2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

I'll take it.

Looking at those highlights, the kid is explosive. AND we filled a NEED...y'all can't expect Bradshaw to handle a full load.

In Reese we trust.

On a side-note...Osi needs to get traded tomorrow.

I'll take it.

Looking at those highlights, the kid is explosive. AND we filled a NEED...y'all can't expect Bradshaw to handle a full load.

In Reese we trust.

On a side-note...Osi needs to get traded tomorrow.

^

If anything, to play his $*+ off and up his value...

Cause Reese ain't giving him that damn contract.
laugh.gif

Read Wilson's biggest issue is fumbling...who better than Coach Coughlin to fix that.
pimp.gif

^

If anything, to play his $*+ off and up his value...

Cause Reese ain't giving him that damn contract.
laugh.gif

Read Wilson's biggest issue is fumbling...who better than Coach Coughlin to fix that.
pimp.gif

I like the pick.. Definitely needed a RB. Dude looks like a Bradshaw 2.0 in that highlight vid.
Still want to see Da'Rel Scott get some burn though 

I like the pick.. Definitely needed a RB. Dude looks like a Bradshaw 2.0 in that highlight vid.
Still want to see Da'Rel Scott get some burn though 

I'm more concerned that he can catch out the backfield, as long as he can do that, and be shifty, I like the pick.

where do we go in round 2 now? Trade up for Stephen Hill?

I'm more concerned that he can catch out the backfield, as long as he can do that, and be shifty, I like the pick.

where do we go in round 2 now? Trade up for Stephen Hill?

Kiwi signs extension, Osi must be upset.
http://boards.giants.com/.../forum/posttitlebg.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-right-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-bottom-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-left-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 12px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">[h4]
/boards.giants.com/Themes/default/images/forum/posttitlebg.gif);">http://boards.giants.com/.../forum/posttitlebg.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-right-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-bottom-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-left-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 12px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">[h4]GIANTS SIGN MATHIAS KIWANUKA TO THREE-YEAR, $ 16.5 MILLION CONTRACT EXTENSION THROUGH 2015[/h4]
http://boards.giants.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=2548726/boards.giants.com/Themes/default/images/forum/Reply.gif);">http://boards.giants.com/...images/forum/Reply.gif); background-position: 1px 1px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Reply http://boards.giants.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=2548726&Quote=True/boards.giants.com/Themes/default/images/forum/Quote.gif);">http://boards.giants.com/...images/forum/Quote.gif); background-position: 1px 1px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Quote
[/h4]

[table][tr][td]
GIANTS SIGN MATHIAS KIWANUKA TO THREE-YEAR, $ 16.5 MILLION CONTRACT EXTENSION THROUGH 2015

"If Osi Umenyiora was unhappy with his situation the other day, he can't possibly be pleased with the news the Giants slipped through the back door recently.
The team signed linebacker/defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka to a three-year contract extension through the 2015 season, according to NFL Players Association records. (Good eyes by Ralph Vacchiano, who noted the extension first.)

According to someone who viewed the contract details, the total value of the contract is $21.75 million over four years. The "new" money is $16.5 million over three years (2013-15). Kiwanuka received a signing bonus of $8.5 million and gets $10.95 million in guarantees.

In an email, Umenyiora only addressed his pleasure his teammate and friend, not his situation.

"Well, I can say I'm happy for Kiwi, that's for sure," Umenyiora wrote. "He deserves it, after all he has been through. It's a good move by them."

A few minutes later, he added, "It's business. I don't feel anything but happy for Kiwi honestly. My situation will take care of itself soon."

Kiwanuka had signed a two-year deal last summer while an unrestricted free agent following a neck issue that kept him out of the final 13 games of the 2010 season. He was scheduled to earn $4 million in base salary this season but that figure has now been lowered to $950,000.

Kiwanuka's base salaries for 2012-15 are: $2.95 million, $4.375 million and $4.775 million.

(I'm waiting on the full numbers on the deal. Will get them to you as soon as possible.)

Kiwanuka, 29, had only 3½ sacks last season but was credited with a career-high 84 tackles and was a big part of the team's run defense by keeping containment on the outside. He also proved his herniated disk was not an issue despite plenty of repeated contact with opposing blockers and ball carriers. He participated in 77.9 percent of the team's defensive snaps.

Why this extension was kept on the hush for this long and not leaked is unclear at this point.

One other contract note: DT Shaun Rogers deal is for the veteran minimum, as expected: one year,
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
$925,000.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kiwi signs extension, Osi must be upset.
http://boards.giants.com/.../forum/posttitlebg.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-right-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-bottom-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-left-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 12px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">[h4]
/boards.giants.com/Themes/default/images/forum/posttitlebg.gif);">http://boards.giants.com/.../forum/posttitlebg.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-right-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-bottom-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); border-left-color: rgb(185, 194, 220); padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 12px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">[h4]GIANTS SIGN MATHIAS KIWANUKA TO THREE-YEAR, $ 16.5 MILLION CONTRACT EXTENSION THROUGH 2015[/h4]
http://boards.giants.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=2548726/boards.giants.com/Themes/default/images/forum/Reply.gif);">http://boards.giants.com/...images/forum/Reply.gif); background-position: 1px 1px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Reply http://boards.giants.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=2548726&Quote=True/boards.giants.com/Themes/default/images/forum/Quote.gif);">http://boards.giants.com/...images/forum/Quote.gif); background-position: 1px 1px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Quote
[/h4]

[table][tr][td]
GIANTS SIGN MATHIAS KIWANUKA TO THREE-YEAR, $ 16.5 MILLION CONTRACT EXTENSION THROUGH 2015

"If Osi Umenyiora was unhappy with his situation the other day, he can't possibly be pleased with the news the Giants slipped through the back door recently.
The team signed linebacker/defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka to a three-year contract extension through the 2015 season, according to NFL Players Association records. (Good eyes by Ralph Vacchiano, who noted the extension first.)

According to someone who viewed the contract details, the total value of the contract is $21.75 million over four years. The "new" money is $16.5 million over three years (2013-15). Kiwanuka received a signing bonus of $8.5 million and gets $10.95 million in guarantees.

In an email, Umenyiora only addressed his pleasure his teammate and friend, not his situation.

"Well, I can say I'm happy for Kiwi, that's for sure," Umenyiora wrote. "He deserves it, after all he has been through. It's a good move by them."

A few minutes later, he added, "It's business. I don't feel anything but happy for Kiwi honestly. My situation will take care of itself soon."

Kiwanuka had signed a two-year deal last summer while an unrestricted free agent following a neck issue that kept him out of the final 13 games of the 2010 season. He was scheduled to earn $4 million in base salary this season but that figure has now been lowered to $950,000.

Kiwanuka's base salaries for 2012-15 are: $2.95 million, $4.375 million and $4.775 million.

(I'm waiting on the full numbers on the deal. Will get them to you as soon as possible.)

Kiwanuka, 29, had only 3½ sacks last season but was credited with a career-high 84 tackles and was a big part of the team's run defense by keeping containment on the outside. He also proved his herniated disk was not an issue despite plenty of repeated contact with opposing blockers and ball carriers. He participated in 77.9 percent of the team's defensive snaps.

Why this extension was kept on the hush for this long and not leaked is unclear at this point.

One other contract note: DT Shaun Rogers deal is for the veteran minimum, as expected: one year,
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
$925,000.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Great pick, dropped down pretty late, just have to get some younger O-linemen to help the rushing attack.

Great pick, dropped down pretty late, just have to get some younger O-linemen to help the rushing attack.

I'm disgusted with Osi, I know it's business and of course he wants money but everything I'm reading it sounds like he's not even up for negotiating. I'm a huge fan and I'm a be crushed if he leaves but it's starting to sound like he's out, especially after giving Kiwi that extension. I just don't understand how we can't agree to an extension. He had a great year last year and a great career, we should be able to give him something close to what he's looking for.
I like the Rueben pick, I like the Wilson pick too but I'm a little skeptical on him. 

I'm disgusted with Osi, I know it's business and of course he wants money but everything I'm reading it sounds like he's not even up for negotiating. I'm a huge fan and I'm a be crushed if he leaves but it's starting to sound like he's out, especially after giving Kiwi that extension. I just don't understand how we can't agree to an extension. He had a great year last year and a great career, we should be able to give him something close to what he's looking for.
I like the Rueben pick, I like the Wilson pick too but I'm a little skeptical on him. 

i doubt the giants would be willing to give osi more than 5 or 6 mil a year.....smart to give kiwi the extension over osi.....dont forget they have to sign nicks/cruz/phillps.....i think next season canty/boley get cut......whats snees contract situation? we might have to pay him as well dont think they should pay jpp until 2014 but if jpp improves jpp/agent will force the giants to give him new contract next season
how much cap room does the giants have? i say just give osi 2 more mil to shut him up

i doubt the giants would be willing to give osi more than 5 or 6 mil a year.....smart to give kiwi the extension over osi.....dont forget they have to sign nicks/cruz/phillps.....i think next season canty/boley get cut......whats snees contract situation? we might have to pay him as well dont think they should pay jpp until 2014 but if jpp improves jpp/agent will force the giants to give him new contract next season
how much cap room does the giants have? i say just give osi 2 more mil to shut him up

So we went after Jayron Hosley with out third rounder. Probably my favorite pick we've made so far. The secondary play has been shaky the past few seasons IMO so I think it's about time we start revamping. We still have to address the offensive line though and that's something that I felt we should've addressed since last years draft.

So we went after Jayron Hosley with out third rounder. Probably my favorite pick we've made so far. The secondary play has been shaky the past few seasons IMO so I think it's about time we start revamping. We still have to address the offensive line though and that's something that I felt we should've addressed since last years draft.

Back
Top Bottom