2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

That 4th quarter was brutal, it took 50 minutes to finish.

How is Ben our most clutch free throw shooter with 2 minutes left?

Second best record in the league now.

11 days away from seeing us play the Bucks...lets keep this momentum going

Brett has done a great job of coaching lately but playing Al has much as he did today was terrible. He’s still obviously hurt and he couldn’t stop anybody on defense.

Pretty much. Nets are built to stop a team like up with using PnR all day with rim runners

we win if Embiid plays. Struggle game by J Rich due to the soft fouls they kept calling all game

Al has really sucked lately. I didn’t expect him to put up a bunch of points but his D was been nonexistent the last couple games. I wasn’t a fan of his signing initially but I was willing to see what he could provide. Hopefully he’s just having a rough week or that he’s still recovering from his injury. I wouldn’t mind Elton seeing what he could get for him though.

He’s still hurt. J Rich is also hurt too.

I’m out on Simmons tho. He still hasn’t taken a 3 since Brett called him out

2D863C34-1766-446E-A061-3E58A2B8D2DF.png

Some form of this needs to get done. The Pelicans were the other team that was super high on signing Horford for top dollar. I just wonder with their start how they’d feel about making a trade for him with that contract now at this point. Jrue, Hart and Moore would make this team 10000x better right now though. Couple shooters and a couple players that can actually dribble the damn ball and play smart basketball. Moore is expiring, Jrue is at least a better contract than Horford and Hart is cheap as hell for as solid of a player as he is.

I’m not gonna blame the refs at all for our last couple games but we’ve gotten officiated awful lately.

Wiz suck but good to see everybody attack the zone more instead of just settling. It’s nice when your shooters hit their open shots too.

Never understood why Brown went with Neto over Burke in the rotation lately. Neto is the better player overall but we need Burke’s ability to break down an offense.

Some things are just too obvious that it baffles my mind why it's not done.

And when Ben and Tobi play together Tobi is more catch and shoot with Ben. If Tobi has the ball it’s pink and pop with Al or DHO with Embiid

He rarely plays with another ball handler. J Rich plays more with Embiid. Same with Neto and Burke

Brett dead *** thinks you can only play with one ball handler on the court at a time. He’s always been this way so idk what’s gonna make him change **** up. I can’t imagine how ridiculously good somebody like CP3 would look in our lineup instead of Horford but the problem is Horford helps us get over the top of the Bucks IMO. Gonna have to get creative and see what Mike Scott’s contract, Zhaire and maybe KOQ’s expiring can get us over the next month. Plus whatever buyout guys.

Playing Burke more helps. As long as he isn’t gunning recklessly he’s cool. Burke has played some with Simmons but not a lot. His 3 against the Cavs was a screen and pop? basically

Playing Burke more helps. As long as he isn’t gunning recklessly he’s cool. Burke has played some with Simmons but not a lot. His 3 against the Cavs was a screen and pop? basically

It does...but imagine how good a better version of Burke would be in that lineup. Still hoping they play him more regardless though. It’s obvious he needs to play.

I mean technically you’d want a guy like Shake or Zhaire in that role but idk what’s up with their development

you don’t lose size and keep defense with those two

I dont know why it's taking so long to bring them in. Well actually i do, this is very typical of Brown where it takes him 2 to 3 months to make adjustments

There was a post here that I noticed did not go through - reposting:

I remembered a couple of weeks back, people were asking what would a contending team built around Simmons would look like, everyone is going to say either use the Giannis blueprint, or the LeBron blueprint. I think they are both false as he is not that type of player.

If this is who Ben is, then he's a super version of Draymond Green. A great passer, an excellent defender and someone who will make all the hustle plays to win a game. Expecting anything more would lead to disappointment.

Ben should be in a team built like GSW where he can play the Draymond role. A team like Atlanta with Trae or even the Mavs would make sense (fit wise)

I mean technically you’d want a guy like Shake or Zhaire in that role but idk what’s up with their development

you don’t lose size and keep defense with those two

Bro honestly Shake should not be even getting NBA minutes. He’s gotten playing time because that’s how bad off we are on players that can actually dribble and shoot. And the fact that Shake and Marial Shayok, two late second rounders, are getting called up before Zhaire speaks volumes.

Back
Top Bottom