2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

^^ I couldn't agree more.

^ going to be tough for Bayern to hold onto Ribery.

I expect Kaka to move and if Real doesn't land him, I think they will go the extra 5 miles to get Christiano.

As we all know expect quite a few changes at Chelsea with the arrival of Carlo.

I am anxious to see what changes Barca makes...

If Cristiano doesn't move, Ribery is the next target. Zidane has been named advisor and I'm sure he'll give his recommendations. It must be said,Hoeness is sticking to his guns so far.

The media continue to say that David Silva is a priority in the project. We'll see if that eliminates Ribery from the shortlist.

According to Sport, Barcelona is interested in Almeria's Bruno Saltor to back up Dani Alves.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ IF everyone brings their A squad.
Italy, Brazil, and the US have announced their squads. For the most part, the "A squads" are coming. Egypt is also sending their "A side". Spain have yet to announce their team but its expected most of their Euro 08 players will be back.
1rey2v.gif
1rey2v.gif
1rey2v.gif

1rey2v.gif

Midfielders: Anderson (Manchester United), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Josue (Wolfsburg), Ramires (Cruzeiro), Elano (Manchester City), Felipe Melo (Fiorentina), Julio Baptista (Roma), Kaka (AC Milan)
So where's you know who????

And how you think we (USMNT) will fair. I think we'll surprise some people...

Ronaldinho has been crap for 2 seasons now...Dunga picks players based on merit, not based on reputation or past accomplishments. If CarlosAlberto was still coach he'd probably have fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano and Romario on the squad
smh.gif

US/Egypt will be extremely lucky to finish this group with over 3 pts. Only winnable game for either team is against each other.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

anyone know what if any channel the confederatios cup will be on this summer. i guess espn has the rights for fifa competitions until like 2010.

also anyone play football manager? trying to get a few online matches together. for those that dont know its like the most addicting pc game for football.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2009
Pretty sure the matches are on ESPN. I am definitely looking forward to it. Should be a nice little tournament with some heavy hitters and the US mixed in. Should be fun.
ima go cop the game next week then

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Ronaldinho has been crap for 2 seasons now...Dunga picks players based on merit, not based on reputation or past accomplishments. If Carlos Alberto was still coach he'd probably have fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano and Romario on the squad
smh.gif

US/Egypt will be extremely lucky to finish this group with over 3 pts. Only winnable game for either team is against each other.

I still don't think Dunga is the man for the job.

Pretty much Ronaldinho needs to play regular football to ensure his place for next years WC - Luckily Leonardo is the new coach of AC Milan and will probablyremotivate his career by sitting/shipping Seedorf. I can't wait see what his plans are. I hope it involves him.. the worlds pretty much doubtingRonaldinho lol

Hopefully Ronaldo (de lima) stays fit.. dudes been to 4 WC's
sick.gif

BREAKING GOSSIP

Former Blackburn midfielder Tugay claims he will work as coach at Manchester City next season.

"I made an agreement with Manchester City and will work as a coach," the 38-year-old Tugay told Turkish television station NTV.

"To work there will be a huge step for me. When I feel strong enough, then I will begin to work as a technical director." (Lancashire EveningTelegraph 1716 BST)

Former Portsmouth manager and Arsenal legend Tony Adams has claimed on talkSPORT radio that he is close to becoming the new Celtic boss afterentering into talks with the club.
(Full story: Sport.co.uk)

Wolves are set to sign Serbia midfielder Nenad Milijas from Crvena Zvezda, beating off competition from Borussia Monchengladbach, Panathinaikos and a clubfrom Dubai.
(Full story: Setanta.com)

Roberto Martinez looks set to ask Swansea for permission to speak to Celtic over their managerial vacancy after apparently expressing interest inthe post. (Press Association 1312 BST)

Aston Villa have confirmed that midfielder Gareth Barry is in talks with Manchester City. (Sky Sports 1223 BST)

Chelsea have made an approach for AZ Alkmaar's Belgium international midfielder Moussa Dembele, according to the player's agent.
(Full story: Goal.com)

But the Blues' Peruvian forward Claudio Pizarro says he would rather not return to Stamford Bridge following a successful season on loan at WerderBremen.
(Full story:Setanta.com)

New Real Madrid president Florentino Perez believes Cristiano Ronaldo would be the ideal player for the Spanish giants and will not be put off byhis hefty price tag. (Press Association 1130 BST)

