2013 Lexus LS 460 F-Sport

Looks like a suped up Camry that completely followed the M5 template. No ones buying this crap.

Different markets.
LS = 7Series
GS = 5Series
Though Lexus doesn't have anything to match up with the M5 at this point.

I went to test drive that new GS350 at the launch. I can tell you right now, I'd buy one over a 5 series in a heartbeat. The power, luxury, and smoothness in the ride is simply fantastic. I'd have to wait and see what the F version looks like before saying it's in the M5 category.

Anyone have any experience with the 3rd Gen GS?
I'm itching to pull the trigger on an '09.

Im still riding my 06 GS300 and plan to ride it till the wheels fall off. Great car, maintenance isnt really expensive and I havent had any major problems with it at all. I'll probably be getting a 2013 GS in 2017 though lol. I'll ride my current GS for a good 4-5 more years since its paid off.

Lexus didnt even TRY to make their cars any different.
laugh.gif

Im all for hte new GS, and this LS is nice. But cmon, make your cars a little different from one another. From the exterior to the interior, smh.

Lexus didnt even TRY to make their cars any different. :lol:

Im all for hte new GS, and this LS is nice. But cmon, make your cars a little different from one another. From the exterior to the interior, smh.

Do people really only look at the grill of each cars and say they all look alike? I mean every brand has that key aspects of the design that flows through the whole brand so it is distinct like the spindle grill (BMW, Audi and MB does it too). But to say they all look the same? I mean look again and past the grill this time.
1xym2p.jpg

2n1bdqa.jpg

Interior-wise, it's the same thing, most look the same to have that flow and signature look for the brand as a whole.

Look at BMWs interior, they are all very similar too. You can tell small differences but they all share the same lines and theme.
2we9mq1.jpg

1zvx388.jpg

5yszk8.jpg

16gjq4x.jpg

I went to test drive that new GS350 at the launch. I can tell you right now, I'd buy one over a 5 series in a heartbeat. The power, luxury, and smoothness in the ride is simply fantastic. I'd have to wait and see what the F version looks like before saying it's in the M5 category.

F-Sport version, different lower fascia and grill outside and a bit more sport tuned on the inside. More in comparison with the 528/535 M-Sport than an actual M5.
f9idcn.jpg

Last edited:
Im still riding my 06 GS300 and plan to ride it till the wheels fall off. Great car, maintenance isnt really expensive and I havent had any major problems with it at all. I'll probably be getting a 2013 GS in 2017 though lol. I'll ride my current GS for a good 4-5 more years since its paid off.

Appreciate the feedback my dude.

RFX, yes I know brands have their "trademarks". But car companies IMO are making their cars TOO similar nowadays. Look at the previous gen LS and GS, they looked nothing like. Same for the previous 3 and 5 series. Interior yes, they get more of a "pass" but I still believe they should be a little more different than having the same template (side note, whats the 2nd BMW interior your posted? its freakin gorgeous). Back to Lexus though, the GS and LS look similar in ways more than just the grill, the lights are basically the same shape. I can tell cars apart just by the overall look of it, it woudnt be hard for me to distinguish a GS and LS in person, although at first I would have to look at it for more than 2 seconds.

Hopefully the new IS has a little more individuality.

2nd BMW interior is from the 6-series. If you actually look at the first 2 to the last 2 BMW interiors, you can see some bigger differences and that is because the first one is th enew 3-series and new 6-series, which were all recently newly designed while the last two were of the older 5-series and 7-series. You can see where they are headed though, they have that ipad/tablet looking screen mounted instead of the integrated screen like the old ones, I prefer the integrated versions.

I think it is perfectly fine that they make cars look similar, it worked for Audi and BMW and they can make gorgeous cars. To be honest, remove the new 3-series headlights and you can't tell it apart from the 5-series, even the size is too close that if you debadge both, you won't be able to tell it apart, even from the back.
2wdog00.jpg

azcokp.jpg

And as long as Lexus separates itself from Toyota, it'll be fine. I am not feeling it that Audi is sharing their rears too similarly with VW.
2uyr5sn.jpg

10or6tg.jpg

16m4z05.jpg

9sa1pc.jpg

The way to tell these cars apart is really the size. The LS should be a lot longer and wider in comparison to the GS and in picture, it shows. I'd have more gripes about the GS and ES looking much more similar but i agree, I hope the IS looks much, much better and sportier.

Not sure how anybody with even remotely decent taste can have their jimmies even slightly rustled by any of the current Lexus models. Horrendous designs. The interior on their new flagship sedan looks like it was out of date ten years ago.

F-Sport version, different lower fascia and grill outside and a bit more sport tuned on the inside. More in comparison with the 528/535 M-Sport than an actual M5.
f9idcn.jpg
seen it before but still

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

dambbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb car is :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

(in a good way :x)

Last edited:
LOL. CLEARLY no idea what your talking about. They are two different companies with two different philosophies. 

:rofl: :stoneface: dont worry about me champ. I know far more about German cars than you do. BMW sucks now. That's all you need to know.

:rofl: :stoneface: dont worry about me champ. I know far more about German cars than you do. BMW sucks now. That's all you need to know.
QFT. The new 7, 5, and 3 don't have nearly the steering feel or handling balance they used to. Tbh the 5 series peaked with the E39, the last two generations have been steadily worse. As for the LS F-sport, lay off Lexus :smh: We understand you want to be seen as sporty but seriously, that car's gonna be bought by 60+ retirees, so what's the point? I understand F-sport on the IS and GS, but on the LS and RX?

Last edited:
Why is everyone so harsh on Lexus making an F-Sport of the LS?
Is there no Alpina B7?
Is there no S8?
Are there no S63 & S65 AMG with a bi-turbo V8 and V12 respectively?

QFT. The new 7, 5, and 3 don't have nearly the steering feel or handling balance they used to. Tbh the 5 series peaked with the E39, the last two generations have been steadily worse. As for the LS F-sport, lay off Lexus
mean.gif
We understand you want to be seen as sporty but seriously, that car's gonna be bought by 60+ retirees, so what's the point? I understand F-sport on the IS and GS, but on the LS and RX?
E60 >>>>

e92 >>>>

Back
Top Bottom