2012 Camaro ZL1 >>_____________

I borrowed a friend's Camaro SS for a week...  Was pretty uncomfortable with the seats, lack of rear view visibility, and my head touching the ceiling, lol...  which is why I pushed through with an 08 GT500 instead.  Looking forward to the ZL1 vs 2013 GT500 performance numbers though.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

good thing Chevys dont hold value, I will pick up the 2012 Camaro ZL1 for 15k in 2019
laugh.gif
that's just the base models. 

give me a blue gt500 and i'll void the warranty when i supercharge it with pulleys and an exhaust.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

it possible he saw one but it was probably a SS.

i actually did see the ZL1 a week ago, it was red but some parts of the car were covered in the camouflage they use on cars. Im in michigan so you see cars early all the time.

Thats literally the most illogical post ive ever read. So YOU saw one, but I didnt? ha, clown. The whip had the laptop setup and everything. Theyve been testing this car and letting mags whip it on streets for months. Its hardly a big deal to see one of these so close to release.

oh a basic camaro with ricers fins, and some more HP oh why didn't anyone who bought a stock one and fixed it up them self think of this?

oh ok American made cars always do it. cars/cell phones all the same dont buy the first one the .5 version of it will be out in a couple months.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

good thing Chevys dont hold value, I will pick up the 2012 Camaro ZL1 for 15k in 2019
laugh.gif

chevys wit power and heritage hold value b.

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

oh a basic camaro with ricers fins, and some more HP oh why didn't anyone who bought a stock one and fixed it up them self think of this?

oh ok American made cars always do it. cars/cell phones all the same dont buy the first one the .5 version of it will be out in a couple months.
e6935429e3b831ec5d952e82a08220beb44b67a.gif

LSA engine (baby ls9) making 580horses

performance traction manangement from da corvette

larger brakes

magnetic ride suspension

more aerodynamic

active exhaust that free flows wide open when you hit da throttle from da vette

gummy Goodyear super car tires...yea

super car # for about da price of decently trimmed luxury car.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Where do those upgrades put the GT500 numbers wise?
Depends on what size pulley you get and which GT500 were talking about. The one that came out in 07 came with 500 horsepower, 2013 version is making 650, these are straight from Ford. With a pulley, tune, and CAI i'd say you net about 80-100 horsepower from the 07-11 model years, somewhere in that ballpark. I've seen modded 07 GT500s running a turbo on top of the supercharger already in it pushing 1,000+ horsepower
sick.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Where do those upgrades put the GT500 numbers wise?
Depends on what size pulley you get and which GT500 were talking about. The one that came out in 07 came with 500 horsepower, 2013 version is making 650, these are straight from Ford. With a pulley, tune, and CAI i'd say you net about 80-100 horsepower from the 07-11 model years, somewhere in that ballpark. I've seen modded 07 GT500s running a turbo on top of the supercharger already in it pushing 1,000+ horsepower
sick.gif
eek.gif
that block probably cracks within a 100 miles
laugh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

people hating on the new american cars as of late. usually its these import guys riding the gtr. fast and furious was 10 years ago. that phase is gone and imports aint like they used to be back then.

Nothing wrong with the ZL1, but I don't see the need to compare it to high end cars.  The ZL1 is a modded camaro... it's supposed to offer cheap thrills.  Nobody shopping for a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, R8, etc, is going to consider a Camaro.  But if your budget doesn't allow for a highend sports car, the ZL1 is more affordable.  But just like GM proved with the ZR1... they will flood the market with the car and depreciation will be horrible.  GM will likely soon offer ZL1 parts on all the other Camaros making the ZL1 even less special.

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

people hating on the new american cars as of late. usually its these import guys riding the gtr. fast and furious was 10 years ago. that phase is gone and imports aint like they used to be back then.
especially when they rollin around in front wheel drive economy cars
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by voodoo

Nothing wrong with the ZL1, but I don't see the need to compare it to high end cars.  The ZL1 is a modded camaro... it's supposed to offer cheap thrills.  Nobody shopping for a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, R8, etc, is going to consider a Camaro.  But if your budget doesn't allow for a highend sports car, the ZL1 is more affordable.  But just like GM proved with the ZR1... they will flood the market with the car and depreciation will be horrible.  GM will likely soon offer ZL1 parts on all the other Camaros making the ZL1 even less special.
To be honest, depreciation on most cars is pretty horrible.  I mean you have your exceptions like the Hondas and Toyota's but nearly all cars have horrible depreciation, especially luxury cars like BMWs and Benzes.

Originally Posted by cguy610

To be honest, depreciation on most cars is pretty horrible.  I mean you have your exceptions like the Hondas and Toyota's but nearly all cars have horrible depreciation, especially luxury cars like BMWs and Benzes.
Sure, cars aren't investments but some manufacturers monitor the demand and only supply just enough so the resale value stays high (for a while).  GM has no such strategy, they just keep throwing out cars no matter if they are sitting on dealer lots with no buyers. Then they have to offer 0% financing and cash rebates just to beg people to buy the cars.  So if the brand new ones are heavily discounted what do you think happens to the used ones?  I had a ZR1 and I was lucky enough to sell it right before GM offered the 0% financing and the rebates.  I don't see myself buying another GM product anytime soon.  Not that their cars are horrible... I just don't like the way the company operates.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by kiendienn

but you know the car to compare it to is the GTR
ZL1 - 

0-60 - 3.9s

1/4 Mile - 12s

GTR - 

0-60 - 2.9s

1/4 mile - mid to low 11s

I just did a quick google, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless, both cars look beautiful

MSRP from $89,950
NO!!!

Compare it to the GT500 mustang, Z06 Corvette and others in the 55-70 grand range. 
if you're going to compare it to an R8, might as well compare it to the GTR
I never compared it to the R8 a 110+ thousand dollar car. I say 50-70 grand cars

Originally Posted by cguy610

Sure, cars aren't investments but some manufacturers monitor the demand and only supply just enough so the resale value stays high (for a while).  GM has no such strategy, they just keep throwing out cars no matter if they are sitting on dealer lots with no buyers. Then they have to offer 0% financing and cash rebates just to beg people to buy the cars.  So if the brand new ones are heavily discounted what do you think happens to the used ones?  I had a ZR1 and I was lucky enough to sell it right before GM offered the 0% financing and the rebates.  I don't see myself buying another GM product anytime soon.  Not that their cars are horrible... I just don't like the way the company operates.
so because da company offers deals you have a problem with that? first time i heard of such a problem ..

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom