2014 Chevrolet SS Unveiled

Love the engine, HATE the body....especially that stupid black plastic piece in the lower fascia...

And to people complaining about no stick shift, welcome to the new age of transmissions, its a short time before its going to be a rarity to see them on new cars.

first thought was "this cars trying to do too much , trying to please everyone"

second thought , "insta copped"

real dope boys only use this to fill it with merchandise deep in the transmission..

the new dodge intrepid.

Not impressed and I'm a sucker for American muscle.

Speaking of the G8, its a crime they stopped making that car.

If I didn't need that warranty I would have copped one of those.

Last edited:
That short car is not getting pushed by DBoys...it's to small now if its the length of the charger then it would def be different. But nah

If its priced right its getting sold.

I will agree, da front fascia is zzzzz.

I WISH da impala was on da holden platform & this was da new Malibu.

This rear wheel drive ZETA platform deserves a better shell then this...17 years

Since da absence of rear wheel drive..i LOVE da specs, but they shouldve followed more

Of da camaro design language wit da sedan.

What y'all have to realize is Chevy didn't really design this car. Like the G8 this is a Holden VF Commodore brought to American shores. The G8 looked similar to the Commodore in 2008 now this new SS is like the current Commodore VF. Pics of the Commodore below, look pretty much the same.
View media item 272213View media item 272214

Last edited:
meh, if you wanna put 400+ horses in something atleast make it sporty looking or mean. SMH

What y'all have to realize is Chevy didn't really design this car. Like the G8 this is a Holden VF Commodore brought to American shores. The G8 looked similar to the Commodore in 2008 now this new SS is like the current Commodore VF. Pics of the Commodore below, look pretty much the same.
View media item 272213View media item 272214

We know, the reason its uber blah is it has the exact same power as a 5 year GXP. Its like they literally just rebadged a 5 year old car.

Then to call it an SS just feels wrong for such an unaggressive looking car.

One more thing.

Dodge is releasing "core" SRTs in the summer.

So you'lll be able to a Charger with 472hp for 2 grand more than this or a Challenger for the same cost.

I don't see how this sells.

Last edited:
yeah, or at least not make it dog slow. it's just a waste of gas.

Read 4.5 seconds to 0-60 but also read 5 seconds so we'll see once it's actually tested.

either way, part of the fun of the g8 was modding it. lots of beast g8's running around here. non of them are auto. it's just not a car you're going to want to mod. if they dropped it in a manual i wouldn't be hating on it.

One more thing.

So you'lll be able to a Charger with 472hp for 2 grand more than this or a Challenger for the same cost.

They will sell well. The Superbee 392 Charger was the test market for the upcoming SRT-Core line.
You take elimite the things that don't matter to muscle car buyers like leather, navigtion, 13 speaker sound systems, dual mode electronic suspension, and give them what
matters...the Hemi engine and a good racing suspension.
Smart buyers will buy the new 2013 core version instead of the fully loaded SRT8. Smarter preowned fully loaded versions from 2011 and 2012.

Last edited:
One more thing.

They will sell well. The Superbee 392 Charger was the test market for the upcoming SRT-Core line.
You take elimite the things that don't matter to muscle car buyers like leather, navigtion, 13 speaker sound systems, dual mode electronic suspension, and give them what
matters...the Hemi engine and a good racing suspension.
Smart buyers will buy the new 2013 core version instead of the fully loaded SRT8. Smarter preowned fully loaded versions from 2011 and 2012.

I agree what I'm saying is why would you buy this for 38 when you can buy that Charger for 41.

Truthfully I'm sick I bought my 13 R/T Challenger when I did because I would have gladly waited for the core SRT, hell the MSRP is only 5800 more.

Last edited:
you guys do know the Super bee's BOMBED right? theres A LOT of '12s still sitting on lots on discount.

why do you think they dropped the price a little bit on the new ones? they will still sit.

not sure how the 300 will do, might sell a few but cloth seats on a luxury sedan doesnt make sense.

but would i buy a super bee? hell yes but not for the price they start at.

you guys do know the Super bee's BOMBED right? theres A LOT of '12s still sitting on lots on discount.

why do you think they dropped the price a little bit on the new ones? they will still sit.

not sure how the 300 will do, might sell a few but cloth seats on a luxury sedan doesnt make sense.

but would i buy a super bee? hell yes but not for the price they start at.

Cuz them ***** is yellow, all the yellow Mopar stuff is just sitting on lots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom