2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Ben hasn’t made any progress with decision making/assertiveness. Still committing TO’s due to his lack of confidence and inability to finish at the rim. How many times dude on a fast break or semi break and ends up jumping in the air to throw a pass behind him. Or he refuses to drive strong and take an extra step to finish a layup. I’m cool with him not being a great jump shooter because he just isn’t there yet, but there’s a ton of other things he can be great at.

Shayok making his debut today :pimp:

Also, where in the world is Zhaire? Does he really suck that bad to not be playing now?

Ben hasn’t made any progress with decision making/assertiveness. Still committing TO’s due to his lack of confidence and inability to finish at the rim. How many times dude on a fast break or semi break and ends up jumping in the air to throw a pass behind him. Or he refuses to drive strong and take an extra step to finish a layup. I’m cool with him not being a great jump shooter because he just isn’t there yet, but there’s a ton of other things he can be great at.

"The statistics reflect his tendency to defer. In his first three seasons, Simmons’ drives per game decreased from 14.6 to 9.9 to 9.0, while his pass rate increased from 37.7% to 42.3% to 59.9%. His drives-to-pass rate ratio represents the disproportionate proportion at which he passes out of drives.

There are statistics, of course, that paint Simmons in a brighter light. He’s averaging 8.1 assists per game, tied for fourth in the NBA.

He’s getting rid of the ball quicker. He averages 4.19 seconds per touch this season compared to 4.4 last season and 4.45 the season before. He likes to push the ball in transition, but he also makes assists within the flow of the offense."

Shayok making his debut today :pimp:

Also, where in the world is Zhaire? Does he really suck that bad to not be playing now?

Still with the Blue coats. I don’t think he’s that bad but you want Zhaire to also be another ball handler and driver. He’s basically Fultz without the handle, just gonna be in the corner

Doesn’t really seem like there’s much hope from the coaching staff at the moment that Zhaire is going to be an important part of this team.

"The statistics reflect his tendency to defer. In his first three seasons, Simmons’ drives per game decreased from 14.6 to 9.9 to 9.0, while his pass rate increased from 37.7% to 42.3% to 59.9%. His drives-to-pass rate ratio represents the disproportionate proportion at which he passes out of drives.

There are statistics, of course, that paint Simmons in a brighter light. He’s averaging 8.1 assists per game, tied for fourth in the NBA.

He’s getting rid of the ball quicker. He averages 4.19 seconds per touch this season compared to 4.4 last season and 4.45 the season before. He likes to push the ball in transition, but he also makes assists within the flow of the offense."
What’s the percentage of him stopping his dribble? Or his finishing with right to left hand ratio? My point is if you’ve watched Ben play from his rookie season to now he hasn’t made any significant jump in any of his weaknesses. And by that I mean in the context of the game, not some blog boy deep dive stat splits

Our bench is so weird, it’s like only one player is allowed to flourish each game and you’ll never know who.

I swear Ennis has basically been our third best player in a handful of our games so far :lol: dude has been saving our *** for not having any shooting on the wings

He also has an uncanny ability to draw fouls. Usually they don’t call those for role players like himself but he’s just good as hell at throwing his body into defenders at the right angles.

TJ :frown: I miss the GOAT and I’m happy to see the warm reception he got from crowd and old teammates.

Ben:pimp: His finishing at the rim was atrocious tonight but his D was clutch and being perfect from the free throw line was great too. We say this all the time but if we could this aggressive Ben every night, we’d be tough to beat.

Ben finishing will forever be trash since he’s using his off hand lol but as long as he’s aggressive on D it’s makes everything better

What’s the percentage of him stopping his dribble? Or his finishing with right to left hand ratio? My point is if you’ve watched Ben play from his rookie season to now he hasn’t made any significant jump in any of his weaknesses. And by that I mean in the context of the game, not some blog boy deep dive stat splits

The stats were actually supporting your claim lol

Joel probably had the worst 20-20 game I’ve ever seen. Ben had some nice numbers too but he was just as bad. It’s a shame these 2 play with such low effort so often against bad teams they should dominate.

5Q6Kgx1.jpg

Best W of the year and the return of the old Joel we all love. Now we just need Chuck and Shaq to light Ben’s *** up to be more aggressive.

I love clutch defense.

If Matisse can keep up as a reliable 3 point threat, a closing lineup of Ben-Josh-Matisse-Tobi-Joel is tantalizing.

After letting go of Cov, Mikal, and whatever is happening with Zhaire, I am glad to see Thybulle filling that 3&D role so so well and he will only improve from here.

It was a great win yesterday, I still think we have much room for improvement (Ben), and I do think we need another ball-handler who can break down a defence. but we are trending the right way.

After letting go of Cov, Mikal, and whatever is happening with Zhaire, I am glad to see Thybulle filling that 3&D role so so well and he will only improve from here.

It was a great win yesterday, I still think we have much room for improvement (Ben), and I do think we need another ball-handler who can break down a defence. but we are trending the right way.

Somebody like George Hill would be the literal perfect fit for this team at PG. I just don’t know who that dude would be around the league because we obviously can’t get the actual Hill from the Bucks.

Dragic is another guy that would be so perfect but is another dude we wouldn’t be able to get.

Last edited:
I’ll take Matisse over Mikal any day. Matisse literally gets his hands on everything, just need to cut down on the fouls.
Tobias has been steady, and that’s all he needs to do if Embiid can be an MVP type player for the rest of the year.

I’ll take Matisse over Mikal any day. Matisse literally gets his hands on everything, just need to cut down on the fouls.
Tobias has been steady, and that’s all he needs to do if Embiid can be an MVP type player for the rest of the year.

Simmons is the one that needs to step up, I've said this from the very beginning, I've said this before, in order for this current team to be successful, he HAS to take it to the next level as a scorer and ball handler.

Back
Top Bottom