTHER GOSSIP

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo, who has joined Real Madrid in an £80m deal from Manchester United, says La Liga is now better than the PremierLeague because of the quality of players arriving in Spain.

Chelsea goalkeeper Peter Cech has denied claims by former Blues manager Luiz Felipe Scolari that he helped get him sacked, saying he "always had hugerespect" for the Brazilian.
Fullstory: The Independent

Fabio Capello is planning a training camp in Austria next summer to help prepare his England players for playing at altitude at the 2010 World Cupin South Africa.
Fullstory: Various

England are planning a friendly with Brazil in Qatar in November, which threatens to anger Premier League clubs during an already crowded season.

Manchester City winger Martin Petrov believes the money available to manager Mark Hughes will help City break into the Premier League's top fourand compared their situation to that of Chelsea before Roman Abramovich took control at Stamford Bridge.

The Scottish Premier League is ready to accept a television deal from Sky and ESPN worth less than half the £139m they would have received from failedbroadcaster Setanta. (Daily Express)

The Scottish Premier League is set to scrap its reserve league at its annual meeting on 16 July because of squad cutbacks. (DailyRecord)

0935: Manchester United have an agreement in place with Bordeaux to sign 20-year-old winger Gabriel Obertan, according the French club's president.
"It's actually a great possibility," said Jean-Louis Triaud. "United want him and we would be delighted to see Gabriel develop in such a club. We will make it official when the moment comes."
Laurent Blanc has gift-wrapped his best young player to his former boss...
laugh.gif

0935: Manchester United have an agreement in place with Bordeaux to sign 20-year-old winger Gabriel Obertan, according the French club's president.
"It's actually a great possibility," said Jean-Louis Triaud. "United want him and we would be delighted to see Gabriel develop in such a club. We will make it official when the moment comes."
Laurent Blanc has gift-wrapped his best young player to his former boss...
laugh.gif

Lol... I totally forgot that Blanc had a stint with Utd...

So whats up with this Obertan kid? The real deal? As advertised? or another Kleberson?

i dotn understand why after signing for one of the best clubs in the world owen admits he would have taken 100,000 pound a week wage cut to join our biggest rivals instead. we have taken a big chanc on signing him. pretty tacky of him imo.

He is, was and will always be an Anfield Road man.
He has still his "Owen"-street with his family in Liverpool.

Over 70,000 fans are in the Bernabeu.. Max Capacity is about 80,000. Unbelievable.

Edit:
eek.gif
eek.gif

Edit: THE BLACK PEARL!

I don't watch soccer too much, but Real going after Fabregas and Ribery? These guys are ridiculous. Pretty exciting off-season though.

Back
Top Bottom