AC Milan playmaker Kaka insists he wants to stay at the San Siro. Speculation has been rife that the Brazil star, who turned down a move to Manchester Cityin January, will follow his former coach Carlo Ancelotti to Chelsea. (Press Assoctaion 0948 BST)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

New Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti has made AC Milan's Brazilian striker Pato and Portsmouth defender Glen Johnson his top targets. The Blueshave bid £30m for Pato and have offered £12m for their former player Johnson.
(Full story: The Sun)

AC Milan have hinted it will be hard for them to reject a substantial offer for their Brazilian playmaker Kaka, which could alert Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Everton manager David Moyes is offering Newcastle striker Michael Owen £50,000 a week to make the switch to Goodison Park.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)

Manchester City's Brazilian forward Robinho has ruled out a summer switch to his homeland club Santos.

Manchester United hope to sign striker Carlos Tevez on a permanent deal on Wednesday - but only on their terms.

Real Madrid will use rookie striker Negredo as bait in a bid for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso - but they will first have to buy back the forward fromAlmeria.

Birmingham have tabled a club record £6m bid for Santos Laguna's Ecuador striker Christian Benitez but face competition from several otherPremier League clubs. (The Sun)

Fulham look set to beat Portsmouth to the signing of Brazilian left-back Felip Lopes, who plays for Portuguese side Nacional. (The Sun)

Tottenham are keen to sell defender Pascal Chimbonda to Blackburn for about £3m as the Londoners chase Marseille utility man Lorik Cana, who isvalued at £5m. (Various)

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is keen to bring goalkeeper Paul Robinson back to the club, a year after he was sold to Blackburn. (Daily Star)

Sunderland will make a £5m bid for Wigan defender Titus Bramble, once Steve Bruce is installed as manager. (Daily Star)

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate wants to hand Manchester United defender Gary Neville a lead role in getting Boro back into the Premier League.

Hull boss Phil Brown is eager to sign Newcastle midfielder Kevin Nolan.

Wolves and Birmingham are set to battle for the signature of Bolton defender Danny ****tu. (Daily Mirror)

Bristol City midfielder Marvin Elliott is a £2m target for West Brom but Blackburn and Wolves are also interested. (Various)

Celtic striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink is to return to Holland, after opening signing talks with with PSV Eindhoven and FC Twente. (Daily Record)

The giant Dutch forward is also wanted by new Ajax manager Martin Jol. (Scottish Sun)

Hamilton have denied claims they will lose keeper Tomas Cerny, with Czech side Sigma Olomouc saying they have not received an agreed fee. (Daily Record)

Hamilton will give Clyde's Neil McGregor a rehabilitation deal before tabling a contract for the defender who has suffered from an ankle injury.(Daily Record)

Bristol City are set to offload striker Peter Styvar to Greek side Skoda Xanthi. (Daily Mirror)

Derby boss Nigel Clough is set to sign Exeter midfielder Dean Moxey in a £275,000 deal. (Daily Star)

Charlton are lining up a double defensive swoop, with Southend's Peter Clarke and Miguel Llera of MK Dons the targets. (Daily Star)

Gillingham are set to open talks with Oldham for midfielder Kevin Maher. (Daily Star)

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is keen on signing Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara. (Daily Star)

Leeds United look set to lose midfielder Bradley Johnson to Crystal Palace and forward Robert Snodgrass to Sheffield United. (DailyMirror)

Dunfermline and Dundee lead the chase to sign Albion Rovers striker Bobby Barr. (Daily Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich picked Italian Carlo Ancelotti as the club's new manager because he wants a yes man in charge. The Russian tycoonplans to be more hands-on at Stamford Bridge than before, deciding which players will come in and are let go.
(Full story: Daily Star)

England coach Fabio Capello has recommended under-21s manager Stuart Pearce for a new improved contract. (The Sun)

Alan Shearer still wants to become Newcastle manager on a permanent basis, despite owner Mike Ashley's sale plans causing meltdown at theclub.
(Full story: TheSun)

Former Aston Villa boss Graham Taylor believes current incumbent Martin O'Neill needs to sign five new players if the club are to challenge for aChampions League spot. (Daily Mirror)

Reading want to offer Watford boss Brendan Rogers their vacant manager's job. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham defender Lucas Neill has hinted he may stay with the club, despite rejecting one offer of a new deal. (The Sun)

Fears are growing for the viability of Setanta's financial commitment to the Scottish Premier League after the broadcaster defaulted on a £3mpayment. (The Herald)

Celtic face competition from Wigan and Real Sociedad in their pursuit of Swansea manager Roberto Martinez. (Various)

Wigan may turn to Dundee United's Craig Levein if they miss out on Martinez. (Scottish Sun)

AND FINALLY
Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra has lifted the lid on his team's pampered lifestyle - admitting he even rings someone to rush overand change a lightbulb. Evra says he can call player liaison manager Barry Moorhouse night or day.

Evra
smh.gif

And Pato to the Premiership? It'll be interesting to see how he'll cope with EPL defenders... or better yet, how EPL defenders will deal with him.

According to AS and Cadena SER.. Kaka' to Real Madrid. Done deal. 64.5 million Euro. No Real Madrid players are included in the offer. 5 year deal for theBrasilian. 50% of the player's image rights go to the Spanish club. More to come when available.

EDIT: AS has changed their headline from Total agreement to almost sealed.

Is it possible for Real Madrid to buy both C. Ronaldo and Kaka or is the President happy with signing just 1 of them? Also, who else are Real Madrid after?I'm guessing David Villa is on their radar.

They'd better get a top-tier CB and 2 starting FB's while they're at it.

They desperately need a creative midfielder, otherwise getting Kaka will be for naught.

Is it possible for Real Madrid to buy both C. Ronaldo and Kaka or is the President happy with signing just 1 of them? Also, who else are Real Madrid after? I'm guessing David Villa is on their radar.

I'll answer this shortly after I think it through. I will say this.. from what I've seen. Xabi Alonso is a definite need. However, Iwonder how Gareth Barry to Manchester City will affect this pursuit because he was the logical replacement for him at Liverpool. David Silva is also the otherdefinite interest. Villa is in the "maybe" pile because the striker position needs to be analyzed. Higuain is untouchable. Ruud van Nistelrooy hasbeen fantastic for us but he is 32 and he is coming off a serious knee injury. Personally, I'd keep him but with the new regime in, we'll see. AlvaroNegredo may be brought back but its unclear whether or not he'll be used or sold/used as transfer bait.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/
reports the deal as well.

AS has changed the headline back to Done deal.

Marca also report the deal. They say he'll be presented next week.

EDIT: AS has changed their headline to "Ancelotti stalls the signing" as Chelsea have increased their offer. Blue punks lol.

Carlos Tevez....don't sleep on the USMNT....or pardon me, don't tread.

We can knock off Italy....we should've beat them in WC06

mad.gif
I wanted to see Cristiano moved out of Old Trafford. I have notreally seen too many Milan games this year but how many more years is Kaka going to have top form? It seems like by the time he gets to Real he probablywon't be the same player.

hopefully real sign kaka'. if they sign him i cant see them signing ronaldo too. would be somewhat greedy if they did. anyway i just heard a bbc news briefon radio 1 saying that kaka' wanted to stay at milan. but then again its on a 5 hr delay.

That Kaka' "committment to Milan" press release had been predicted by Cadena SER. The Latest: Chelsea have intervened in the negotiations andhave stalled the deal which was practically sealed. The rumor now is that Chelsea are offering 80 Million Euro + 12 Million a year for Kaka' himself.. Atthat price, they can have him lol.

Barry completes £12m move to Manchester City

Gareth Barry has compleed his surprise move from Aston Villa to Manchester City for a fee of £12m.The 28-year-old England international was heavily linked with a move to Premier League rivals Liverpool last summer but the Reds were unwilling to meet Villa's asking price of £18m.
He has signed a five-year contract at Eastlands after 12 years and more than 400 games for Villa.
It is thought Barry will be paid £80,000-a-week at City.
City manager Mark Hughes is banking on Barry's experience in the domestic and international arena to take the club to the next level.
Hughes said: "Gareth is widely acknowledged as one of the top midfielders in the Premier League and that is a recommendation in itself.
"When players of his quality become available then you have to be in the market for them so we are absolutely delighted that we have been able to conclude this deal.
"The experience required to compete with the best in the Premier League is vital. With Gareth we get the experience of someone who has played week-in, week-out in the hardest league in the world.
"He plays at a level that has an impact on the game and we are thrilled that he is joining us.''
Club captain Richard Dunne, currently on Republic of Ireland duty, welcomed Barry on board.
"He is a really good player and a player the Aston Villa fans will really miss, '' said the defender.
"It shows the pulling power of the club. It's the sort of signing the manager is looking for - players with Premier League experience who can push the squad on.''
Barry has proved to be adaptable over the years and that is a trait that Hughes believes will serve City well.
"I like players that have the sort of flexibility that enables you to change your tactics if you need during a game, and Gareth has that,'' he told the club's official website.
"He also has a range of passing that I am keen to introduce to the team, and he has got great delivery at set-plays as well. He will bring a lot to City.
"I have spoken to him briefly, and I will do at greater length soon. It is clear to everybody that being at City is going to be exciting in the future, and Gareth sees that.''
Barry, currently with the England squad preparing for a World Cup qualifier in Kazakhstan on Saturday, said: "I'm delighted to be joining City.
"It didn't take much persuasion from Mark Hughes, they are heading in the direction I want to go.
"There is great potential here, and I'm sure there will be a few more additions to the squad this summer.''
Barry had been offered a lucrative new deal to keep him at Villa Park while manager Martin O'Neill and Villa owner Randy Learner had both said they would be willing to run down the 28-year-old's existing contract if it meant keeping him for another season.
Barry has previously expressed his desire to join a club in the Champions League but City finished six places and 22 points behind this season's top four, all of whom qualified for Europe's top club competition.
City did not even qualify for next season's revamped Europa League with Everton, Villa and Fulham claiming the three places for English clubs.

Liverpool got punked...
laugh.gif

he's a good signing for City...
i think he'll probably be deployed in a defensive midfield role with Stephen Ireland being pushed further up...

I dont' wanna see Kaka leave Milan, but i'd rather have him in the EPL than playing for Madrid, personally.

And I'd love to see Pato playing in england... kid is so nice.

Not too excited about this Barry signing being a Liverpool fan and all. Its a great signing for Man City but idk what Barry is trying to accomplish. Thetransfer fee was nominally less than the asking price last summer (£18m).

I thought he wanted Champions League football? He is obviously good enough for it but why settle for City? They are not even in the Europa League next season.The answer has to be the money. City is wealthy and it looks like just another sell out to me. He couldve just saw out the last year of his contract at Villabut instead he decides to sign for City?

This move has me furious. Not just the fact that he didnt sign with Liverpool but its just another example of football trying to be won by money. Barry is asellout. City is the next Chelsea buying a team to win based on no tradition or history to back it up. I cant wait to see how many City 'Fans' pop upin the next few years to support 'their team'. I cant stand this. And sadly enough its going to happen next at Pompey.

Man City
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Henri2310

Not too excited about this Barry signing being a Liverpool fan and all. Its a great signing for Man City but idk what Barry is trying to accomplish. The transfer fee was nominally less than the asking price last summer (£18m).

I thought he wanted Champions League football? He is obviously good enough for it but why settle for City? They are not even in the Europa League next season. The answer has to be the money. City is wealthy and it looks like just another sell out to me. He couldve just saw out the last year of his contract at Villa but instead he decides to sign for City?

This move has me furious. Not just the fact that he didnt sign with Liverpool but its just another example of football trying to be won by money. Barry is a sellout. City is the next Chelsea buying a team to win based on no tradition or history to back it up. I cant wait to see how many City 'Fans' pop up in the next few years to support 'their team'. I cant stand this. And sadly enough its going to happen next at Pompey.

Man City
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
i couldn't agree more...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by Henri2310

Not too excited about this Barry signing being a Liverpool fan and all. Its a great signing for Man City but idk what Barry is trying to accomplish. The transfer fee was nominally less than the asking price last summer (£18m).

I thought he wanted Champions League football? He is obviously good enough for it but why settle for City? They are not even in the Europa League next season. The answer has to be the money. City is wealthy and it looks like just another sell out to me. He couldve just saw out the last year of his contract at Villa but instead he decides to sign for City?

This move has me furious. Not just the fact that he didnt sign with Liverpool but its just another example of football trying to be won by money. Barry is a sellout. City is the next Chelsea buying a team to win based on no tradition or history to back it up. I cant wait to see how many City 'Fans' pop up in the next few years to support 'their team'. I cant stand this. And sadly enough its going to happen next at Pompey.

Man City
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
i couldn't agree more...
i couldnt agree less... hes 28... he plays on the national team

get money
pimp.gif

xblaze23 are you on soccerpulse?
Kaka to be presented next week according to Marca. imo nothing to worry about the Chelsea hijack english papers don't seem to think it will make adifference on what is almost a done deal.

Is it possible for Real Madrid to buy both C. Ronaldo and Kaka or is the President happy with signing just 1 of them? Also, who else are Real Madrid after? I'm guessing David Villa is on their radar.

It is possible. I'm not sure what Cristiano is thinking. Last summer, he indicated that he wanted to leave. Yet, he ended up succumbing to Fergeuson'swill. You just don't know with these players. Look at Kaka', just yesterday, he announces he wants to stay at AC Milan.. The next day, Galliani is inMadrid negotiating his transfer. A few points about the possiblity..

1. Banco Santander has provided a 70m Euro loan which was supposedly provided on the basis of signing Cristiano. We have to remind ourselves of the economicclimate around the world. A loan of this stature is not common during this paticular time. Cristiano Ronaldo would prove to be an excellent investmentopportunity which would explain the reasoning behind providing such a loan.

2. Former President, Ramon Calderon revealed that before he left, he had signed "one of the best players in the world." It isn't Kaka'because Florentino is negotiating the deal. Who is it then? if its true.

3. Possibly related to #2. The rumored pre-agreement between Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United forged last summer that would allow Cristiano to leavethis summer for a fixed fee of around 80m Euro. Real Madrid have denied such an agreement on their official website.

Even if Cristiano Ronaldo's fee is massive.. he'll pay for himself within a few years with 50% of his image rights. He is an investment both on and offthe pitch. Florentino has not promised him. In fact, he has said that not all players can come to Madrid and that some players are unavailable.

Kaka's transfer is not related to Cristiano Ronaldo. CR's transfer is related to Franck Ribery. That is the current dilemma. Therefore its possible.Unlikely but possible.

The players that are constantly being linked are Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Kaka', Franck Ribery, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, DavidVilla, and the latest.. Diego Forlan as Villa's alternate.

Xabi: The preferred player who can be brought in to partner Lassana Diarra. Fabregas was the ideal but Xabi is the next best thing. Excellentpasser.
Silva: Real Madrid's only two consistent wing players were Robben and Marcelo. Silva would help that immediately. Valencia will find hardto resist selling him due to their finances. Both he and Xabi would help provide the style of football that Pellegrini wants to employ and Madrid fans want tosee.
Ribery: Real Madrid rate him very highly. He wants to leave Bayern. Hoeness wants to keep him or wants a massive fee. Hes dropped a couple ofgems in recent weeks "If someone offered 40m, I wouldn't pick up the phone" or "Ribery is worth 100m." Zidane has said "we mustget him no matter what it takes" before he was officailly named adivsor.
Ibrahimovic: A total game changer. He may want a new challenge despite Inter Milan poised to dominate Serie A for years to come. Inter Milanare reportedly interest in Wesley Sneijder and other players could be used to lower the Swede's fee. Personally, I don't think he'll move. Idon't believe Mourinho would have resigned without receiving confirmation that Ibra would stay.
David Villa: Consistently at the top of La Liga's scoring charts year in, year out. Calderon wanted him last year but his 40m offer wasrejected.
Diego Forlan: Pichichi of the league, European golden boot winner, has a release clause of 36m. The player himself is exploring his optionsand is awaiting offers. He is considered the secondary option if David Villa is too expensive. I doubt Madrid moves for him. Hes 30 years old and would beshocked if 30m was paid for his services. I'd rather pay the premium to land Villa.

Defensive reinforcement: We have 2 fixed starters.. Pepe and Sergio Ramos. Pellegrini says he likes Ramos as a fullback. Ezequiel Garay iscoming to Madrid from his loan at Racing Santander. Cannavaro is gone and Heinze will most likely be sold. Salgado would be let go as well. Clichy is seen asthe ideal left back. Douglas Maicon was being mentioned but it depends on Sergio Ramos' position. Other notable links.. Albiol from Valencia and BrunoAlves from Porto.

Lastly, Florentino says there will be about 5-6 signings. Standard transfer kitty, bank loan, player sales will pay for transfers. Rumored transfer kitty of250m Euro.

/end summary

xblaze23 are you on soccerpulse?
Kaka to be presented next week according to Marca. imo nothing to worry about the Chelsea hijack english papers don't seem to think it will make a difference on what is almost a done deal.
Yeah, I check the site sometimes. Usually what I post here, I gather from direct sources like Cadena SER, AS, Marca. Allows me to practice mySpanish and Italian. I remain optimistic. I'm just reminded of when we practically had Patrick Vieira and the deal fell apart because of personal terms.Side Lowe on BBC radio seems to believe its a done deal. Remember, Jose Ramon de la Morena predicted Thursday was the presentation day.

Back
Top Bottom