2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

I don’t understand getting rid of Gregg unless he’s getting a HC job somewhere. He did well with the browns defense this year.

I don’t understand getting rid of Gregg unless he’s getting a HC job somewhere. He did well with the browns defense this year.

i wonder if him not getting the HC gig created friction

hope the jete don't get him. or dolphins :lol:

I could see how Williams' brash personality could be hard to work with.

The hell happens to Gregg Williams?
sftpkc2vh8vkqsvpfbyl.jpg

cause you dont want to lose kitchens.. it's either you keep things as is, if you can.. or you go with kitchens if you cant keep him

One things for sure, all the top DC's will be rushing to interview for the Bears gig.

# 1 Defense returning 9 of 11 starters for sure (Callahan & Amos both FA's and I think they keep both)

Williams
Joseph
Wilkes
Donatelle (Bears DL Coach; Unless he leaves to Denver as Vic DC)
Rex Ryan ?

There's some names out there. Lets see who Nagy/Pace bring in.

I wonder why Kitchens wasn’t promoted to begin with when Hue was fired to see what he’s got. Gregg was promoted and did well and then lost his spot to someone who wasn’t promoted. I could kind of see why he’d be pissed if he is.

Sounds like Kitchens played a big role in Baker taking off. Maybe they’re promoting him before someone else takes him away from them so the browns felt he was more valuable than Gregg. But I still wonder why he wasn’t promoted to begin with. Then maybe you don’t piss Gregg off and still have him as DC.

I wonder why Kitchens wasn’t promoted to begin with when Hue was fired to see what he’s got. Gregg was promoted and did well and then lost his spot to someone who wasn’t promoted. I could kind of see why he’d be pissed if he is.

Sounds like Kitchens played a big role in Baker taking off. Maybe they’re promoting him before someone else takes him away from them so the browns felt he was more valuable than Gregg. But I still wonder why he wasn’t promoted to begin with. Then maybe you don’t piss Gregg off and still have him as DC.

I was seeing some National pundits saying this about y'all hire this week. When McVay was hired they said he was a year away and then ended up taking off.

Maybe Pack want to get in on LeFleur a year early than lose him a year late.

I can totally see Greg Williams coaching the Bears defense next year... 3-4 Scheme

I mean he technically was promoted. I think he was the RB coach before Haley and Hue got canned. I dont think he ever called plays before that in the NFL. My guess is they promoted him to OC, liked what they saw, made him head coach so a different team didnt poach him, then Williams got pissed (rightfully so) and they didnt want to deal with the drama so they moved on.

Last edited:
One things for sure, all the top DC's will be rushing to interview for the Bears gig.

# 1 Defense returning 9 of 11 starters for sure (Callahan & Amos both FA's and I think they keep both)

Williams
Joseph
Wilkes
Donatelle (Bears DL Coach; Unless he leaves to Denver as Vic DC)
Rex Ryan ?

There's some names out there. Lets see who Nagy/Pace bring in.

I'm bummed to see Fangio go, but he's done a hell of a job with our defense this season. Donatelle i think is good as gone since he's tied to Fangio.

I really hope the team progresses this season. We've seen many teams that had promise one season and then looked bad to mediocre in the following seasons (Falcons and Panthers come to mind). I think Pace will bring in a good defensive mind and that we shouldnt regress that much.

I mean he technically was promoted. I think he was the RB coach before Haley and Hue got canned. I dont think he ever called plays before that in the NFL. My guess is they promoted him to OC, liked what they saw, made him head coach so a different team didnt poach him, the Williams got pissed (rightfully so) and they didnt want to deal with the drama so they moved on.

Word, you’re right. This makes sense.

With the Bears having the rest of their staff in place, wouldn't shock me to see Gregg end up in CHI.

Yeah just realized I don’t want bears to get ol triple G

Who is all left looking for a HC?

Back
Top Bottom