2013 Ford Shelby GT500 - 662hp/631 lb-ft tq = $55k

rather have...

2011-cadillac-cts-v-sport-wagon.jpg

All things considered id still pick a ZL1 over this because

Da track suspension is nearly a 4k option on this car, meanwhile

Da camaro is track ready from da factory...

And can someone post da definition of prestige? I could use another laugh...
laugh.gif

^

Camaro is track ready.
laugh.gif
I HOPE you take it to the track if you buy a ZL1, or even a this Shelby. Like I said, not everyone is trying to get their best 0-60 at every light, and not everyone is gonna track their car.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Lemme rephrase

I rather have an m3 if it had those specs, an somebody explain how the hell they pulled off the mpg? Specs are crazy.
The gears...

I got an 08 GT500 and mine suddenly feels outdated
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

All things considered id still pick a ZL1 over this because

Da track suspension is nearly a 4k option on this car, meanwhile

Da camaro is track ready from da factory...

And can someone post da definition of prestige? I could use another laugh...
laugh.gif
I agree that the ZL1 is the better overall package and should have a better lap time than the 500.
But the numbers alone at this price point combined with the mpg make the Shelby a no brainer.

Nice car.

But can someone explain the point of arguing over cars (most) of you will never own??

Originally Posted by MECKS

Nice car.

But can someone explain the point of arguing over cars (most) of you will never own??

if its not cars, it'll be comic books, or women, or jewelry, or sports, or politics.

Hol up....I just realized.....wasn't this thing at the NYC auto show?? I sat in this thing, gotdamn it was beyond cheap inside...yea the blue shelby stang. Your payin for the specs but they def had to cut cost somewhere else. Lemme rephrase, gimme the M3.

Originally Posted by MECKS

Nice car.

What you mean?  We aren't arguing over Lambo's, Rari's, and Bentleys.  We are talking Mustangs (used to own one), Camaros(father used to own one), BMW's, and Benz's (I currently own one). 

Hol up....I just realized.....wasn't this thing at the NYC auto show?? I sat in this thing, gotdamn it was beyond cheap inside...yea the blue shelby stang. Your payin for the specs but they def had to cut cost somewhere else. Lemme rephrase, gimme the M3.
pssh...i'd sit in a damn milk crate if under da hood i had da most powerful engine in da western hemisphere.

hyperbole aside...is a grain of leather and plastic THAT important that you would be willing to short change yourself on mechanical specifications (which is da lion's share of da MSRP) just to have a "cuter" interior?

i can't do it...especially when da M3 is NOW is twin turbo V6 and no longer a N/A v8, its gonna be smaller, and its way more expensive plus its 90% identical

to a regular ol' 3 series.

aesthetically it does nothing for me...amazing specs though...and yes id rather have an M3..

Ninja.......ya gotta have a balance, that goes for anything in life. Stang doesn't look that good on the outside and the interior is trash. But, AWESOME specs......Overalll, ill take m3. Eh

Yea, I'd take an M3 over the stang. $60K for a mustang is way too much. Yea, I know they will be made in limited numbers but still, $55-65K for that Shelby, way too much.

pssh...i'd sit in a damn milk crate if under da hood i had da most powerful engine in da western hemisphere.

hyperbole aside...is a grain of leather and plastic THAT important that you would be willing to short change yourself on mechanical specifications (which is da lion's share of da MSRP) just to have a "cuter" interior?

I really do not want to start a huge argument so just take my statement with a grain of salt and in no way an insult (just don't want to extend it further). I feel that the interior still has to look good and feel good. Because when driving the car, you do seat inside most of the time. You don't buy it as an ornament on your driveway. So if I were to drive it, the seats has to be comfortable and actually hold me in place when I do turns. I want to be able to look forward to sitting inside a nice interior (doesn't have to be plush with alcantara or has aluminum trim) and smile before I even have to turn the engine on and the smile reaches my ear from the sound. This is especially true in a car you'd consider driving daily or more than twice a week. I really do not want to stare at an ugly interior when I am at a stop (LA has a lot of stop and go traffic). 
Again, that's my perspective on the interior. Car is a beast and for the specs, nothing can beats it for the price and it's unbelievable that theres no gas guzzler tax on it so don't take my interior preference as a knock on the car. I haven't sat on this particular version yet but in the pics, I do kind of like the modern interpretation of the retro styling. Sucks that the recaro seats are optional, it probably makes a ton of difference in comfort and feel. 

Ninja.......ya gotta have a balance, that goes for anything in life. Stang doesn't look that good on the outside and the interior is trash. But, AWESOME specs......Overalll, ill take m3. Eh
interiors are da "sneaker cleaner & socks" of da automotive industry b..you know why? because they can absurd profits on something as subjective as a "interior"

and its probably places where car companies spend da LEAST on....

33865d1318626259-new-bmw-3-series-2012-f30-1376_p90081947.jpg

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-interior.jpg

2013-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-interior-image3.jpg

and you getting recaro seats? pssh..i dont see da problem b.

MSRP$60,100 - $68,750Invoice$55,470 - $63,430
for da M3 mind you EVERYTHING is a damn option.....

vs
MSRP$54,200 - $59,200Invoice$49,458 - $54,020
its cheaper, FASTER, handles better, da fully loaded one is STILL cheaper then da base M3 and cheaper to maintain over da longterm....

Originally Posted by RFX45

I really do not want to start a huge argument so just take my statement with a grain of salt and in no way an insult (just don't want to extend it further). I feel that the interior still has to look good and feel good. Because when driving the car, you do seat inside most of the time. You don't buy it as an ornament on your driveway. So if I were to drive it, the seats has to be comfortable and actually hold me in place when I do turns. I want to be able to look forward to sitting inside a nice interior (doesn't have to be plush with alcantara or has aluminum trim) and smile before I even have to turn the engine on and the smile reaches my ear from the sound. This is especially true in a car you'd consider driving daily or more than twice a week. I really do not want to stare at an ugly interior when I am at a stop (LA has a lot of stop and go traffic). 
Again, that's my perspective on the interior. Car is a beast and for the specs, nothing can beats it for the price and it's unbelievable that theres no gas guzzler tax on it so don't take my interior preference as a knock on the car. I haven't sat on this particular version yet but in the pics, I do kind of like the modern interpretation of the retro styling. Sucks that the recaro seats are optional, it probably makes a ton of difference in comfort and feel. 
you get da shelby fully loaded with every option, including those recaro seats and it still comes out cheaper then a BASE M3.....what kind of argument can you

make against this car? its obvious da styling is retro inspired so its not gonna look like da jetsons from da inside.

you get da shelby fully loaded with every option, including those recaro seats and it still comes out cheaper then a BASE M3.....what kind of argument can you

make against this car? its obvious da styling is retro inspired so its not gonna look like da jetsons from da inside.

The part you highlighted about the retro styling was a compliment though. Why is your response to it sound so negative? 
laugh.gif
 I wasn't even one of the people who said I'd take the M3 over it. 
If I really have to pick the car apart and find an argument why an M3 in other areas (not all) is better then I am sure I will find plenty but really, I just don't want to argue so I'll let someone else handle that if they have the strength to go back and forth. 

RFX, cars and NT will always bring on debates.....It is what it is.

laugh.gif
 I know, I just posted that even my compliment to the car seem to have been taken negatively. 

I just have no energy to argue after the Clips and Lakers got eliminated. 
tired.gif

laugh.gif
 I know, I just posted that even my compliment to the car seem to have been taken negatively. 

tired.gif
i wasn't taking it as a negative...i was acknowledging that you were aware of its retro styling.
laugh.gif

Eh, challenger dumps on the stang looks wise anyways ninja. Ill take the srt8 with da hemi over this souped up stang too, idc if the specs aren't as good. O yea, I'm a knicks fan if it matters, long as the heat don't win. Carry on.

laugh.gif

tired.gif
i wasn't taking it as a negative...i was acknowledging that you were aware of its retro styling.
laugh.gif

Aiite, I apologize for the misunderstanding. 
f5dn2s.gif

after watching that 3 part special on carroll shelby, I appreciate this car a lot more now. and i dont like american cars

Back
Top Bottom