2009 Nike Free Everyday, Free 5.0, and Free 3.0

^ for which shoe? isn't the free line suppose to help strengthen your feet by making it feel like you're running barefoot?

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

^ for which shoe? isn't the free line suppose to help strengthen your feet by making it feel like you're running barefoot?

Yes the first frees came with a couple dif insoles to gradually get you ready to run barefoot

Tried the blue 5.0 on at work and love them. Will be getting them and possibly another color.

i'm hoping they release a "neon" colorway of the 3.0
i just busted out my 5.0s yesterday and man i forgot how much i loved the frees
i sitll miss the OG 5.0 trainer, but these are super nice.
picked up the red and volt colorways.

Anyone purchase the 3.0 yet? I picked up two pairs of the v1 (white/blake/red & black/yellow). Love the shoe but they would rub on the back of my foot. Andyes, the whole free lineup are excellent gym shoes.

Gotta cop the 5.0 black joints
pimp.gif

These are so hot in person. I usually am not much thrilled by Nike's recent releases ("new models") but these were first off SO SO comfortableand good looking.

Originally Posted by dagreatwhun

do free's usually hit outlets?
i'm wonderin if i should get the 5.0s for 25% off now or wait...
If you're patient enough or lucky, they usually do. But in my experience they are the wack colourways no one gets (hence going to the outletfor quick sale)

I did grab a pair of 5.0 trainers for $50 though a few years back at the Crossings, PA Nike outlet & they were definitely worth it.

Originally Posted by jbv1

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I have never tried on any type of free shoe..they use to b the runner's choice of shoe the first year they made their debut..now i feel no one really buys these..

How are they for comfort free wearers?
dmxgod - I can only speak of my experience from inside the gym using the 5.0s, Dynamic TRs, etc. (for lifting & short distance running) &... they feel great. There is a marked increase in ground feel, which is advantageous when pulling weights off the ground (deadlifts) or pushing towards the ground (standing military press, etc). Great indoor gym shoe. You do not miss the Air Sole cushioing whatsoever IMHO... For running, not so much, lot of impact for heavier guys and at most I only can do a few miles/kms in them before I think I have to switch over to my Asics for real running. All you guys complaining about ripping, etc. rough on your kicks (j/k)

My ? is - why does the first pair seem inspired by tennis ball fabric?
grin.gif
Overall the 2nd & 3rd pair gets my vote
happy.gif
I haven't been to the gym in a good while..i'm about 6'2 and 225lbs..are these okay for me to run in..normally i can only go about2-3 miles but that's with breaks to go do other stuff in the gym..such as elliptical..riding the bike..liftin..things along those lines..

I am use to running in Air Max 360s for the most part..and i love the air max unit..any help would b appreciated..

I really wanna give these a try..just a lil skeptical..

I bought a pair of 5.0 Trail Free's today for $30 at a local store. They are very comfy.

Aesthetically, I like the Everyday the most, but I like the feel of the 5.0. i want to pick up the 3.0 because I wanted less support from my shoes but themidsole looks weird the way it's constructed. I think I might need to try these out in stores before any decisions are made.

Bought the 5.0 couple weeks ago for the gym. They are very comfortable and does the job.

Originally Posted by Mercutio

Aesthetically, I like the Everyday the most, but I like the feel of the 5.0. i want to pick up the 3.0 because I wanted less support from my shoes but the midsole looks weird the way it's constructed. I think I might need to try these out in stores before any decisions are made.
not gonna lie, you can't just "try on" the frees in a store and be good to go....it's one of those things where when peopledescribe it, you gotta believe it. It's not for everybody, it's definately a shoe that you gotta wear to see whats up. There isn't much cushioningand that would be an issue with a lot of people.

Lately i've been wearing my 1st gen 5.0's that i found a thrift store for 24$, i snatched them up so quick, def. brings me back good memories since iused to have this same all red suede colorway. I picked up some of the last gen free everydays and tried them around the house....didn't like how they feltthough, gonna just stick with the 5.0s and probably throw the everydays on ebay or try to sell them off eventually

For the person asking if it's best to wait for frees to hit outlets? just go to your local nordstrom rack, they're always there, under 50$....i'veeven seen co.jp ones there

For real, if it is at or around $50 it is a must cop. Great shoe going against Nike's bread & butter, "Air"

I love the Free Everyday+ 2's... I bought 1 pair for running and 1 pair for just wearing around "everyday", heh. As far as running goes, theseshoes perform well on pavement, flat maintained dirt trails, short grass, and on the tread mill (obviously). The fit is spot on, weight is light, and Zoomcushioning in the heel is perfect. I especially like the way the shoe's sole seems to grip the ground while I walk or run.

I'm inclined to try the 5.0s, but have no real desire to part from the heel Zoom that the Everydays employ.

Nike Everyday+ 2 = solid performace shoe at a great price with an adaptable asthetic appeal. I wear these shoes (black/white colorway personalized with blacklaces) with shorts, jeans, and slacks, and always feel as if they adapt to my style perfectly. I wouldn't think twice about buying another pair at retail.

i have the 5.0 free and i wore it a couple of times before i put them in storage. the orange i got was bright and i wasnt expecting the shoe to be THAT flashy.People kept eyeing me in the gym everytime i wore those shoes. I was even bothered by the bright color myself. It made me feel insecure. Im sticking to my beatup air max 90s for workouts

Back
Top Bottom