2012 Camaro ZL1 >>_____________

2012-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-002%2B%25282%2529.jpg

faster then a R8, M3, CLS AMG, C63 AMG, etc.

and its only 60k
pimp.gif

[h1]Eight hours with a 2012 ZL1 Camaro[/h1]
Written by: Dennis Pittsenbarger on February 28 2012 12:37 PM

http://8   [img]http://stblogs.hotrod.com/wp-content/themes/sim-parent-theme/img/pinit.png[/img]

ZL1_63441-623x414.jpg

Imagine if you will, driving into Virginia International Raceway and seeing sights like this…

…and this, four track ready 2012 ZL1 Camaros wait for their time to impress both on and off the track.

This is how I spent the last 36-hours of my life and there is no reason for this but the obligation to share this incredible experience with everyone from Chevrolet nuts, to Camaro junkies and fans of performance both old and new regardless of their brand loyalties…

After a quick orientation with the staff from both V.I.R. and GM I opted for the street driving section of the test day in hopes of the track warming up in the cold of the Virginia morning.

Compromise is sometimes a word that labels performance vehicles and in the case of the ZL1 it’s a label it would have to shed to convince me that a car set up for track use would be nothing short of annoying on a mild drive though the countryside.

In some ways I was wrong and in some I was right. The heavily bolstered seats hug you like a grandmother grasps her first grandchild, but not to the point where you feel constricted. The control placement and dash array are easy to read and finding a good rock station wasn’t all that hard once I got on the road and for the record I was in a automatic which made the ease of trolling down the back roads of Virginia that much easier.

After a few miles I started to figure out that if you just lay back, don’t attack every apex and let the ZL1 be a regular car that it’s not all that brutish or harsh. Sure there is road noise, sure there is limited rearward visibility but aren’t these thing we already know about the Camaro? I say yes…so after jumping from River Bend Rd. and onto State Route 764 and pulling back into V.I.R. with the feeling that if I was lucky enough to own a ZL1 the quirks would disappear with every trip to the track and that was what I was about to do…it’s what I really came here to do.

Once again I listened to the V.I.R. staff and ZL1 test drivers give us the orientation to what we were being handed – a loaded gun. First came “lead and follows

Thsi car in all black is going to be
pimp.gif
:pimp:. The ZL1 is going to be a true beast.

The 2013 Mustang GT500 is going to belt out 650hp to counter this ZL1, I'm glad they're trying to up each other. Pure American power > all

I need to test drive this thing. I’m not sure if I’d take it over the CTS-V coupe though.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

and its only 60k
pimp.gif

60k for an American car... Im good
Speed is not everything, how is the handling? Bet you R8, M3 and a AMG will have better handling than a Camaro.

Originally Posted by TransAm

Thsi car in all black is going to be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. The ZL1 is going to be a true beast.

The 2013 Mustang GT500 is going to belt out 650hp to counter this ZL1, I'm glad they're trying to up each other. Pure American power > all
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

I need to test drive this thing. I’m not sure if I’d take it over the CTS-V coupe though.
its more powerful and got next generation magnetic ride control (not even da ZR1 has that yet) and its cheaper....umm ill take da camaro
happy.gif

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

and its only 60k
pimp.gif

60k for an American car... Im good
Speed is not everything, how is the handling? Bet you R8, M3 and a AMG will have better handling than a Camaro.
how about da magnetic ride control that R8 uses and ferrari uses is licensed out from GM..so yea, its gonna handle just as good if not better
tongue.gif

so yea...you wrong.

I've been trying to rent different ill whip lately on my business trips.

Love the Dodge Charger.
Wasn't a big fan of the Challenger
I like Mustangs.

But the Camaro, even though it's tight inside, was a *%++@+@ BEAST on the road. Handles lovely, pick up was crazy. I murdered Florida highways last week.

Originally Posted by PLVN

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Front-View.jpg
formidable, but its not track ready AND under warranty..Ford wants you to cop more things and if you do, they'll void it
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif

AND its still got a live axle...and magnetic ride control in da camaro >>>

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Dodge-Challenger_SRT8_392_2012_1600x1200_wallpaper_06.jpg
i was gonna make another thread on it, but you know Dodge wont be updating da challenger? heard its one and done...they bringing back da cuda' as its replacement under

da brand new SRT brand.

Originally Posted by scshift

I'd definitely like one all blacked out 
pimp.gif

The Nissan GT-R though...
too much nanny controls for my liking....u can turn everything completely off in da ZL1

Originally Posted by PLVN

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Front-View.jpg
formidable, but its not track ready AND under warranty..Ford wants you to cop more things and if you do, they'll void it
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif

AND its still got a live axle...and magnetic ride control in da camaro >>>
The Boss 302 has a live axle and no magnetic ride control and murders cars around a track double its price. A regular 5.0 GT with the track package kept up with an M3 around a track, the Boss demolishes it.  And whats this Ford wants you to cop more things for it and if you do you void your warranty. Only thing i know that Ford has like that is if you buy the supercharger add on for a regular GT that voids your warranty, nothing for the GT500.

Back
Top Bottom