• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would've been nice to have our pick for next year :lol: good God man this front office is something else

All that money in 2016 and we'll get NOTHING (Bron staying in CLE, KD and D12 staying where they are). :smh: 2017 maybe with Russ, but it's looking like 2021 with AD.

Welp.

Time to embrace being a laughing stock for the next 4-6 years guys.

We're gonna be fine in a couple years. Kobe's contract was the signal we were punting for 2 years to build up underneath.

Mitch isn't making me all that happy, but he's at least not killing us long term. We already knew we were doomed short term.

Melo took a $9mil paycut over 5 years. I'm pretty sure when Phil said Melo needs to take a paycut, he wasn't saying of $1.75mil a year.

They didn't pursue Bledsoe.
They didn't pursue Monroe.
They didn't pursue Parsons.
They didn't pursue Ariza.
They didn't pursue Stephenson.

They pursued Melo. Only Melo.

You can blame Kobe's contract all you want, but the truth is our front office didn't even ATTEMPT to go after solid free agents with 30+ million in cap space.

Restricted or not, they could of at least tried. Everyone was saying Houston was guaranteed to match anything for Parsons... Well look how the cookie crumbled. Dallas is this close to landing him (expensive or not) because THEY TRIED.

Who knows if the suns would of matched Bledsoe if we have him a huge offer sheet, when they just got Isaiah.

Who knows if Detroit would of matched Monroe.

Most likely? Yes, sure.
Automatically? No...

Worth a damn shot man.

Instead we lost Pau for NOTHING (when we could of gotten draft picks during all these trade deadlines), and put all our marbles into Melo when Melo was never going to leave.

We literally made 0 effort into any of those young free agents with plenty of cap space.

Blame it on Kobe all you want, obviously his contract doesn't help the team.

But there was plenty of funds left to at least TRY to land one or more of these young pieces.

Yes, we may of disagreed on which one of them was worth what. Yes not all of them would be useful for long term plans. I get it.

But you can at least sit down and try to negotiate something before you panic and resign Jordan Hill and Nick.

I'm not mad that they're staying, I'm just mad we didn't try anything else besides Melo before just giving up and resigning the usual guys that would of been there for us next week.

Blame Kobes contract, it sucks.
But don't use it as an excuse for the lack of use of 30+ mil cap space.

That's just bad management.
That's just not a very smart week for our front office.

I will give them the Lin trade. That helps. So I will be fair and give them that. Not a total failure of a week. We got a pick for renting out Lin this year, that's good. But they shouldn't have been so content with that.

Can't believe they just didn't try. It wouldn't have hurt to try and sign a damn offer sheet for someone as talented as Bledsoe. It wouldn't have hurt damnit :smh:

Last edited:

You can blame Kobe's contract all you want, but the truth is our front office didn't even ATTEMPT to go after solid free agents with 30+ million in cap space.

Restricted or not, they could of at least tried. Everyone was saying Houston was guaranteed to match anything for Parsons... Well look how the cookie crumbled. Dallas is this close to landing him (expensive or not) because THEY TRIED.

Who knows if the suns would of matched Bledsoe if we have him a huge offer sheet, when they just got Isaiah.

Most likely? Yes, sure.
Automatically? No...

Worth a damn shot man.

Instead we lost Pau for NOTHING (when we could of gotten draft picks during all these trade deadlines), and put all our marbles into Melo when Melo was never going to leave.

We literally made 0 effort into any of those young free agents with plenty of cap space.

But there was plenty of funds left to at least TRY to land one or more of these young pieces.

Yes, we may of disagreed on which one of them was worth what. Yes not all of them would be useful for long term plans. I get it.

But you can at least sit down and try to negotiate something before you panic and resign Jordan Hill and Nick.

I'm not mad that they're staying, I'm just mad we didn't try anything else besides Melo before just giving up and resigning the usual guys that would of been there for us next week.

But don't use it as an excuse for use of 30+ mil cap space.

Can't believe they didn't try. It wouldn't have hurt to try and sign a damn offer sheet for someone as talented as Bledsoe. It wouldn't have hurt damnit
mean.gif

Most likely? Yes, sure.
Automatically? No...

Worth a damn shot man.

But don't use it as an excuse for use of 30+ mil cap space.

Can't believe they didn't try. It wouldn't have hurt to try and sign a damn offer sheet for someone as talented as Bledsoe. It wouldn't have hurt damnit :smh:

They overpaid short term guys, for short term losing. Like I said, they punted when they signed Kobe.

Melo was the only one they felt the need to offer big money to, not Bledsoe, Lance, etc. They figured, why overpay the mid range stars, instead of the bigger fish.

You and I? Yeah, we'd take 3 mid range pieces to build a nucleus around Randle, they wanted one big fish, to lure. Why Melo? I have no idea. :lol:

So the plan is for Bron, KD and Dwight to leave 30+ mil (probably more when the new TV deals kick in) on the table from their incumbent teams and much better personnel situations to come and play with Swaggy P and Randle? Seems legit.

Last edited:
I even started to slowly grow towards not hating Lance as a signing bro.

It really grew on me. That's why I haven't complained about him recently.

His play on both sides of the court would of been worth considering like you've been saying for a whole year now.

I just can't believe they didn't even try.

Do you see me happy with the Nick Young signing? Do you see that, in here, anywhere? Or anywhere else?

I said at the trade deadline I wanted him out, are you confused by that, or what are you saying? :lol:

They punted when they signed Kobe. It's been known. People swore up and down that Kobe left them enough money. No, he did not.

They punted.

Butts in seats, I am an idiot, Lakers don't tank, etc etc etc etc etc.

Sorry fellas.

I feel like a parent, I'm not even mad, I'm just disappointed.

Next season will be fast forwarded.

I hope Pau wins a championship and dominates just to show all the people he still something left in the tank.

I even started to slowly grow towards not hating Lance as a signing bro.

It really grew on me. That's why I haven't complained about him recently.

His play on both sides of the court would of been worth considering like you've been saying for a whole year now.

I just can't believe they didn't even try.

I know, but like I told Ska, I started to back off him when I saw his value rising. I knew it wasn't gonna work out for us.

2/18, like Simmons predicted, lovely. When he turned down 4/45, bye Lance. We had no chance.

I wish he woulda played crappier in the playoffs, might have helped us. :lol:

Welp.

Time to embrace being a laughing stock for the next 4-6 years guys.
I'm about to get on my hypocrite steez, for REAL.

You and me, we've given CP crap for being all "Told you so!" and what not...

... and I'm about to do the same thing.

It ain't 'laughing stock for the next 4-6 years,' bro. I've BEEEEEEEN saying... ever since 'basketball reasons', I've BEEEEEN saying... that we are, as a franchise...

... reduced to average.

I've said it a thousand times, and a thousand times I've said it.

Should I try different languages?

I love my Angels, but I've always loved the Angels and Lakers differently. The Angels are a small team, the little brother. The Lakers are... were... the big team, the big brother.

Were.

No longer.

Like I've said, we are NOT... "The Lakers", as in "The Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees", etc.

We are... well... we're the Hornets. We're the Clippers.

We're NBA Team.

Nothing special.

Ain't nobody breaking their back trying to come here.

Teams be like, "We got Bron!" We be like, "We got Lin!" 
indifferent.gif

Teams be like, "We kept Carmelo!", "We kept Bosh!" We be like "We kept Nick Young!" 
indifferent.gif

@tupac003, this ain't 1993, bro. Back then, we were still The Almighty Lakers. We knew the Magic was era was going to come to an end eventually, and we knew we'd retool. Didn't know who, but... someone. Didn't know it would be Shaq. Didn't know it would be a draft pick (Kobe). But we knew it would happen, so we sat back and enjoyed a few seasons, and waited. I bought so many nosebleed tix at the Forum where I ended up sitting like a dozen seats back from courtside by the end of the game because I just kept getting closer and closer. Good times. Peeler, Vlade, I watched them hoop w/ NVE, knowing we'd be back, wondering how, and who would lead the way. Barkley? Pippen? Shaq? Didn't know who, but I knew someone was coming.

This ain't that, man.

'Basketball reasons' wasn't just a vetoed agreement between 2 teams, fellas; it was The Almighty being strongarmed, in order to appease the average, the Mavs and Cavs.

And they've been appeased; we're at rest.

Last edited:

Most likely? Yes, sure.
Automatically? No...

Worth a damn shot man.

But don't use it as an excuse for the lack of use of 30+ mil cap space.

I will give them the Lin trade. That helps. So I will be fair and give them that. Not a total failure of a week. We got a pick for renting out Lin this year, that's good. But they shouldn't have been so content with that.

Can't believe they just didn't try. It wouldn't have hurt to try and sign a damn offer sheet for someone as talented as Bledsoe. It wouldn't have hurt damnit
mean.gif
Didn't they have contact with the agents of a few of the players you listed? 

And none of those players are really worth it. You don't throw cash at second tier players because you couldn't get a first tier player. That's what multiple teams have done and it put them in a bad position. The Lakers specifically (Mitch's own words) said they wouldn't throw money at people if they couldn't land who they wanted. 

I like Bledsoe but he's coming off two knee injuries. People clown Derrick Rose all they want, but Bledsoe doesn't even play that many minutes and he's had two injuries. Would have to overpay as well, but I like him. 

You hate Pau's defense and I totally agree, you'd hate Monroe. 

Lance, ton of potential to be an amazing third option, but has too many red flags that people don't want to consider. 

Parsons got overpaid 

Ariza isn't going to take you anywhere

It's better at times to do nothing aka not spend on these sorts of players and strike when the right player comes. Patience. 

Wish they traded Pau early. It's a combo of two things. 1) It's obvious they wanted to keep him, which is why they didn't trade him (I'm happy he's gone, both sides needed to move on) and 2) They overvalued him. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom