Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Dallas may pursue Lance Stephenson on a bigger money, shorter deal before turning to Deng -- assuming Houston matches on Chandler Parsons.

Interesting concept.

I'd like to hear someone's explanation for why giving Kobe another contract at all was a good idea.

I can wait.

That's an easy one man, no Kobe no sell outs at Staples. It all makes sense now why Kobe didn't take a pay cut. Even if the Lakers had $50 million in cap space I don't think they would have done much...Kobe be looking like Dwayne right now...who with questionable joints opts out of $40+ million! not Kobe

They didn't pursue Bledsoe.
They didn't pursue Monroe.
They didn't pursue Parsons.
They didn't pursue Ariza.
They didn't pursue Stephenson.

They pursued Melo. Only Melo.

You can blame Kobe's contract all you want, but the truth is our front office didn't even ATTEMPT to go after solid free agents with 30+ million in cap space.

Restricted or not, they could of at least tried. Everyone was saying Houston was guaranteed to match anything for Parsons... Well look how the cookie crumbled. Dallas is this close to landing him (expensive or not) because THEY TRIED.

Who knows if the suns would of matched Bledsoe if we have him a huge offer sheet, when they just got Isaiah.

Who knows if Detroit would of matched Monroe.

Most likely? Yes, sure.
Automatically? No...

Worth a damn shot man.

Instead we lost Pau for NOTHING (when we could of gotten draft picks during all these trade deadlines), and put all our marbles into Melo when Melo was never going to leave.

We literally made 0 effort into any of those young free agents with plenty of cap space.

Blame it on Kobe all you want, obviously his contract doesn't help the team.

But there was plenty of funds left to at least TRY to land one or more of these young pieces.

Yes, we may of disagreed on which one of them was worth what. Yes not all of them would be useful for long term plans. I get it.

But you can at least sit down and try to negotiate something before you panic and resign Jordan Hill and Nick.

I'm not mad that they're staying, I'm just mad we didn't try anything else besides Melo before just giving up and resigning the usual guys that would of been there for us next week.

Blame Kobes contract, it sucks.
But don't use it as an excuse for the lack of use of 30+ mil cap space.

That's just bad management.
That's just not a very smart week for our front office.

I will give them the Lin trade. That helps. So I will be fair and give them that. Not a total failure of a week. We got a pick for renting out Lin this year, that's good. But they shouldn't have been so content with that.

Can't believe they just didn't try. It wouldn't have hurt to try and sign a damn offer sheet for someone as talented as Bledsoe. It wouldn't have hurt damnit
mean.gif
My ******* man. 
pimp.gif

I don't.rememeber ever sucking this bad and I talk ish but I'm still a fan...i understand. Can't be good every year .. Still rock all my Laker ish proudly win or lose.

I don't wanna hear ANY complaining from ANYONE about this team. This is what y'all all wanted. Team tank/team cp followers :lol:

Y'all said you didn't care about a complete rebuild or not signing anyone big. Do don't complain about the roster or moves now.
Y'all gotta live with it for the next 7 years now.

I don't think most of you make it past year 2 of sucking. Lol
Ok with rebuilding they said :lol:

You are dense.

Team tank wanted a full tanking job. The Lakers were just a terrible team and if mitch would have given the order they could have had the worst record in the league. I'v been wanting the Lakers to build from the draft since they were winning rings but mitch kept giving picks away for free. Mitch is an incompetent GM with no foresight. There are many fans that wanted Pau traded in 2011 because he was already trash but still had value to other teams. Mitch has stayed with his "I believe we have a team that can contend for a championship" line until Kobe went down.

I don't mind waiting but this incompetent front office should stop making things worse and full out tank. I'd have been content if they had signed NBDL level players surrounding the rookie and kobe.

Moves that prevent tanking will always get criticized by team tank.

Also, nobody is following CP. Wasn't he the "relax guys, everything is cool" guy from the 2012 pre season? :nerd:

I just go back to my thought that you can make a case for every other team in the West being better than the Lakers in some fashion (new acquisitions, internal growth).

In the East there's the Sixers that will be really bad. The Bucks and Magic should be better. Who else is conceivably worse than the Lakers?

i'm saying

Linsanity leads us to the chip.

Lin Laker Dynasty.

not srs

but it is gonna be a more interesting year than last year.

Pau not on the team. maybe nash can play? or if his back is really done.

was it the dwight year or the year before dwight when kobe was pulling "magic kobe" with 16 points and 14 assists?

everyone is saying kobe's done, but we still haven't seen him maybe he'll be a 20 5 assist guy still. if it goes back to kobe ball, it's gonna be a long season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom