* 2011 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Bears flatlining, Vikes dead, Lions escape, Packers hiccup *

Im down for Fantasy, I dont think my buddy is havin one this year so i need to find a league. Im not doin an auction though.

I already won the NTNFCN Fantasy league last year, so it's only fair I repeat again, right?
wink.gif

Only cuz I aint play homeboy ^ 
wink.gif
 Count me in for the fantasy draft 
pimp.gif

NO MORE MCKINNIE 
pimp.gif
 That alone is another win for the vikes 7-9 with no where but up to go. 

As the season approaches I am certain we will be MUCH better than last year, whether that is enough, we shall see. 

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Are we having a Fantasy Football league this year?

yea I'll start 1 mine will be auction if y'all don't like that somebody else make a snake draft I just think auction is better. And please please if you know you can't keep up with the league don't join don't know when but the draft will be on a Sunday
I'll be down but what's an auction?
Also, we should put down some funds or something to make it competitive...just thoughts.

Auction allows you the chance to get anybody you want. Everybody starts off with 200 how and when you spend it is all up too you. Unlike snake drafts you don't feel like you already lost when you enter the draft room and see you drafting 9th
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The ends always get more bang for there pick due to the back to Back picks so it's not a surprise you won from there.

But like I said

being able to bid on players > being slotted into a spot

Just makes it that much funnier seeing who gets a steal or over paid and so on.

I am down for a fantasy league. Never done an auction draft but will give it a try, and even if I do suck I am not going to give up. I stay shuffling those garbage players around and getting lucky.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]10 games that have gotten a lot more interesting[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2011, 12:03 AM EDT

Vikings at Seahawks, August 20.

Before getting to the 10 regular-season games, let’s consider one preseason game.  With the Seahawks swiping receiver Sidney Rice (whom the Vikings wanted to keep) and quarterback Tarvaris Jackson (whom they didn’t), this one could have a little more spice than a normal exhibition contest.

Jackson will have something to prove to everyone who doubted him, including the folks in Minnesota who preferred to put him on the bench the past two years in favor of Brett Favre — even though one of those folks was former Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, now the offensive coordinator in Seattle.

With these two teams not playing in the regular season and with the Vikings facing a tough road to the playoffs, this will be the only chance for Jackson and Rice to make their former employer regret letting them get away.

Packers at Panthers, September 18.

With Cam Newton possibly on track to be the starting quarterback out of the gates in Carolina and with the Panthers spending a ton of money in the hopes of getting better quickly, they’ll get an early look at how they stack up with the best of the best when the Packers come to town in Week Two.

Like every team playing the Packers this season, the Panthers will bring their proverbial A-game.  And even though there’s a chance that this season could end up as another D-minus in Charlotte, they play the Packers at a time when it’ll be way too early for a bad record to kill interest in the game.

Given what new coach Ron Rivera has been able to do to Peyton Manning when Rivera ran the defense in San Diego, it would be unwise to assume that the Packers will blow out the Panthers.

Packers at Falcons, October 9.

The Eagles, given a slew of new arrivals on defense, hope to get past the Packers by containing their offense.  The Falcons, with the addition of Julio Jones and Jacquizz Rodgers via the draft, instead hope to outscore it.

With the Falcons last week adding defensive end Ray Edwards, who knows a thing or two about chasing Aaron Rodgers around from Edwards’ time in Minnesota, the Falcons also may be better suited to keep the Packers under 40 points this year.

Vikings at ********, December 24.

The ******** benched Donovan McNabb twice last year.  This year, they traded him to Minnesota for a gently used pair of wrestling shoes, and an extra pair of laces.

McNabb claims that he no longer finds motivation in a desire to prove people wrong, but it’s safe to say that McNabb will want nothing more than to go to Washington, beat the ********, and then tell Mike Shanahan to stick the game ball in his trophy case.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Im down for Fantasy, I dont think my buddy is havin one this year so i need to find a league. Im not doin an auction though.

Agreed...not down for an auction.

Since training camp has started and a lot of the quality FA have been picked up, here's my predicitons

Packers 12-4
Lions 10-6
Vikings 7-9
Bears 5-11 (Yes I'm still bitter about the first game last year)

Aaron Rodgers will win MVP
Calvin Johnson will have 20 TD's
Matthew Stafford will play all 16 games, throw over 4,000 yards with 33 TD's
Cliff Avril will have 12 sacks

I'm also down for a fantasy league but not an auction, did it that way a couple years ago with college buddies and it turned into a disaster, though it was pure joy to make fun of my boy for spending so much on Tom Brady and him being hurt all season.

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

Since training camp has started and a lot of the quality FA have been picked up, here's my predicitons

Packers 12-4
Lions 10-6
Vikings 7-9

I'm also down for a fantasy league but not an auction, did it that way a couple years ago with college buddies and it turned into a disaster, though it was pure joy to make fun of my boy for spending so much on Tom Brady and him being hurt all season.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The rest became null and void after reading that.

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Packers 12-4
Lions 10-6
Vikings 7-9

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They'll be better then the Bears, I guarantee that.

count me in, but not down for an auction. someone create a league . live online draft.
btw who's going to lions games this year? just got my ticket for the MNF game.

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Packers 12-4
Lions 10-6
Vikings 7-9

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They'll be better then the Bears, I guarantee that.

Exactly, I can't see the Bears having a good year

I might make a league tonight if I have time, if not and there isn't one by Tuesday I will make one then since that is my day off. Will be a live online snake format draft, draft takes place sometime during the 3rd or 4th week of pre season.

the way the injuries are looking for the offensive line i wonder how are we going to run the ball and protect mr glass cannon

My one and only fantasy team.... I would like to hear some opinions on how I did.

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Chris Johnson
RB- Peyton Hillis
WR- Marques Colston
WR- Anquan Boldin
WR- Kenny Britt
TE- Vernon Davis

That's the core. 10-man league...

I love Brees, Johnson, and Davis

but not sure if Hillis will duplicate what he did last year, the WR's aren't as strong either, outside of Colston. Boldin was very difficult to deal with last year, he'd stink it up one week then go off the next, it was frustrating at times. Britt is also a question mark to me since he's an idiot off the field, who knows what he might get into at any stage of the season, he does have a great upside, esp. now that he has a QB that can get him the ball, we all saw what Hasselbeck did with Mike Williams last year. Overall it's a solid team with a few question marks in the WR area. Love the QB and TE picks though. Chris Johnson will do his thing, just Hillis i'm not too certain on.

Back
Top Bottom