2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

Yeah Reuben can ball. He didn't break out the way I expected him to at LSU but that's mainly on his QBs than it is on him. The ability is there and he'll be able to contribute from Day 1. We needed a bigger target for Eli out there.

Yeah Reuben can ball. He didn't break out the way I expected him to at LSU but that's mainly on his QBs than it is on him. The ability is there and he'll be able to contribute from Day 1. We needed a bigger target for Eli out there.

i think the giants had a great draft considering where they drafted in each round, everything i read is they got great value far as players that can play right away in rounds 1-3 and players that are good prospects at the back end of the draft. wasnt crazy about the RB in round one because i dont really think he is that much better than Scott if at all....we need to be better than last in rushing if we expect to make the playoffs, kid should help but i was confident before the draft we would be better in the run game.
giants are going to have a hard time cutting the roster down to 53, so much talent can't hide everyone on practice team
i think boothe should be starting at LG or C, hopefully some team loses their starting center and are willing to take baas, baas is not better than boothe....i think baas was one one reese's few mistakes he had boothe on the roster should have had him take over at center

i think the giants had a great draft considering where they drafted in each round, everything i read is they got great value far as players that can play right away in rounds 1-3 and players that are good prospects at the back end of the draft. wasnt crazy about the RB in round one because i dont really think he is that much better than Scott if at all....we need to be better than last in rushing if we expect to make the playoffs, kid should help but i was confident before the draft we would be better in the run game.
giants are going to have a hard time cutting the roster down to 53, so much talent can't hide everyone on practice team
i think boothe should be starting at LG or C, hopefully some team loses their starting center and are willing to take baas, baas is not better than boothe....i think baas was one one reese's few mistakes he had boothe on the roster should have had him take over at center

Baas was nicked up all year but he was there during the playoffs and the run game improved during that time as well, not sure if anyone would take him though.

Baas was nicked up all year but he was there during the playoffs and the run game improved during that time as well, not sure if anyone would take him though.

New York Giants
Impact pick: WR Rueben Randle (second) -- He's still developing as a route-runner and will never be dynamic after the catch, but Randle has great size and deceptive speed. He can be a good vertical threat and a nice complement to Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. He needs to get stronger and work hard on the finer points of receiver play, but if Randle responds well to the environment created by head coach Tom Coughlin and QB Eli Manning he will be a big-time weapon in the passing game.
Intriguing pick: OT Brandon Mosley (fourth) -- Mosley has only been an offensive tackle since signing with Auburn out of junior college in 2010, but he started 11 games that season during the Tigers' national title run and the arrow is pointing straight up. Mosley has good size, and the athleticism to have played tight end and defensive end in junior college. He's quick, has enormous hands to lock on to defenders, a powerful upper body and a nasty streak. There are some concerns about how quickly he can absorb an NFL playbook, but if he can push for a starting job in 2013 it would be a huge boost for a team with plenty of issues up front.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just looking at his statistics, Cincinnati tight end Adrien Robinson didn't appear to do much offensively.

But the Giants were ecstatic to land a tight end who had a total of 12 catches for 183 yards and three touchdowns last season.

General manager Jerry Reese says Robinson is kind of like the "JPP of tight ends" in terms of raw athleticism and potential. That's high praise, considering Jason Pierre-Paul was a first-round project who emerged into a Pro Bowl defensive end in his second season.

"We really think this guy has a huge upside," Reese said. "He is a big, big man [with] long arms. He didn't catch a lot of balls for them. But he is kind of a late bloomer who has really come on. And we think this guy is kind of a JPP of tight ends. We like these kind of people."

The Giants believe the 6-4, 264-pound Robinson is full of "untapped" potential.

"He's a physical specimen," said Marc Ross, director of college scouting. "He ran a 4.5. He's just learning how to play football. We think he has tremendous upside. And the kid plays hard for being a former basketball player. Just didn't get a lot of chances. We think the sky is the limit. Coaching, the way we'll use him, I think he will just flourish."

And of course, when it comes to developing tight ends, few are better than tight ends coach Mike Pope, who has helped undrafted tight ends like Jake Ballard and Bear Pascoe emerge into starters.

"I don't know if he does the flips," head coach Tom Coughlin said of Robinson, in reference to Pierre-Paul's ability to do back flips. "He's got a lot of work to do to understand the pro game. He's athletic, a very, very athletic guy. It's all in front of him and we're anxious to get to work with him."

The Giants, of course, can use another tight end with Ballard and Travis Beckum recovering from torn ACLs suffered during the Super Bowl. They signed former Dallas tight end Martellus Bennett, another athletic, big player full of potential. And they have Pascoe and Christian Hopkins, who spent last season on the practice squad.

But the Giants brass could not contain its enthusiasm over landing Robinson in the fourth round.

"He is just a big, gigantic man with long arms," Reese explained of his JPP comparison. "He has got those freakish athletic numbers. When we got Jason we said, 'This guy hasn't scratched the surface.' And Jason still has a lot of learning to do [and] continuing to grow. This kid [Robinson] hasn't scratched the surface yet. He has a chance to be really something, we think."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jayron Hosley regrets failing a drug test at the scouting combine in February and says all that is behind him as he embarks on his pro career with the New York Giants.

"I definitely regret it," said Hosley, 21. "But it's something that's in the past and behind me. I'm working toward bettering myself and not letting something like this happen again ever. They trusted me and I'm thankful for that and I want to make this a worthy decision."

Hosley, a third-round pick, believes he is a great fit with his new team. He agreed with Jerry Reese's comparison to Adam "Pacman" Jones' skills on the field.

"Pacman Jones is a tremendous player, minus the off-field stuff," Hosley said. "But he's a tremendous player. When you watch him on film he's very sound in his technique. He's aggressive, a smaller guy like me. I kind of favor that. I think that’s a good comparison. I like to compare myself to Asante Samuel, Pacman, Brandon Flowers. But I think that’s a very good comparison."

Hosley is excited to continue playing with Virginia Tech teammate and college roommate, David Wilson. Hosley told reporters that the Giants' first-round pick is quick enough to chase rabbits.

"You probably heard 'em all," Hosley said of stories about the personable Wilson. "David chasing rabbits, just catching a rabbit off campus. Just a wild guy. You never know what to expect coming from David, man. He's just a guy that has a lot of energy, always running around. He's definitely a fun person."

When asked what Wilson did once he caught a rabbit, Hosley said, "He just touched it."

"He just wanted to see if he could touch it cause you know the rabbit's very quick," he added. "He just touched it and that's basically it."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Giants nab Randle, Hosley on draft's second day
MARK OSBORNE
28 April 2012 10:11

WESLEY HITT/GETTY IMAGES
Randle, who played receiver and quarterback in high school, was ranked the No. 2 recruit in the country in 2009 by Rivals.com.
Giants general manager Jerry Reese repeated his "best player available" mantra like a broken record all week. The strategy worked to perfection in Friday's second round.

New York drafted former LSU wide receiver Rueben Randle with the final pick of the second round (No. 63 overall). Randle, who was projected as an early second-round pick, fell into the Giants' eager hands.

"I really didn’t think there was a chance we were going to get him," director of college scouting Marc Ross said. "He was one of those where at the end of the [first] night you’re saying he’s going to be one of the first few guys taken in the top of the [second] round. Very surprising that he was still there."

The 6-foot-4 Randle had 53 catches for 917 yards and eight touchdowns in 2011 for the Tigers. The numbers were solid but misleading as the team cycled between two quarterbacks, both of whom struggled throwing the ball.

"The way LSU plays, they run the ball, they play defense and those two quarterbacks, to be quite honest, are not very good. So he didn’t get a lot of chances," Ross said. "When the ball came to him he was productive, but he just didn’t get a ton of chances to win games, to catch, but when they went his way he made plays."

The Giants lost third receiver Mario Manningham to the 49ers in free agency, so Randle will have a chance to step in immediately and battle for the job.

In the third round, with the No. 94 pick, the Giants selected former Virginia Tech cornerback Jayron Hosley. Hosley, like Randle, dropped in the draft, but in Hosley's case it was for a very specific reason. The corner failed a drug test at the NFL combine, but the Giants' personnel evaluators feel they did their due diligence on him.

"He did fail the [drug] test in Indianapolis," head coach Tom Coughlin said. "We’re very much aware of that and we’ve addressed that with him and we’re prepared to address that professionally as well when we do get him here."

"He’s very young. He’s 20 years old," Reese said. "He’s an early-out junior. He knows that’s a bad decision that he made and we expect better from him."

The 5-foot-10 defensive back had 59 tackles, three interceptions and two forced fumbles in his junior season. As a sophomore, he started all 13 games and had nine picks. Hosley was teammates with the Giants' first-round pick David Wilson in college.

Reese said if it weren't for his height, Hosley could have been a first-round pick.

"He’s not a big man, but this guy has athletic arrogance. He plays like a big guy," Reese said. "His skill set, years ago, kind of reminds me of Adam ‘Pacman’ Jones; he plays kind of like that. He runs in there kind of like a little linebacker. He throws himself in there. He has outstanding cover skills."

Hosley also returned punts for the Hokies and will get a look there in training camp for the Giants. He averaged 12.7 yards per return as a junior and had two returns for touchdown in his three years at Virginia Tech.

The Giants have four picks on the final day of the draft, with two at the back of the fourth round and one each at the back of the sixth and seventh rounds.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The Super Bowl-champion New York Giants got more than value and need in the NFL Draft.

They got characters, too.

First-round draft pick David Wilson does backflips and chases rabbits. Receiver Rueben Randle is coming to camp with a chip on his shoulder after a draft slip. Cornerback Jayron Hosley, the third round pick, failed his combine drug test and vows not to let it happen again

The Giants also drafted a tight end who didn't catch many passes but has Jason Pierre-Paul-type potential, two offensive linemen who had academic problems in their college careers and a German defensive tackle who speaks three languages and is still learning the game.

The bottom line for the Giants was they found prospects to replace backup running back Brandon Jacobs, receiver Mario Manningham, cornerback Aaron Ross and right tackle Kareem McKenzie.

Jacobs. Manningham and Ross signed with other teams as free agents. McKenzie remains on the market.

"From a standpoint of drafting where we were at the bottom of each round, we addressed some of the circumstances that we had to address with quality, quality people," coach Tom Coughlin said.

Wilson, Randle and Hosley are going to get a chance to contribute right away, while fourth-round pick Adrien Robinson of Cincinnati got put on the spot by general manager Jerry Reese shortly after the draft ended.

With Jake Ballard and Travis Beckum both coming off major knee injuries in the Super BowI, Robinson is going to get a shot to fill in along with Bear Pascoe and the recently signed Martellus Bennett.

Robinson's resume coming out of college is only 29 career receptions for five touchdowns playing in a spread offense in which the tight end didn't get many passes thrown his way.

The Giants, however, love the potential of the 6-foot-4, 265 pounder.

"This guy has a huge upside," Reese said. "He is a big, big man; long arms. He didn't catch a lot of balls for them. But he is kind of a late bloomer who has really come on. And we think this guy is kind of a JPP of tight ends."

Reese noted that Robinson has the same freakish athletic ability that the team saw in Pierrre-Paul, who this past season earned Pro Bowl and All Pro honors.

Reese insisted the Giants never altered from their game plan, taking the highest rated draft picks on their board. In many cases, they were able to get players they had high rated.

The general manager said Wilson was the Giants' second-rated running back in the draft and that Randle was a first-round talent who lasted until the end of the second round. He said Hosley reminded him of Adam "Pacman" Jones, a smaller cornerback who is a feisty hard hitter.

Hosley didn't say much about his failed drug test, other than it was a mistake and it won't happen again. He also knows it caused him to fall in the draft.

Talking about Wilson, his teammate at Virginia Tech, and all the stories about him was easier for Hosley.

"You probably heard 'em all. David chasing rabbits, just catching a rabbit off campus," Hosley said. "Just a wild guy. You never know what to expect coming from David, man. He's just a guy that has a lot of energy, always running around. He's definitely a fun person."

Hosley had nine interceptions in 2010 but his total slipped to three this past season.

"Truthfully I felt like the college game was getting a little too easy for me. I wanted a challenge and it was more of a challenge in the NFL," he said.

After taking Robinson with their first pick in the fourth round on Saturday, the Giants closed by taking three big bodies. Auburn offensive tackle Brandon Mosley was taken with the Giants compensatory pick in the fourth round, offensive tackle Matt McCants of Alabama-Birmingham was taken in the sixth round and North Carolina State defensive tackle Markus Kuhn was taken in the seventh round.

New York traded its fifth-round pick to Cincinnati in acquiring linebacker Keith Rivers before the draft.

Mosley, who failed to qualify for a major college coming out of high school, played two years of junior college football before joining Auburn, where he started his final 24 games at right tackle.

"Big, tough, smart; just like we like in our offensive line room," Reese said, adding he reminds the coaches of starting tackle David Diehl.

McCants started 42 of 47 games at left tackle for UAB. His missed the 2008 season after being ruled academically ineligible.

"Really a pleasant surprise when you watch him," Reese said. "You have to look at him. UAB has not been a powerhouse of football lately, but you do your homework and go in a look at this guy. He is intriguing; long, 36-inch arms. I think at the combine, he was 308. I think he is 315 now. I think he will be 325 pounds in a blink. A very interesting prospect for us."

Kuhn is a big, strong defensive tackle who reminds Reese of fiery guard Mitch Petrus.

"He is a like a buzz saw in there," Reese said. "He is big. I think he ended up with five sacks during the season. I wouldn't call him a pass rusher. But he stays busy."

NOTES: Marc Ross, the director of college scouting, said the team signed 10 free agents after the draft, including Rutgers running back Joe Martinek.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New York Giants
Impact pick: WR Rueben Randle (second) -- He's still developing as a route-runner and will never be dynamic after the catch, but Randle has great size and deceptive speed. He can be a good vertical threat and a nice complement to Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. He needs to get stronger and work hard on the finer points of receiver play, but if Randle responds well to the environment created by head coach Tom Coughlin and QB Eli Manning he will be a big-time weapon in the passing game.
Intriguing pick: OT Brandon Mosley (fourth) -- Mosley has only been an offensive tackle since signing with Auburn out of junior college in 2010, but he started 11 games that season during the Tigers' national title run and the arrow is pointing straight up. Mosley has good size, and the athleticism to have played tight end and defensive end in junior college. He's quick, has enormous hands to lock on to defenders, a powerful upper body and a nasty streak. There are some concerns about how quickly he can absorb an NFL playbook, but if he can push for a starting job in 2013 it would be a huge boost for a team with plenty of issues up front.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just looking at his statistics, Cincinnati tight end Adrien Robinson didn't appear to do much offensively.

But the Giants were ecstatic to land a tight end who had a total of 12 catches for 183 yards and three touchdowns last season.

General manager Jerry Reese says Robinson is kind of like the "JPP of tight ends" in terms of raw athleticism and potential. That's high praise, considering Jason Pierre-Paul was a first-round project who emerged into a Pro Bowl defensive end in his second season.

"We really think this guy has a huge upside," Reese said. "He is a big, big man [with] long arms. He didn't catch a lot of balls for them. But he is kind of a late bloomer who has really come on. And we think this guy is kind of a JPP of tight ends. We like these kind of people."

The Giants believe the 6-4, 264-pound Robinson is full of "untapped" potential.

"He's a physical specimen," said Marc Ross, director of college scouting. "He ran a 4.5. He's just learning how to play football. We think he has tremendous upside. And the kid plays hard for being a former basketball player. Just didn't get a lot of chances. We think the sky is the limit. Coaching, the way we'll use him, I think he will just flourish."

And of course, when it comes to developing tight ends, few are better than tight ends coach Mike Pope, who has helped undrafted tight ends like Jake Ballard and Bear Pascoe emerge into starters.

"I don't know if he does the flips," head coach Tom Coughlin said of Robinson, in reference to Pierre-Paul's ability to do back flips. "He's got a lot of work to do to understand the pro game. He's athletic, a very, very athletic guy. It's all in front of him and we're anxious to get to work with him."

The Giants, of course, can use another tight end with Ballard and Travis Beckum recovering from torn ACLs suffered during the Super Bowl. They signed former Dallas tight end Martellus Bennett, another athletic, big player full of potential. And they have Pascoe and Christian Hopkins, who spent last season on the practice squad.

But the Giants brass could not contain its enthusiasm over landing Robinson in the fourth round.

"He is just a big, gigantic man with long arms," Reese explained of his JPP comparison. "He has got those freakish athletic numbers. When we got Jason we said, 'This guy hasn't scratched the surface.' And Jason still has a lot of learning to do [and] continuing to grow. This kid [Robinson] hasn't scratched the surface yet. He has a chance to be really something, we think."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jayron Hosley regrets failing a drug test at the scouting combine in February and says all that is behind him as he embarks on his pro career with the New York Giants.

"I definitely regret it," said Hosley, 21. "But it's something that's in the past and behind me. I'm working toward bettering myself and not letting something like this happen again ever. They trusted me and I'm thankful for that and I want to make this a worthy decision."

Hosley, a third-round pick, believes he is a great fit with his new team. He agreed with Jerry Reese's comparison to Adam "Pacman" Jones' skills on the field.

"Pacman Jones is a tremendous player, minus the off-field stuff," Hosley said. "But he's a tremendous player. When you watch him on film he's very sound in his technique. He's aggressive, a smaller guy like me. I kind of favor that. I think that’s a good comparison. I like to compare myself to Asante Samuel, Pacman, Brandon Flowers. But I think that’s a very good comparison."

Hosley is excited to continue playing with Virginia Tech teammate and college roommate, David Wilson. Hosley told reporters that the Giants' first-round pick is quick enough to chase rabbits.

"You probably heard 'em all," Hosley said of stories about the personable Wilson. "David chasing rabbits, just catching a rabbit off campus. Just a wild guy. You never know what to expect coming from David, man. He's just a guy that has a lot of energy, always running around. He's definitely a fun person."

When asked what Wilson did once he caught a rabbit, Hosley said, "He just touched it."

"He just wanted to see if he could touch it cause you know the rabbit's very quick," he added. "He just touched it and that's basically it."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Giants nab Randle, Hosley on draft's second day
MARK OSBORNE
28 April 2012 10:11

WESLEY HITT/GETTY IMAGES
Randle, who played receiver and quarterback in high school, was ranked the No. 2 recruit in the country in 2009 by Rivals.com.
Giants general manager Jerry Reese repeated his "best player available" mantra like a broken record all week. The strategy worked to perfection in Friday's second round.

New York drafted former LSU wide receiver Rueben Randle with the final pick of the second round (No. 63 overall). Randle, who was projected as an early second-round pick, fell into the Giants' eager hands.

"I really didn’t think there was a chance we were going to get him," director of college scouting Marc Ross said. "He was one of those where at the end of the [first] night you’re saying he’s going to be one of the first few guys taken in the top of the [second] round. Very surprising that he was still there."

The 6-foot-4 Randle had 53 catches for 917 yards and eight touchdowns in 2011 for the Tigers. The numbers were solid but misleading as the team cycled between two quarterbacks, both of whom struggled throwing the ball.

"The way LSU plays, they run the ball, they play defense and those two quarterbacks, to be quite honest, are not very good. So he didn’t get a lot of chances," Ross said. "When the ball came to him he was productive, but he just didn’t get a ton of chances to win games, to catch, but when they went his way he made plays."

The Giants lost third receiver Mario Manningham to the 49ers in free agency, so Randle will have a chance to step in immediately and battle for the job.

In the third round, with the No. 94 pick, the Giants selected former Virginia Tech cornerback Jayron Hosley. Hosley, like Randle, dropped in the draft, but in Hosley's case it was for a very specific reason. The corner failed a drug test at the NFL combine, but the Giants' personnel evaluators feel they did their due diligence on him.

"He did fail the [drug] test in Indianapolis," head coach Tom Coughlin said. "We’re very much aware of that and we’ve addressed that with him and we’re prepared to address that professionally as well when we do get him here."

"He’s very young. He’s 20 years old," Reese said. "He’s an early-out junior. He knows that’s a bad decision that he made and we expect better from him."

The 5-foot-10 defensive back had 59 tackles, three interceptions and two forced fumbles in his junior season. As a sophomore, he started all 13 games and had nine picks. Hosley was teammates with the Giants' first-round pick David Wilson in college.

Reese said if it weren't for his height, Hosley could have been a first-round pick.

"He’s not a big man, but this guy has athletic arrogance. He plays like a big guy," Reese said. "His skill set, years ago, kind of reminds me of Adam ‘Pacman’ Jones; he plays kind of like that. He runs in there kind of like a little linebacker. He throws himself in there. He has outstanding cover skills."

Hosley also returned punts for the Hokies and will get a look there in training camp for the Giants. He averaged 12.7 yards per return as a junior and had two returns for touchdown in his three years at Virginia Tech.

The Giants have four picks on the final day of the draft, with two at the back of the fourth round and one each at the back of the sixth and seventh rounds.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The Super Bowl-champion New York Giants got more than value and need in the NFL Draft.

They got characters, too.

First-round draft pick David Wilson does backflips and chases rabbits. Receiver Rueben Randle is coming to camp with a chip on his shoulder after a draft slip. Cornerback Jayron Hosley, the third round pick, failed his combine drug test and vows not to let it happen again

The Giants also drafted a tight end who didn't catch many passes but has Jason Pierre-Paul-type potential, two offensive linemen who had academic problems in their college careers and a German defensive tackle who speaks three languages and is still learning the game.

The bottom line for the Giants was they found prospects to replace backup running back Brandon Jacobs, receiver Mario Manningham, cornerback Aaron Ross and right tackle Kareem McKenzie.

Jacobs. Manningham and Ross signed with other teams as free agents. McKenzie remains on the market.

"From a standpoint of drafting where we were at the bottom of each round, we addressed some of the circumstances that we had to address with quality, quality people," coach Tom Coughlin said.

Wilson, Randle and Hosley are going to get a chance to contribute right away, while fourth-round pick Adrien Robinson of Cincinnati got put on the spot by general manager Jerry Reese shortly after the draft ended.

With Jake Ballard and Travis Beckum both coming off major knee injuries in the Super BowI, Robinson is going to get a shot to fill in along with Bear Pascoe and the recently signed Martellus Bennett.

Robinson's resume coming out of college is only 29 career receptions for five touchdowns playing in a spread offense in which the tight end didn't get many passes thrown his way.

The Giants, however, love the potential of the 6-foot-4, 265 pounder.

"This guy has a huge upside," Reese said. "He is a big, big man; long arms. He didn't catch a lot of balls for them. But he is kind of a late bloomer who has really come on. And we think this guy is kind of a JPP of tight ends."

Reese noted that Robinson has the same freakish athletic ability that the team saw in Pierrre-Paul, who this past season earned Pro Bowl and All Pro honors.

Reese insisted the Giants never altered from their game plan, taking the highest rated draft picks on their board. In many cases, they were able to get players they had high rated.

The general manager said Wilson was the Giants' second-rated running back in the draft and that Randle was a first-round talent who lasted until the end of the second round. He said Hosley reminded him of Adam "Pacman" Jones, a smaller cornerback who is a feisty hard hitter.

Hosley didn't say much about his failed drug test, other than it was a mistake and it won't happen again. He also knows it caused him to fall in the draft.

Talking about Wilson, his teammate at Virginia Tech, and all the stories about him was easier for Hosley.

"You probably heard 'em all. David chasing rabbits, just catching a rabbit off campus," Hosley said. "Just a wild guy. You never know what to expect coming from David, man. He's just a guy that has a lot of energy, always running around. He's definitely a fun person."

Hosley had nine interceptions in 2010 but his total slipped to three this past season.

"Truthfully I felt like the college game was getting a little too easy for me. I wanted a challenge and it was more of a challenge in the NFL," he said.

After taking Robinson with their first pick in the fourth round on Saturday, the Giants closed by taking three big bodies. Auburn offensive tackle Brandon Mosley was taken with the Giants compensatory pick in the fourth round, offensive tackle Matt McCants of Alabama-Birmingham was taken in the sixth round and North Carolina State defensive tackle Markus Kuhn was taken in the seventh round.

New York traded its fifth-round pick to Cincinnati in acquiring linebacker Keith Rivers before the draft.

Mosley, who failed to qualify for a major college coming out of high school, played two years of junior college football before joining Auburn, where he started his final 24 games at right tackle.

"Big, tough, smart; just like we like in our offensive line room," Reese said, adding he reminds the coaches of starting tackle David Diehl.

McCants started 42 of 47 games at left tackle for UAB. His missed the 2008 season after being ruled academically ineligible.

"Really a pleasant surprise when you watch him," Reese said. "You have to look at him. UAB has not been a powerhouse of football lately, but you do your homework and go in a look at this guy. He is intriguing; long, 36-inch arms. I think at the combine, he was 308. I think he is 315 now. I think he will be 325 pounds in a blink. A very interesting prospect for us."

Kuhn is a big, strong defensive tackle who reminds Reese of fiery guard Mitch Petrus.

"He is a like a buzz saw in there," Reese said. "He is big. I think he ended up with five sacks during the season. I wouldn't call him a pass rusher. But he stays busy."

NOTES: Marc Ross, the director of college scouting, said the team signed 10 free agents after the draft, including Rutgers running back Joe Martinek.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/v...12-Draft/0a96ac68-afb1-494e-97a8-dd9e033424a5

[h1] [/h1]

APRIL 29, 2012, 7:47 AM[h3]Giants Say Adrien Robinson Is the Pierre-Paul of Tight Ends[/h3]By TONI MONKOVIC
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/giants/

A smile creased General Manager Jerry Reese’s face Saturday when he began discussing Adrien Robinson, the Cincinnati tight end whom the Giants selected with the final pick in the fourth round, the 127th selection over all.

After all the hard work of viewing and reviewing tape, this is the joy of the draft: discovering a hidden treasure. Or at least thinking you’ve discovered a hidden treasure. Robinson had a miniscule 12 catches last season.

But he’s big (6-4, 267 pounds) and strong and fast, and Reese, not exactly given to Rex Ryan-like pronouncements, said, “We think this guy is kind of a JPP of tight ends.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/v...12-Draft/0a96ac68-afb1-494e-97a8-dd9e033424a5

[h1] [/h1]

APRIL 29, 2012, 7:47 AM[h3]Giants Say Adrien Robinson Is the Pierre-Paul of Tight Ends[/h3]By TONI MONKOVIC
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/giants/

A smile creased General Manager Jerry Reese’s face Saturday when he began discussing Adrien Robinson, the Cincinnati tight end whom the Giants selected with the final pick in the fourth round, the 127th selection over all.

After all the hard work of viewing and reviewing tape, this is the joy of the draft: discovering a hidden treasure. Or at least thinking you’ve discovered a hidden treasure. Robinson had a miniscule 12 catches last season.

But he’s big (6-4, 267 pounds) and strong and fast, and Reese, not exactly given to Rex Ryan-like pronouncements, said, “We think this guy is kind of a JPP of tight ends.

New York Giants Undrafted Free Agents 2012: Joe Martinek Of Rutgers On The List
by Ed Valentine on Apr 29, 2012 7:47 AM EDT in New York Giants News

Patrick McDermott - Getty ImagesMore photos »
Joe Martinek (38) of Rutgers has apparently signed with the Nw York Giants as an undrafted free agent. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)
The 2012 NFL Draft is over, and the undrafted free agent signing frenzy is in full swing. Here is the list of reported signings by the New York Giants -- via NFL.com -- as of 7 a.m. ET Sunday morning.

Matt Broha, DE, Louisiana Tech [Scouting Report]
David Douglas, WR, Arizona [Scouting Report]
Janzen Jackson, S, McNeese State
Joe Martinkek, RB, Rutgers [Scouting Report]
Jojo Nicolas, S, Miami [Scouting Report]
Adewale Ojomo, DE, Miami [Scouting Report]
Julian Talley, WR, UMass [Scouting Report]

Giants Director Of College Scouting Marc Ross said the team had signed 10 UDFAs and was done with the process. We will update you with the rest of the names when they become available.

Martinek, the local kid from Rutgers, will of course draw interest. Here is Giants' Director of College Scouting Marc Ross talking about Martinek:

"We had him at the local day," Ross said. "We've been to tons of Rutgers games. He's just a gritty, hard-nosed football player. He's played fullback, he's played running back, done whatever they asked. He worked out really well. Can really catch the ball. A guy you can throw in at any position there in the backfield and he'll not miss a beat."

Being from UMass Talley will -- of course -- draw plenty of comparisons to the last UDFA wide receiver the Giants took from that school --Victor Cruz.

We will try to keep you updated throughout the day. If you hear of signings please drop them into the comments. Be aware, though, there is a lot of misinformation floating around about the UDFAs.

New York Giants Undrafted Free Agents 2012: Joe Martinek Of Rutgers On The List
by Ed Valentine on Apr 29, 2012 7:47 AM EDT in New York Giants News

Patrick McDermott - Getty ImagesMore photos »
Joe Martinek (38) of Rutgers has apparently signed with the Nw York Giants as an undrafted free agent. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)
The 2012 NFL Draft is over, and the undrafted free agent signing frenzy is in full swing. Here is the list of reported signings by the New York Giants -- via NFL.com -- as of 7 a.m. ET Sunday morning.

Matt Broha, DE, Louisiana Tech [Scouting Report]
David Douglas, WR, Arizona [Scouting Report]
Janzen Jackson, S, McNeese State
Joe Martinkek, RB, Rutgers [Scouting Report]
Jojo Nicolas, S, Miami [Scouting Report]
Adewale Ojomo, DE, Miami [Scouting Report]
Julian Talley, WR, UMass [Scouting Report]

Giants Director Of College Scouting Marc Ross said the team had signed 10 UDFAs and was done with the process. We will update you with the rest of the names when they become available.

Martinek, the local kid from Rutgers, will of course draw interest. Here is Giants' Director of College Scouting Marc Ross talking about Martinek:

"We had him at the local day," Ross said. "We've been to tons of Rutgers games. He's just a gritty, hard-nosed football player. He's played fullback, he's played running back, done whatever they asked. He worked out really well. Can really catch the ball. A guy you can throw in at any position there in the backfield and he'll not miss a beat."

Being from UMass Talley will -- of course -- draw plenty of comparisons to the last UDFA wide receiver the Giants took from that school --Victor Cruz.

We will try to keep you updated throughout the day. If you hear of signings please drop them into the comments. Be aware, though, there is a lot of misinformation floating around about the UDFAs.

Bein a knicks fan is tough, but at least this thread still makes me happy
laugh.gif

Eli on Saturday Night Live this Saturday for anyone that cares. Might watch on hulu or something the next day to see how he does in a few skits even though that show really sucks. 

Looking forward to Eli on SNL.

WE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

He carried the show like he did with the Gmen, they have some awful writers.

I'm sure SNL has clips up on their website by now... I liked 2-3 skits

Back
Top Bottom