• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we see it fairly close, minus a few mil here or there.

My point isn't even on what I myself want. I'm speaking to what the guys who want to "win now" want. Win now, meaning regular season, make playoffs as a 6-7 seed, etc. If they want to win now, or compete now, they should be angrier than me, so they'd have 2 better pieces on the roster.

Me? Harms me none. His deal merely blocks a couple extra wins, maybe an extra trade that nets a future asset. But still keeps us with a chance at saving two picks.

It's real clear tho, Kobe, Lin, Nick Young, they don't care about winning anymore, they care about printing money.

If they wanted the team to be 6-7 seed, why would they be mad?

Could have easily made a 6 or 7 seed team with Kobe's contract AND Nash.

They didn't because the guys at the top went for money over winning (Melo & Bosh). LeBron clearly only considered Heat & Cavs, and unless Kobe was making the equivalent of an MLE, he wouldn't have considered LA.

Last edited:
You sure on Melo?

What if he wanted LA, but realized he and Kobe, together is 48 million? He might have known, no other players would be able to join up with remaining space.

(You know I didn't want Melo, just speaking on what he might have been thinking). We don't know, nor will we ever, because of them doing deal in November.

You sure on Melo?

What if he wanted LA, but realized he and Kobe, together is 48 million? He might have known, no other players would be able to join up with remaining space.

(You know I didn't want Melo, just speaking on what he might have been thinking). We don't know, nor will we ever, because of them doing deal in November.

After Bosh, he could have still teamed up with Harden, Parsons & Howard... And declined. Or even if Parsons was already gone. Could have played with Harden & Howard. That team was offering a max, and far better chance than Knicks.

Why did he decline?

Because of the money.

And even then, saying no other players could join is not factually true. Another max player? No. But a great 3rd wheel was certainly possible.

Last edited:
Look at what you’re thinking tho. 3rd piece, nice, 3rd piece.

What about that 2nd piece tho? How does Melo have assurance that Kobe is even going to be worth a ****?

Kobe could be healthy, sure, but he’s also 36, and not a lock to be anywhere close to the level he was. If he’s not All NBA level, at 36, and takes up 2 more years of cap, Melo’s 32 by the time he gets rid of Kobe, IF, Kobe leaves after his 20th season.

You don’t think that factors into any FA’s that might have looked our way?

30 year old Kobe? Yeah, sure, guys may want to sign up if they were free agents. Maybe that year, Melo would have joined the party.

But 36, after missing a year? And still pulling 24 mil per? Why would I sign up for that?

We just saw Bron leave Wade at the altar, he’s 32 and was in the Finals the last 4 years. Yeah, Bron went home, good story, but I’ma pretend the Cavs didn’t have Kyrie and the #1 to trade for Love, and that Bron didn’t see that writing on the wall. Cuz we all sure did. :nerd: :lol:

Look at what you’re thinking tho. 3rd piece, nice, 3rd piece.

What about that 2nd piece tho? How does Melo have assurance that Kobe is even going to be worth a ****?

Kobe could be healthy, sure, but he’s also 36, and not a lock to be anywhere close to the level he was. If he’s not All NBA level, at 36, and takes up 2 more years of cap, Melo’s 32 by the time he gets rid of Kobe, IF, Kobe leaves after his 20th season.

You don’t think that factors into any FA’s that might have looked our way?

30 year old Kobe? Yeah, sure, guys may want to sign up if they were free agents. Maybe that year, Melo would have joined the party.

But 36, after missing a year? And still pulling 24 mil per? Why would I sign up for that?

We just saw Bron leave Wade at the altar, he’s 32 and was in the Finals the last 4 years. Yeah, Bron went home, good story, but I’ma pretend the Cavs didn’t have Kyrie and the #1 to trade for Love, and that Bron didn’t see that writing on the wall. Cuz we all sure did. :nerd: :lol:

So a measly 7/8 million woulda changed all that ?

I doubt it, Kobe is old and in the twilight of his career no young Superstar without a chip is gonna sign up for that even if he did take a paycut.

That Cav/Heat scenario is unprecedented with backroom deals and probly tampering as well bringing that up is pointless.....we'll probly never see some **** like that again.

Superstar leaves his hometown team hanging like an ugly blind date on national tv, goes to another team with a HOF guard and one of the top PF, and aHOF coach behind the scenes. Goes to the finals every year and wins two, only to leave and go back to his home team who so happened to have a trio of #1 picks one who's an all star mvp phenom guard and the perfect trade bait in Wiggins to get the best PF in the league before the season starts.

Yeah just leave that situation alone :lol:

Let's talk about what if Dwight Howard had stayed.

Thought about for a minute the other day and the various outcomes.

Goddamnit

SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT THE KOBE CONTRACT

Wish I could rep this twice. We still on this when the season is starting tonight?! It is what it is guys, nothing is going to change it at this point. And all these discussions points have been glossed over probably at least on 20 different occasions by a lot of the same people. Can we move on?

Nick Young, Wes Johnson, and some combo of the other cheap pickups would have done wonders.

They probably would've been great bench guys for a solid team like that... unfortunately, they ended up on a team full of bench guys.

If Dwight had stayed, Kobe wouldn't have gotten that big of a deal I think (maybe just enough to keep him paid more than D12), but we may have been more aggressive in going after some of the 2nd tier FAs this summer and not just trying to hit the home run with Bron, Melo, Bosh.

Last edited:
New poll question : What does everybody wanna talk about

How much we'll stink this year

The glory days when we went to 3 straight finals

Why didn't we get Phil back

What if Dwight stayed

Is Byron Scott the kind of coach this team needs

Will Kobe get injured/ how many point will he average this year

Last edited:
If Dwight had stayed, Kobe wouldn't have gotten that big of a deal I think (maybe just enough to keep him paid more than D12), but we may have been more aggressive in going after some of the 2nd tier FAs this summer and not just trying to hit the home run with Bron, Melo, Bosh.

See, now that intrigues me.

I wonder what Kobe's deal would, or would not have been, if Dwight signed.

New poll question : What does everybody wanna talk about

How much we'll stink this year

The glory days when we went to 3 straight finals

Why didn't we get Phil back

What if Dwight stayed

Is Byron Scott the kind of coach this team needs

Will Kobe get injured/ how many point will he average this year

Alot.

:pimp:

Steve Nash. :smh:

Better defense, struggle post offense.

No.

I say about 70ish games, 22-23/4/4 type year is what I assume. If he does that, I will be thrilled for him, and he should be 1st-2nd team All NBA.

Let's talk about what if Dwight Howard had stayed.

Thought about for a minute the other day and the various outcomes.
Thought about this the other day....financials aside, if Lamar didn't go crazy, he would be a fantastic pairing with Dwight

just copped tix for the january 11th laker game vs portland. center court row 5. Can't wait.

Tupac, I'm not in here saying I'm smarter than you. I don't care who's smarter.

I'm simply pointing out the flaw in people's hope to compete now, but do something that is counterproductive to that goal.

If someone is glad they paid Kobe all that money, and he'll retire with us, etc, shouldn't they then be looking ahead, and not thinking this team will compete, now? Doesn't that make more sense?

And why are we not allowed to talk about something Laker, and relevant, in here? We can only talk about good things? We can only say good things, nothing else?

Jim is great, Mitch is great, Kobe's great, the team is great, we're great. And that's it? That's all we're allowed to say now, good things?

But when Phil was here, and we were winning titles, all we read was Sasha sucks, Luke sucks, LO is lazy, this team sucks, Shannon sucks, Pau is soft, Kobe shoots too much

But NOW, all positive talk only?

:lol:

Alright man. When the team is hitting a rough spot, I expect you in here calming all the troops, telling them it's alright, just focus on the good, no need to examine any details, cuz they don't own a team. I'm with you man.

Here is the deal...I NEVER said that all we have to do is talk positive. What I'm saying is this contract talk is BEYOND dead. My dude...its done. It can't be taken back.

Diss Jim, Mitch all you want. But we talked about this contract AT LENGTH during the season and off season. It's a NEW season. What I'm saying is lets talk about that. Let's talk about this season.

Kobe's contract is not the sole reason we are going to be bad. I KNOW we are going to be bad. I just want to see the Lakers play. I would rather us talk about the development of Randle, Clarkson. They guys who will possibly be here beyond Kobe.

The continual beating of the dead horse over this contract is just pointless.

So talk tank all you want. That's your lane and its fine. Makes sense for this season...but please for the love of god...leave the contract alone. ITS DONE. ITS OVER. Can't be taken back...

To be fair, this round of contract talk came up because it was asked whether the Kobe contract was that bad, or if we were just didn't like it for no reason or because some article told us to.

To be fair, this round of contract talk came up because it was asked whether the Kobe contract was that bad, or if we were just didn't like it for no reason or because some article told us to.

This.

Hell, I didn't say nothin about it all weekend, I just chimed in last night or this morning. :lol:

It stunts us for these 2 years, and I don't like that. Hence, me talking about it. It's current, because the deal is current. That's all.

This.

Hell, I didn't say nothin about it all weekend, I just chimed in last night or this morning. :lol:

It stunts us for these 2 years, and I don't like that. Hence, me talking about it. It's current, because the deal is current. That's all.

Fine CP...:rolleyes

Gonna be a long season thread....:smh:

This.

Fine CP...:rolleyes

Gonna be a long season thread....:smh:

I'll ask you, would you like Chandler Parsons here? Yes or no?

No.

He just like Kobe was over paid.

Now the deal Lance got...I would have jumped on. Even if he is a head case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom