2020 SNEAKER SCENE

I would not care about sneakers at all, if I didn't play ball or train. Since the closing of some of the spots I used to frequent, Blades on Bway NYC being one of them, I cannot get the stuff I used to have access to with ease. It's bothersome, but I've moved on to the next. However living in NYC I always come across stuff that I like, yet never thought of my hobby as some sort of game, nor ever being a part of some culture. I simply like shoes, and sneakers are just that.

the reselling doesn’t bother me. if the price is too high, which it usually is, i don’t buy it.

close friend of mine was making a little bit of money reselling stuff but around the time of the first off white drops until now, he’s making buy a house with cash type money.

Reselling has become so much easier, yet so much harder. Any regular joe can try getting the drop on SNKRS app knowing you’ll be able to double/triple your money without any hard work, just a quick ebay/OfferUp post. It’s made the “casual” person a “sneaker head”

Lol, I haven't won ANY draw or raffle on Snkrs. Always installing and uninstalling. :lol:. They got raffle bots or draw bots or whatever. The casual person ain't a "sneaker head", they just want in on da money. "Sneaker heads" or as I call them collectors, like the culture and get really interested in this stuff.

They spent ALOT of time, 1,2, or 3 decades in this.You know what I mean. But thats the point of NT, atleast when I joined. Problem is these companies ain't doing much to stop it. Resellers got proxies and groups out there.

So its like, either you get lucky these days trying to buy something limited you really want, use bots or programs, or you give your cash to resellers, or not. :smh:.

I said it in the Nike Sb thread, our culture is sorta getting gentrified. Kids are interested in the money and limited hype, the older collectors are basically phasing out or cashing out. Its a cycle, but it's kinda changing quicker at this rate. So at my age, I'm trying to enjoy as much as I can until I probably decide to cash out too.

Like i said in another thread

The sneaker game when I was collecting from 2005-2012 was more of a small community thing. The days where getting sneaker updates would be on sites like NT or ISS. The days when buying sneakers you actually liked matter. When the only resell you really had to pay was like $40-150 over retail unless it was something more exclusive. The days where you were considered a collector for having all sorts of kicks from Nike's, Reeboks, Asics, Adidas.

Nowadays, it's exploited like a h**ker. You got trendy kids, shoetubers,the bot teen who sits on his computer buying 70 pairs, the parents, grandparents all trying to buy ANY pair to resell not even to rock. If you are someone whose collection only consits of Travis Scott Sneakers, Off-Whites, Yeezys, and Jordan 1's you aren't a SNEAKERHEAD YOU ARE A CULTURE VULTURE.

There was no bigger flex than wearing your kicks before release date and walking past everyone camping out for them.
In hindsight it's so corny, but back then you couldn't tell me I wasnt doing it.
One of the last times I was out in these street thirsty for a sneaker release was for the galaxy foams.

It was a man zoo down at 21 Mercer and some dude hopped out a whip with them on his feet.

Every step he took might as well been a mini earthquake.

Last edited:
My only camps were altitude 13’s in Seattle Niketown 2005 (1 day).
Dinosaur Jr SB dunks & MF Doom SB dunks Seattle GOODS 2007 (14hrs)
Playoff 8’s Seattle Retro Shoe store 2008 (3hrs)

And never paid more than retail ever. Mostly cause I was a broke teen. But now cause it’s just disrespectful bots are rampant.

ive never hit on Snkrs app & I have only hit very few raffles. Depressssssssssing

Once the Air Monarchs started picking up steam I was out.

I don't have an issue with the current shoe game.

It has and always be for the kids.

Let these you boys rock.

2001 lol I was 4 years old back then :rofl:

Damn, just to let you know before you were here, all these shoes were available when you walked in the store Saturday at 5pm.

You didn't really have to line up for shoes until the first retro Js came out around 01.

And even then you were probably guaranteed a pair.

I'm talkin Concords, True Blue 3s, inferred 6s.

There was no bigger flex than wearing your kicks before release date and walking past everyone camping out for them.
In hindsight it's so corny, but back then you couldn't tell me I wasnt doing it.

Funny you mention that. My dad had a business account with a local shoe store for his non-profit sports program and i remember picking up cool grey 11's on his account early. Also picked up the bred 14's and wore them to school a few days before the release. I remember because I only went to school half a day to watch the basketball state finals with my pops and my brother.

Once the shoes got to $170 (navy 16's) my pops cut me off. LOL!!!!!

Damn, just to let you know before you were here, all these shoes were available when you walked in the store Saturday at 5pm.

You didn't really have to line up for shoes until the first retro Js came out around 01.

And even then you were probably guaranteed a pair.

I'm talkin Concords, True Blue 3s, inferred 6s.

What a time...smh if u good with them u could actually walk in maybe 2 weeks before release and cop....retail no tax at that

Stuff would actually hit mark downs too smh

What a time...smh if u good with them u could actually walk in maybe 2 weeks before release and cop....retail no tax at that

Stuff would actually hit mark downs too smh

I remember copping the first retro eggplant foams a week after release.

It was the last one in my size but still a week later.

Back
Top Bottom